Start by marking “Up Close and Dangerously Sexy” as Want to Read:
Up Close and Dangerously Sexy

Up Close and Dangerously Sexy (Undercover Lovers #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  8 reviews
With one of his top operatives out of commission, undercover agent (and total hotness) Drew Miller will enlist the assistance of interior designer Allie Carpenter--who will pose as her twin sister in order to bring down an arms dealer. Drew is granted clearance to bring Allie in by any means necessary....
Their mission, should they accept it, is complete deception...and ab...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin Blaze (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Up Close and Dangerously Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up Close and Dangerously Sexy

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
When Allie Carpenter gets kidnapped from her identical twin sister's apartment by a stranger who just gave her a tremendous orgasm and forced to take on the role of super secret agent to thwart the plans of a gun runner in love with her sister who was hospitalized by vengeful ninjas, I thought the book might be over the top. Okay, so I knew it was over the top by the end of about the third page. What I didn't realize was that it wasn't supposed to be campy funny until every single person on the...more
Judy
Up Close and Dangerously Sexy by Karen Anders
Undercover Lovers Book One
Allie Carpenter had finally found her niche in life. Interior design. Her family considered her flighty and not one to finish anything. Not like her twin sister or brother. Only her twin has been hiding a secret. Callie, it seems, was living quite a different life and now Allie has been pulled into it.

Agent Drew Miller did his job and nabbed the AWOL agent. Only it seems he nabbed the wrong gal. No wonder he felt a pull towa...more
Lynda
Allie Carpenter was encouraged to cover for her twin sister who was recovering in the hospital after someone tried to kill her. Allie discovered her twin, Callie was an undercover operative about to close an arms deal and this deal would not happen without her…thus Allie was recruited and naïve to the danger she would soon encounter. Even with all the training provided, Allie knew she was out of her element and worried, not just for herself but also for the people she grew to know through the tr...more
Janna
Yep, like I expected, this Blaze novel by Karen Anders is lovely. This is a new author to me and it's a story with secret agents and undercover stuff, which I happen to like, because it gives the characters a nice distraction from their attraction.

An important factor for me liking a book is sympathetic characters. Well, I liked the heroine very much. She's got humor and is sassy, fun and brave. The hero is also lovely and instantly attracted to her. He can't help himself and has to touch and kis...more
Sassafrass
I thought that this was ok. I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't listened to it on audio. The narrator really messed up some pronunciations and that really grates on my nerves. There was a whole section where the female character was ogling the male one, but the narrator kept saying it like "ah-goling" instead of the way it should be pronounced.

The dialogue was like: I shouldn't be ah-goling him, then he says are you "ah-goling" me? Then she says "I don't ah-gole".

Oh it was so horri...more
Caro
I liked this book. It had suspense, humor, and some real-life feel to undercover work. I really liked the feelings expressed by Allie. I think I would be scared out of my mind too. I would read this book again, but more for passing the time and not searching out this book specifically. Everything was written well and really dragged me into the story and was detailed enough for me to feel like I was in it. Especially that training session and the warehouse take-down scene. Good book. :)
Terri Pray
When Allie Carpenter is mistaken for her twin sister by Drew Miller she's drawn into the middle of a secret mission to prevent an arms dealer, the Ghost, from continuing his work. A task she is sorely ill equipped to handle.

Lots of light humor in this one, plot isn't bad, and the secondary characters are nicely written. All in all a decent story.
Megan
There was too much plot and not enough romance. This is a harlequin, obviously reading for the romance. There were sex scenes but no extra romance. Everything was about the spying and less about the relationship. Still, not a horrible book.
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Tabatha
Tabatha marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Denise Devereux
Denise Devereux marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Angala
Angala is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Jan
Jan added it
Jul 26, 2014
J
J marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Brenda Hook
Brenda Hook marked it as to-read
Amanda Lane
Amanda Lane marked it as to-read
KimberlyDawn
KimberlyDawn marked it as to-read
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Award winning, bestselling author Karen Anders is a three time National Readers’ Choice Award finalist, Romantic Times Reviewers Choice finalist and has won the prestigious HOLT Medallion. Two of her novels made the Waldenbooks Bestseller list in 2003. Published since 1997, she currently writes for the Harlequin Romantic Suspense line. Karen’s love of reading is what ultimately led her to writing...more
More about Karen Anders...
The Bare Facts (Harlequin Blaze #22) Dangerous Curves (Harlequin Blaze, #497) Mine to Entice Yours to Seduce Deliciously Dangerous (Harlequin Blaze, #536)