Start by marking “The Stolen (Henry Parker, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Stolen (Henry Parker, #3)

The Stolen (Henry Parker #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  364 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Five years ago the boy vanished without a trace. Today he came back.

Five years after he disappeared, young Daniel Linwood returned to his suburban home for dinner as though he'd never left. It's a blessing for both his family and their community. And I've snagged the exclusive interview.

But it turns out Daniel is just one of a string of abducted children who have mysteriou
Published January 1st 2008 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about The Stolen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stolen

Cheryl
One of the most unbelievable things has happened. Twelve year old, Daniel Linwood has returned home. So your probably saying so what’s the big deal about that? Well the big deal is that five years ago Daniel Linwood vanished. The police, his family and the community searched but never found a single trace of what happened to young Daniel. Now here he is, standing on his parents door step without a single scratch on him as if he never was gone.

Henry Parker is a reporter with the New York Gazett
Gloria Bernal
I like the character of Henry Parker and the fast pace and twists in Pinters books. The novels never drag and keep you interested late into the night. This one however disappointed me at the end. I found that the whole premise for the kidnapped kids far-fetched, a stretch of the imagination. I don't want to give it away because it's the ending that clears up all the loose ends, but I found it implausible that this would ever happen, not the bad guys part of it (although even that was a stretch) ...more
Judie Cook
This is the first book of Pinter's that I've read. I don't even remember when or why I picked it up, but I enjoyed it so much that I intend to buy his other books! I read mostly at night, before I go to sleep...let me tell you, I had trouble turning out the light, it was such a good read! It's about a child who had been kidnapped 5 years ago. He suddenly reappears at his house, unharmed and with no knowledge of where he'd been. When an investigative reporter is assigned to interview the boy, he ...more
Gina
Kidnapped and returned with no memory in between…

Six months have passed since Henry and Amanda broke up. His job as a reporter for the New York Gazette has taken dangerous roads and he broke up with her, just to keep her safe. And yet, painful as it is, he still loves her and thinks about her every day. But no matter how much he loves her, he doesn’t want to see her harmed…

Daniel Linwood knocks on the door of his family’s home, five years after he disappears without a trace. It’s a miracle he’s
Eli Yanti
Amanda... Dialah yang selalu dikenang Henry sejak putus dengannya akibat ancaman dari pembunuh gila (baca buku : The guilty) sehingga menyebabkan Henry terpaksa meninggalkan Amanda meski dia selalu mencintai Amanda....

Buku ke 3 – The Stolen ini mengisahkan Seorang Polikus yang sangat berambisi menyelamatkan serta mensejahterahkan kehidupan masyarakat dari keterpurukan ekonomi, sebuah kota yang tergolong berpendapatan dibawah rata-rata sehingga tingkat kejahatan, pembunuhan, pemerkosaan dan peram
Laren
Our main character is an investigative reporter who is granted an exclusive interview with a missing child who just returned home after 5 years. The child doesn't remember anything at all about those years, but the reporter picks up on some clues that there might be some similarities with other missing children. Implausibilities ensue, but it was still an entertaining story.

This is the first book I have read by this author, and I enjoyed it. But I felt a bit like I was watching a TV series by st
Caity Ross
Mirella Grace
Makin lama, serial ini makin bagus aja, meskipun gak bisa dapet bintang 5. Seri ketiga ini yah, 4.5 bintang lah. Mudah mudahan buku keempat yang The Fury bisa keren abis.

Cerita tentang penculikan anak anak berumur 6-9 tahun, dan mendadak sang anak kembali ke keluarganya setelah 4-5 tahun dinyatakan hilang. Ketika Henry Parker diminta untuk melakukan wawancara untuk kasus ini, dia menemukan hal yang aneh dan berniat untuk mengusut tuntas kasus ini, demi artikel yang akan dibuatnya.

Siapa yang sang
Fiona Johnson
I enjoyed this book. It was a very fun fast paced read. I like the main character Henry Parker; a broken hearted young journalist with a bad habit of getting shot at by those he's investigating as he digs around another story.

Children are being kidnapped but strangely, after a few years of going missing from their family, they turn up on the doorstep unharmed, except they have totally lost all memory of the years that have passed.

I found this an interesting premise and it certainly caught my att
Minty McBunny
I saw an ad for this book on Goodreads and thought the premise sounded interesting.

Once I got a copy from the library, I realized it was part of a series and also that it was a different book than the one I'd seen advertised. I briefly considered going back to read the earlier books. But based on the writing style of the first chapter, I had a feeling I wasn't going to care enough about this series to want to start at the beginning, so I just read it as it stood.

The story was entertaining enoug
Marie-Jo Fortis
A boy shows up on his doorsteps years after he has disappeared. Apparently untouched, and with no memory of what happened. An intriguing plot in this Henry Parker novel which, I must admit, is my first Jason Pinter experience as well.

What saves part of the book is the engaging, colorful prose, the lively dialogues. But with such a fascinating premise, Pinter could have done so much more. Here, he pulls out an implausible, yet predictable conclusion.

At some point, there even seems to be a shift o
Shannon
Best Henry Parker book thus far!

I'm digging this series. Each mystery is that much more interesting than the previous installment. This particular story revolves around stolen children which, as a mother, is a hot button issue for me. The treatment is real and the players believable. The dialogue is witty--I laughed out loud several times.

