Start by marking “Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)” as Want to Read:
Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)

Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The road has just gotten tougher and a lot more personal for Miami attorney Gail Connor: someone is stalking her 11-year-old daughter, Karen. This suspenseful novel places Connor in an impossible position between the man she loves and a deadly adversary. There is nothing more gut-wrenching than a child in danger, and as Connor acts, she is shocked to learn how broad her su ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Signet (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion of Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion of Betrayal

Suspicion of Betrayal is a novel about a female lawyer (oh, hey look my dream job) whose life falls apart on the basis of a series of anonymous attacks on her and her family. It is also the first Barbara Parker novel I have read so far.

Since the identity of the villain dangled over my head the entire time, I didn't dare put the book down despite not wanting to finish it anymore due to how slow I think the story progressed. Also, I really wanted to find out whether or not the couple I ship went c
A stereotypical relationship between headstrong yet clinging divorcee on the rebound and insufferably macho Cuban fiance. Well drawn Miami setting for a plodding plot. Concludes with the door open to a similarly dysfunctional sequel.
Brenda Kay McClusky
Best Suspicion book yet

Great plot and a much better read than book four. Starting book six tomorrow! Keep them coming Mrs. Parker...truly entertaining.
Gail Conners is a attorney in Miami. She is a single mother of a daughter, Karen. She is romantically interested in a powerful criminal attorney, Anthony Quintana. As the story goes on, twists and turns await the reader, and blood is spilled and fingers are pointed. Anthony Quintana is a Cuban-American, whose jealousy of Gail's ex-husband causes him to overstep his bounds. Gail Connors should be getting smarter as the series goes on, but she still makes potentially dangerous errors in judgment. ...more
Kathryn Bain
I enjoyed this book. I thought I knew who the culprit was then I changed my mind. Then I went back to my first guess. It didn't matter, I was wrong on both counts. I like that she was able to fool me.

The only real problem I had with this was the stupid things the heroine did. She put up with a boyfriend who was a jerk. She borrowed money from her law office trust account. Not smart and not a good thing for a heroine.

Overall though, I did like the book and would recommend it. It held my interes
Edy Carder
loved this book
Dawn Wsrkentin
This was an ok read for me and honestly did keep me guessing until the end. I received the book as a " pass along" and did not realize that this book was number 4 in a series. Likely will NOT go back to the beginning to book 1 because I am not sure that I like the Gail character enough to care about her beginnings. Will need to do more research first
This book was mildly entertaining but did not really capture my attention. I think my main problem with this book was that none of the characters had any redeeming qualities that made me care about them. They were all selfish and immature. I think a more likable character would have drew me into the story more.
i have read other novels by barbara parker, even ones with gail connor, her daughter karen, and anthony quintana, but this one did not seem to me to be as good as the others. characters seemed wishy washy and did things which didn't seem to hang together. guess they can't all be winners.
It took me quite awhile to get into this book. I found when I put it down, I never wondered what was happening, never thought about it. About 3/4 of the way through it got more interesting and turned out to be an ok book.
Jeannie Lewis
The main character seemed very weak to me. I was looking for a strong female & male leading character. I will, however, get the next book because I am dying to find out the what happens!!
I really liked this kept you guessing till the very end! There are 8 books in the "Suspicion of __________" series and I hope to read them all!
Teri Hand
An edge-of-your-seat thriller that makes it clear why Gail Connor is the heroine. An excellent read.
Rather intricate story about threats, murder, romance, and an independent woman trying to make it on her own.
I really enjoy Parker's writing style and her main character, Gail Connor. I would recommend this book.
Aug 14, 2013 Nancy added it
Wasn't sure who the stalker was 'til the end...Kinda surprising. too Good story!
Melissa Sellers
I didn't want to put this book down to go to bed! That's a rare thing!
Suspicion of Betrayal by Barbara Parker (2000)
Toesnorth's mom
Dec 08, 2012 Toesnorth's mom added it
Shelves: mom-s
stupid plot, stupid characters
Pauline Rogers
Book 4 of series
Jackie Simons
Read 12/01
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
  • Streets of Blood (Shadowrun, #8)
  • Beaches II: I'll Be There
  • The Delta Star
  • Firefox Down! (Mitchell Gant, #2)
  • An Imperfect Spy (A Kate Fansler Mystery #11)
  • A Dismal Thing to Do
  • A Wild and Lonely Place
  • Scent of a Killer
  • Everything You Have Is Mine (Lauren Laurano, #1)
  • Invasion of Privacy
  • Night's Pawn (Shadowrun, #10)
  • Mitigating Circumstances (Lily Forrester, #1)
  • Hanging Time (April Woo, #2)
  • Escape the Night
  • Nameless (Less Series, #2)
  • Romance (87th Precinct, #47)
  • The Vines of Yarrabee
  • Joanna's Husband and David's Wife
Barbara Parker (1946 or 1947–2009) was an American mystery writer. She wrote 12 novels, the first of which, Suspicion of Innocence, was a finalist for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best first mystery novel by an American author. Parker was on the national board of the Mystery Writers of America and was the chair of its membership committee for two years.
More about Barbara Parker...

Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana (8 books)
  • Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)
  • Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)
  • Suspicion of Deceit (Gail Connor/Anthony Quintana, #3)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7)
  • Suspicion of Rage (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #8)
Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1) Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2) Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5) Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7) Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)