Start by marking “Why Fish Fart and Other Useless (or Gross) Information about the World” as Want to Read:
Why Fish Fart and Other Useless (or Gross) Information about the World

Why Fish Fart and Other Useless (or Gross) Information about the World

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From the author of the "New York Times" bestseller* "Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless (or Gross) Information About Your Body": the be-all and end-all compendium of odd, quirky, and otherwise nauseating information.
H ere is another thoroughly distasteful yet utterly compelling book from the author of the "New York Times" (extended list) bestseller "Why
Published September 3rd 2009 by Tarcher (first published 2009)

Be the first to ask a question about Why Fish Fart and Other Useless (or Gross) Information about the World

Tiffany
Mar 03, 2010 Tiffany marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, awesome-title
lol. Why fish fart. Wait. They fart?
Ris
Three years ago, when my dad was visiting from Texas, he bought this book at the local Borders while my brother and I searched the shelves. Then, when we went out to dinner, he cheerfully selected passages to read at random while my brother's face turned green and I laughed because as annoyed as I was at his choice of public dinner conversation, I'm a daddy's girl who inherited his childish sense of humor.

I picked it up for the first time since then this summer when, a day after having my wisdo
Liza Gilbert
This is definitely a solid collection of snippets about human waste, animal waste, farting, and penises. If my library was short on any of those subjects, this would be the book to fill in the gaps.

It is organized very loosely into categories, but this really comes off as a collection of information that the author found interesting (and didn't find a need to write about well). I did learn some interesting things, but this is not a book that you would recommend to anyone else. Nothing ties the s
Miss GP
Aug 20, 2009 Miss GP rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody!
Recommended to Miss GP by: Publisher
This is such a fun book! I've been enjoying reading a couple of sections before bed, so I can stun and amaze my friends the next day. I'm definitely going to have to pick up Gould's first book, Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body Information About Your Body. Entertaining AND Educational (not to mention GROSS!!!). Can't get much better than that!
Sherry
I bought this for my classroom and thus far it is truly disgusting and gross. It's perfect. My male students are going to eat this up and I'm going to know whether they're really reading because they WILL interact with the text if they are. I'm expecting lots of buzz over this one, so much so that I may add her other books to my shelf.

While this is a compilation of gross minutaie, there are some very interesting sections, such as the one about the stuff that grows on toothbrushes and an overvie
Teena in Toronto
It is indeed an interesting book about useless and gross information, most of which I found interesting.

Don't make the same mistake I did, though, by reading it while I was eating ... the first chapter is about "obscene cuisine". I had to skip to the next chapter, "weird creatures", and go back to the first chapter when I wasn't consuming my lunch.

BTW, it is the herring who farts ... to let the other herring know where he is.
Betty-Anne
A quick and easy read, Why Fish Fart took me no more than a couple hours to finish. I enjoyed every minute of it. Many of the pieces had me laughing out loud.

Always gross, but not quite as useless as the sub-title claims, the book contained some quite interesting and useful information in some of the section, particularly the hygiene practices.

All in all, a fun and enjoyable little book.
Elizabeth
I received this book several years ago from a secret pal gift exchange. This seemed like a good weekend to pick it up. It gave me a plethora of Facebook status updates sharing gross trivia with family and friends. Easy to read, short "articles" so it was easy to put down and pick up later. And it survived a dunk in the bathtub.
Bryan Beaty
This book was everything it was intended to be funny, gross and useless. I loved it. With small kids, knowing these things makes for fun dinner conversation. If you need something fun to read, like science and have a tolerance for gore, this book is for you. Those with weak stomaches should avoid this at all costs.
Shofi Syarifah
terrible~ but, it's still okay:))
An
Horribly fascinating...with really, really disgusting bits in it. It kind of gets boring towards the end, though.
Vona
This book is full of the useless, gross information about the world. It is gross, yet hilarious! Loved it! :D
Dorcas
So much grossness found in history, in nature and in everyday life stuff. Gotta show this to the kids!
Kristin
Interesting book. Some topics I skipped completely and some I read slowly with extreme interest.
Rachel
It was very gross but disgusting at the very same time.
Parksy
I'm a sucker for trivia type books.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Daniel Gould
Daniel Gould marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Melody Lee
Melody Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Esther
Esther added it
Sep 28, 2014
Koalah97
Koalah97 marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Connie Dreifuerst
Connie Dreifuerst marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
  • The Manga Guide to Molecular Biology
  • Biology: Life as We Know It!
  • Prehistoric Life: The Definitive Visual History of Life on Earth
  • Astronomy: Out of This World!
  • Human Body (DK Eyewitness Books)
  • Earth
  • The Mental Floss History of the World: An Irreverent Romp through Civilization's Best Bits
  • Ocean: The World's Last Wilderness Revealed
  • Science: The Definitive Visual Guide
  • World Without  Fish
  • The Stuff of Life: A Graphic Guide to Genetics and DNA
  • Cartoon Guide to Genetics
  • Seductress: Women Who Ravished the World and Their Lost Art of Love
  • mental floss presents Instant Knowledge (Collins Gem)
  • George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt
  • Universe: The Definitive Visual Guide
  • The Spiders of Allah: Travels of an Unbeliever on the Frontline of Holy War
  • Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species: A Graphic Adaptation
Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers and Other Useless or Gross Information About Your Body Why Dogs Eat Poop, and Other Useless or Gross Information About the Animal Kingdom Why Is Yawning Contagious?: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Human Body   And Some Things You'd Rather Not Why You Shouldn't Eat Your Boogers: Gross but True Things You Don't Want to Know About Your Body Why Fish Fart: Gross but True Things You'll Wish You Didn't Know