Start by marking “Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)” as Want to Read:
Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)

Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie #6)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  423 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Gelis MacKenzie is one of the most desirable heiresses in all the Western Highlands. She is the youngest and much adored daughter of the indomitable Black Stag of Kintail, Duncan MacKenzie, who was the hero of Welfonder's novel DEVIL IN A KILT. Unfortunately, Gelis has been branded unmarriageable, but not for lack of masculine interest. No matter how lofty the ancestry, ho ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Forever (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Seducing a Scottish Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seducing a Scottish Bride

Julie (jjmachshev)
Reviewed for queuemyreview.com; book release Mar09

Magic and mayhem in the highlands. Sue-Ellen Welfonder’s latest in her MacKenzie series is “Seducing a Scottish Bride”. There’s a dark curse, a stubborn laird, and magical Druids. All wrapped up in a tale of love and persistence set against the highland hills of Scotland.

Gelis is a much sought-after heiress. Unfortunately, the odds of her father ever actually allowing her to marry seem to be decreasing every year! She decides to try her hand at s
Lover of Romance
Gelis has always dreamed of finding love and passion. She knows with her father, that may seem impossible; he tends to kick out her suitors left and right, with no hope of finding a loving marriage just as her parents have with each other. But then she has a dream or vision, where see see a man known as the "Raven", who is in need of her and her love. That he is her future and she will find everything she ever dreamed of in his arms. So she informs her father that Ronan is the man she will marr ...more
Barbee
I have been reading Sue-Ellen Welfonder books for many years and it is always so rich with Scottish history and lore I always find each book so enchanting and magical it's always a treat to read them. This one is about a daughter Gelis Mackensie who dreams of marriage and children but is considered unmarriagable as her Father, the Black Stag, Duncan Mackensie from previous book *Devil In a Kilt* since he constantly rejects each and every suitor. Then she has a vision of a raven who needs her hel ...more
Barbara ★
Ronan MacRuari is tortured soul cursed when his father went over to the dark side. His first two wives were killed and he is terrified of marrying again. Gelis MacKenzie is his fated bride and she is from strong Scottish stock and is not afraid of his curse. She is determined to love him and seduce him into loving her. The MacRuari family is fighting a losing battle with the Old Ones (Gods I guess) who are trying to recover something that Ronan's father stole from them. They are sabotaging Ronan ...more
Chumchum_88
This is the third time I write a review about this book so excuse me if I'm a little pissed and out of words.
personally I felt it was ok.
I liked how the story was gripping, but hated how close to the ending the main couple were finally together.
overall, great page-turner
Anne
Enjoyable romance with a bit of suspense. I liked this book, and the story was terrific. Set in the Highlands of scotland, a man forces another Laird to give him his daughter in exchange for a favor he did for him. Recommended.
Leah
Western Highlands - 1348

Adding this to the list of "favorite reads". Sue-Ellen's writing is magical to me. Through her words I could actually see the mist snaking it's way in through the window embrasures like talons clawing to make purchase. I got actual chills in several parts while reading. Gelis and Ronan's story is an emotional one that changes darkness to light and in doing that takes you through some pretty rough moments for these two. As always, Sue-Ellen brings me to tears with laughter
Romance Novel TV
Reviewed by PJ Ausdenmore
Publisher: Forever
4 stars

I’m a long-time fan of medieval romance. Once upon a time, medievals were in abundance with new books being released every month but they’ve become a bit scarce in recent years so you can imagine how excited I get every time a good one hits the market. Toss a sexy highlander, a feisty heroine and a touch of paranormal into the medieval mix and my reader’s heart dances with delight.

The beloved younger daughter of Duncan MacKenzie, the Black Stag o
Kelly Moran
Author Sue-Ellen Wellfonder made frequent trips to the land of her dreams due to her twenty year career with the airlines. Bi-lingual, she flew international all those years, working her flights as foreign language speaker. Her flying career allowed her to see the world, but it was always to Scotland that she returned. Now a full-time writer, she much prefers wielding a pen to pushing tea and coffee. Proud of her own Hebridean ancestry, she belongs to two clan societies: the MacFie Clan Society ...more
Sue
I selected this book based on the fact that the author and I share a name, Sue Ellen, though mine is minus the hyphen. (And no smirking about this book selection method, because I happen to know for a fact that one of YOU, my Goodreads friends, selects wine based on the label design, which seems to me to be an equally random method!) Well, I can happily report that my namesake did not disappoint me, and this was an enjoyable read. She has gifted her heroine with "second sight" and cursed her das ...more
Lori
I love this whole entire series. You can read each book as a stand alone but I prefer to read series in order and I am so glad that I did it with this particular series.

Gelis & Ronan are thrown together into a marriage that her father and his grandfather have set up in the past and now Ronan's family is calling in the favor. Ronan believes his family is cursed after losing his first 2 wives and doesn't want any harm to come to Gelis.