Several smaller story lines pull peripheral characters into the spotlight, but Pinter's characters are so well-developed that the slide in and out of their PO
Ali
Dec 07, 2008 Ali rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
This was an amazing book. I loved this book; it was hard to put down. It was about a boy, Daniel Linwood, who disappeared five years ago and then he reappears out of the blue to his family. He is uninjured and he seems fine, as if nothing happened, but he has recollection of what happened to him or where he has been. A reporter, Henry Parker, has been assigned to write the story on the boy. As he interviews the boy, writes the paper, he notices a few strange details that lead him to believe ther ...more
Tracey
Aug 08, 2008 Tracey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a great suspense novel
Oh.my.gosh. This book was soooooooooooo good! I had never heard of Jason Pinter before. I got his book from my Mira book club and it sounded good so I read it. I HATED to put this book down.
Daniel Linwood disappears as a young boy only to return to his family almost 5 years later with no evidence of abuse or neglect, and no memory of the years he was missing. Henry Parker is a reporter sent to cover his story. Intrigued by certain things is his interview with the boy, Henry digs deeper and find
Sianne Morrison
This one was so bad that I even tried to skip pages, then whole chapters. ..but it got no better. This one is a shocker.
Rebekah
I found the plot very simple and a little unrealistic. While Jason Pinter did explore 'Parker' the main character, I found the other characters flat, especially Parker's girlfriend. Towards the end, Jason relied too much on telling and not enough on showing. The ending of the book became more of an info dump. I did like how Pinter tied up some of the loose ends at the close of the book, though the relationship could have been more romantic at the end. I also found the ending a little long. All u ...more
Wieta
Buku Jason Pinter pertama yang aku baca: The Stolen yang merupakan serial Henry Parker, seorang reporter dari koran New York Gazette.
Parker diminta mewawancarai Daniel, yang kembali setelah hilang selama 5 tahun tanpa mengingat suatu hal pun. Selama wawancara, Parker mendapatkan beberapa hal yang menurutnya layak untuk ditelusuri lebih jauh.
Ceritanya bergulir dengan cepat. Menurut aku cukup bagus walaupun Parker sebagai tokoh sentral tidak menonjol untuk diidolakan. Ia hanya sosok biasa. Yang m
Nick
The book had an interesting story line, but the self-deprecation and jokes which don't play as well in literature as they do in life were a little thick in the story.
A child who has been kidnapped reappears after 5 years...whodunnit? That's the premise, which is pretty cool but then there are some extra plots regarding relationships, revenge, personal demons, etc which are added. Overall, the book held interest. Just don't expect it to be quite to the level of intrique as the previous two book
Bill
A new volume in the Henry Parker series. It is an interesting read because a big daily newspaper is the primary setting and with newspapers today in decline it is like reading about a business on its last legs. Pinter tells a pretty good story that moves along at a fast clip. Lots of bad guys to deal with, a broken relationship he is trying to repair, and an unexpected family matter to deal with. It is the type of book to read on an airplane or at the beach. Good escapist fiction.
Dawn
Although I figured out what was going on right away, the book still held my interest all the way through. I hadn't read the first two in the series, but I didn't feel lost in this one. Now I'd like to read the other two, as bits and pieces of their plots trickled into this one and they seem interesting as well. This book was a little sad, but the characters were great.
Christine Malevre
I read the first, the second and this is my last. The story was so unbelievable. Henry Parker used to be a cool dude. I don't like him so much any longer. He spends his time munching on McDonalds, Pizza and various junk foods and when he once eats a blueberry mufffin he wonders if he should go out running. How crazy is that. No more Henry Parker for me. I am shelving it.
Jackie
I thought this was a dreadful book. Completely predictable and not well written. Although, judging from other reviews, I am somewhat alone in my opinion!! Personally, I'm just glad I only paid a quarter for it from a Thrift Store!
VLynch
Started out great, but lost a little in the middle. Interesting idea though, on the reason why and how things were done. Good story. I recoomend the author, and like the relationships between the main characters.
Sirja Ellen
Jason, I'm dissapoint.
It seemed very interesting, and I usually like these Harlequin's crime books. They're usually entertaining, and I have to admit that this book was too. BUT the ending was just boring.
Selene
This wasn't worth reading but quite a quick read. The story line was naf and nothing exciting happened apart from a few pages where they were kidnapped. Pretty boring really.
Gevera Bert
The series is starting to feel a little contrived. Interesting that part of this one referenced Meriden, CT, the town next to where I live, but with fictional information.
Corky
Henry Parker is a very likeable reporter and "detective". This is the best of the 3 written by this author so far. Look for this author to become a "name" in the thriller genre!
T.M. Carper
A good follow-up to the other Henry Parker novels. A quick, interesting read. It's good to see Henry and Amanda back together as a team. Can't wait for the next one!
Jessica
Wildly implausible, but still enjoyable - Pinter spends enough time on his good guys to give them some color. If only the same could be said of the antagonists....
Elizabeth Ann Cyrus
started reading last night and i am half way in, the book is fast paced and a page turner. it is easy to read ad the story line is easy to follow.
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • Victim
  • Pitch Black
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Tempting Fate
  • Twisted
  • One Last Scream
  • A Cold Day in Hell
  • Forgotten
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • Spyder Web (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #1)
  • Delayed Diagnosis (Dr. Rhea Lynch, #1)
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)
  • The Andalucian Friend
  • Chillwater Cove
  • The First Sin (Lexi Steele, #1)
  • Judas Kiss (Taylor Jackson, #3)
  • Blood Wicked (Blood, #4)
Founder and publisher of Polis Books, which you can visit at http://www.polisbooks.com, http://www.twitter.com/polisbooks and http://www.facebook.com/polisbooks. Bestselling thriller writer and author of the ZEKE BARTHOLOMEW series for young readers. My books have nearly 1.5 million copies in print worldwide in over a dozen languages, have been nominated for numerous awards and optioned for film. ...more
More about Jason Pinter...
The Mark (Henry Parker, #1) The Guilty (Henry Parker, #2) The Fury (Henry Parker, #4) The Darkness (Henry Parker, #5) The Hunters