Start by marking “Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)” as Want to Read:
Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)

Suspicion of Innocence (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #1)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  462 ratings  ·  31 reviews
A smart and successful young attorney, Gail Connor is on the verge of a partnership at a major law firm in the "new" Miami, a city more Latin than Anglo, with a dark side that slides right into the Everglades. But Gail's success at work has masked failure in her personal life: an empty marriage, a daughter she hardly knows, and a past she would rather forget. Then her sist ...more
Published November 1st 1994 by Signet (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Suspicion of Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspicion of Innocence

Scilla
Gail Connor is an up and coming attorney in Miami. Her work has caused a rift in her marriage. Her younger sister, Renee is found in the Everglades with slices in her wrists. Gail has also been estranged with her sister, but tries to help her mother with the funeral and estate. She finds an interesting Indian mask in her sister's apartment which soon has an important place all that happens. She soon finds out that homicide is investigating her sister's death and her husband has been having a pla ...more
Barbara ★
Bleh....This was my mother's favorite author/series and I just can't imagine why. The plot is uninteresting and bland; a typical day in the life story of a female lawyer who is accused of murdering her sister. This book developed exactly as I expected. There were zero surprises and it just plodded along. I guess back in 1994, when it was written, it might not have been so cliched and unoriginal but today in 2012, I've read this story a hundred times and this one doesn't do anything new and diffe ...more
Gramy
This was a novel about the intense circumstances brought upon Gail Connor when her estranged sister is found dead possibly murdered) immediately after a party they both attended at their mother’s home, leaving her utterly confused about her complicated feelings about their past together, her present circumstances, and her unknown future. She is especially concerned about her newly developed relationship with Anthony Guintana, a well-known Cuban criminal attorney. There was no lack of suspects in ...more
Cindy
I'm making my way through a whole bunch of free kobo book club books and this was one of them. Having formerly worked in a library, I knew this author's work took up like a shelf of space, so I felt reassured that it wouldn't be complete garbage. I was not wrong. It's not a bad read at all. Gail Connor is a lawyer (yay) and it's pretty obvious from the get go that she's going to be suspected of causing her sister's death. While there seemed to be many side stories and useless characters, don't b ...more
Connie
This was very slow at the beginning but started speeding up towards about page 100. The story seems similar to another story that I had read, but the ending was quite different. It takes place in Miami and was about a murder and her sister was accused of the crime. The sisters never really got along and the police felt she had motive to slash her sisters wrists even though there was no clear evidence to this.

I am glad that I didn't give up on this book and would like to read the rest in the ser
carolyn
Love it!

Couldn't put this book DOWN. I love a good mystery and this was one of the best. Full of twists and turns. Can't read wait to read the second book.
Pat
Very good.
Lawyer in Miami, her career and family.
Her sister is murdered and she is accused.
Sexy Cuban attorney she meets.
A page turner.
Kellie
My neighbor gave me a box of paperbacks to do with as I see fit. I was so excited to have a ton of "candy" to read when my bookshelves were empty. Ahhhh this book sucked. Really there is no way around it. The characters were so blah. The main character was so unlikeable I about tossed the book several times. I simply did not care what happened to the self centered beeyotch. Not one to give up, at least the mystery element picked up about half way thru the book. But even that is a stretch. Avoid ...more
Leslie Hemeon
A good plot but the protagonist is not likeable.
Margarette
The story is about a young attorney, whose sister is killed. The younger sister having been a thorn in her side her entire life gives the local police reason to suspect her of the killing. She starts her own investigation as to what and with whom her sister was associating and discovers she has several nefarious friends. together a good plot and character development made this an interesting and good read.
Linda
This is the first in a series and it is good enough that I will read the second one soon. The heroine is a flawed but likeable woman living in Miami about 20 years ago. She is a lawyer and it is interesting to see how life has changed in the last 20 years. Not much mention of computers and none of cell phones.
Mary
Jan 10, 2013 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
An easy read. About a lawyer in Miami whose sister commits suicide but the police realize quite quickly that it was a murder. I thought I had it figured out a couple of times but there's a surprise twist at the end; I have to say, I didn't see it coming. This was a free but from the Kobo Book Club.
Trina
Wow! This book was pure agony in the beginning. I even thought about abandoning it! But I stuck it out and about half way through, it became interesting! I actually enjoyed the last half. Happy I stuck with it, but because it started out so slow, I can only give it 3 stars!
Allison
The books in the "Suspicion" series are hard to put down. They're the perfect mix of mystery and romance (set in the Miami area)! They aren't exactly intellectually engaging, but sometimes it's nice to have a break from all the intense non-fiction!
Rhod
Really enjoyed this newfound author. She not only tells a good story, her character development is outstanding. Guess I am going to have to check out some of her other books.
Mallorie
Not the best - poorly edited/translated into a digital copy. Predictable - sexuality seemed odd, not enough build up or thought to bother putting it in...
Carol
I think she writes better than Scottolini with more depth and ambience. Great read, quickly became a movie.
Jody
My newest "favorite" author! Writes about the Miami area so I can identify with the location.
CLM
Introduces Miami lawyer Gail Connor and her sometime romantic interest, lawyer Anthony Quintana.
Annelie Rozeboom
Great read. I read this series backwards, (the second book first) but it didn't matter.
Diana
This was a free book with my Koko Touch. It's not good. I would not recommend it.
Teri Hand
Barbara Parker takes you to the edge of your seat in her Gail Connor series.
JoAnne
definitely a keeper and highly recommend this author and series
Melissa
I found I really enjoy Barbara Parker and her character Gail Conner.
Leslie
Excellent read..........Gail and Anthony together again!
Deb Stevens
An easy read, enjoyable mystery.
Craig
Slow to get started. But good overall
Kitty
Entertaining
Pauline Rogers
Book one of series
Jackie Simons
Read 1/95
  • The Hambledown Dream
  • Microbe
  • Sullivan's Evidence (Carolyn Sullivan, #3)
  • Bloody Waters (Lupe Solano, #1)
  • Peril
  • Wearing the Spider
  • Show No Fear (Nina Reilly, #12)
  • The Puzzle (Samantha Jamison Mystery #1)
  • The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)
  • Love Kills (Craig Burch, #3)
  • Capitol Betrayal: A Novel (Ben Kincaid, #18)
  • Boy in the Water
  • Stealing Time (April Woo, #5)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Paloma: A Laurent & Dove Mystery
Barbara Parker (1946 or 1947–2009) was an American mystery writer. She wrote 12 novels, the first of which, Suspicion of Innocence, was a finalist for the Edgar Allan Poe Award for best first mystery novel by an American author. Parker was on the national board of the Mystery Writers of America and was the chair of its membership committee for two years.
More about Barbara Parker...

Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana (8 books)
  • Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2)
  • Suspicion of Deceit (Gail Connor/Anthony Quintana, #3)
  • Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)
  • Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7)
  • Suspicion of Rage (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #8)
Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4) Suspicion of Guilt (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #2) Suspicion of Malice (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #5) Suspicion of Madness (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #7) Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)