Gelis doesn't see that any harm can come to her and begins
Susan
I read to about page 150 and stopped. I wanted to like this book as I have read many other books by this author, but I found the story alternating between interesting and boring. At one point there were no less that 20 pages of dialogue and at the end I couldn't even tell you what it was all about. I didn't feel connected to either lead character at all. As I said, I really wanted to like this book but it just didn't deliver for me. I love the cover, though!
Mumsgang Nash
This was my first read of Sue-ellen Welfonder , but i really enjoyed it
it tells of the growing love between lady gelis mackensie and ronan macruari otherwise known as the raven, it tells of there story of how ravens grandfather arranges a marriange between the two clans and how the ralationship blossoms but the drawback is the the macruari clan is under a curse from centeries ago when druids roamed the lands and how together the break the curse
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Ronan lives under a family curse and has no thought as to ever leading a good life. Gelis is an outspoken and independent young woman who discovers that she has her mother's gift of second sight. A marriage between them has been arranged and they are attracted to each other at first sight, but the old family curse gets in the way and Gelis helps solve a mystery and lift the curse. Imaginative and good read!!
Stacie
The story of Ronan the Raven. His family has a curse on them. So Ronan has already had two brides die on him. However, when his family gets him a new bride he is afraid to love her or be with her. Gelis has the sight and has seen that she belongs to Ronan. She has to make him believe that the curse can be broken.
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
This was a great historical romance. It had the brooding highlander and the spirted maiden force together by circumstances beyond thier control. Together that have to face a challenge that brings them closer together and saves thier clan.
Julie
Not one of my favorite Highland/Scottish romances. Usually, I enjoy Scottish romances of every sort, and this one contains plenty of Highland brawn, Scottish superstition and Druid magic. The relationship between the hero and heroine started rather abruptly in a less than romantical way and continued to be very "flat" throughout the story. I think the relationship didn't get the opportunity to grow and reach a climax and consummate itself. The hero fought any and all connections, physical or oth ...more
SheLove2Read
The cover is pretty. I liked the heroine's name - Gelis. Always love a setting of Scotland. Um....that's about all I can say that's positive about this book. Sorry.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The sixth book in the MacKenzie series by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. I liked this better than other books in the series. Not sure why.
Sharon Sherman
This was as good a read as the last Welfonder book I read.
Blodeuedd Finland
First I do must say that the title is rather incorrect, it should more be Seducing a Scottish groom, because Ronan tried everything not to seduce her, and she on the other hand tries everything to seduce him.

I do love Scotland, and who doesn't love Scots who do not wear anything under that plaid. How they got anything done is beyond me. But ok enough with what they wear.

Ronan is dark and brooding, he has lost 2 wives and the castle and grounds are a dangerous place since there is a ancient curse
The_Book_Queen
For months, I've seen posts and widgets about this particular book all over the web-- it seemed like everyone had it on their list of books they were waiting for. The cover caught my eye, and then the title, and by the time I got to the blurb/summary, I thought "This sounds like a good book-- I'll have to add it to my list as well!". Unfortunately, after all the hype, the months of waiting for it to come out, when my copy finally arrived a few weeks ago (Thanks to Hachette Book Group!), I never ...more
Cheryl
Lady Gelis MacKenzie is an heiress. She is one of the most beautiful and headstrong heiress to live in the highlands. Gelis may be an heiress but she is just like every other woman and in the fact that she is looking for love. Gelis ends up dreaming of a dark haired man, who she believes is her true love.

Ronan MacRuari is cursed and so because of this he won’t marry again. He has just recently buried his second wife. Ronan is also known as the Raven. This is because of his dark hair. Too much o
Readitnweep
Ivonne
por que sera que todos se resistiran al principio??? pero el deseo esta ahi nadie puede negarlo aunque quieran...
no se al principio Gelis me parecia una niña que no se iba a dar por vencida que haria pataletas por conseguir al Cuervo pero despues se vio que maduro y que le importaban las otras cosas pero todavia tenia esa pasion por conseguir lo que era suyo costara lo que costara.
en los otros libros ha sido un desafio descubrir al "malo" pero en este no nos dieron ni la oportunidad de pensar en
Karina Díaz
Me gustó mucho, qué la personalidad de Gelis es la mezcla perfecta de lo mas apasionado de sus padres. Ella y el cuervo hacen una química excelente y eso se ve reflejado en Muchas partes del libro.
Pamela Traynham
The title is a bit deceiving. This is a story of a bride trying to fit in to a new clan and a new life. She is determined and persistent. Interesting twists. Pretty tame in the 'juicy' department- more sweet than saucy. Not much for historical context. An entertaining story to read once, but probably not one to read over and over.
Liska De Freitas
Le doy un 3.5. Me decepcionóel libro. Pensé que por ser el libro de Gelis, iba a ser una historia apasionada y llena de acción, pero sentí que el libro era algunas veces tedioso y hasta aburrido. Con la personalidad tan chispa y atrevida de Gelis, en verdad esperaba más de este libro.
Robin
Yeah, this one I totally did not understand. Maybe I got lost in all the dialogue or the endless, rambling speeches in a dialect I could not comprehend. Maybe I was tired. Maybe the " second sight stuff" was over my head...
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • The Irresistible MacRae (The Highland Lords, #3)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Bride
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • Taken By The Laird (Regency Flings, #2)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • Highland Dragon
196759
Sue-Ellen Welfonder is a card-carrying Scotophile whose burning wish to make frequent (free) trips to the land of her dreams led her to a twenty year career with the airlines. Bi-lingual, she flew international all those years, working her flights as foreign language speaker. Her flying career allowed her to see the world, but it was always to Scotland that she returned.

Now a full-time writer, sh
More about Sue-Ellen Welfonder...

MacKenzie (7 books)
  • Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1)
  • Bride of the Beast (MacKenzie, #2)
  • Only for a Knight (MacKenzie, #3)
  • Until the Knight Comes (MacKenzie, #4)
  • Bride for a Knight (MacKenzie, #5)
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1) Bride of the Beast (MacKenzie, #2) Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1) A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7) Only for a Knight (MacKenzie, #3)

“Lass, lass! You are more desirable than any woman I have e'er known." He drew back to look at her. "E'er, I say, do you hear me? Ne'er have I been more tempted!” 4 likes