Start by marking “The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno, #3)

The Storm Witch (Dhulyn and Parno #3)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The new fantasy adventure featuring Dhulyn and Parno.Mercenary Partners Dhulyn Wolfshead and Parno Lionsmane have returned to their Mercenary House to clear themselves of accusations of kidnapping and murder. But before they can resolve these charges, old friends are taken hostage by the Long Ocean Nomads, and they are forced to come to the rescue. And as they set sail, Dh ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Daw Books (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm Witch

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
It took me a while to figure out what was going on, since I haven't read the first books in this series. I got a feel for the story pretty fast, and I enjoyed this book. Dhulyn and Parno are both likable characters, and I love the concept of their Partnering and their Mercenary code and training.

I will have to track down the other books in this series.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.
CJ - let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater
The third in the Dhulyn (pronounced Dillon) and Parno series. I hope this isn't the end because frankly, there are some things from the second book that haven't been cleared up due to the delay that occurred in this book.

I won't go into much with this book because then it would be classified as a spoiler but trust me when I say, if you've read the first two books you will feel gut-wrenched, on-edge, surprised, relieved and a little heart-broken.

Kelley Ceccato
I have read The Sleeping God, The Soldier King, and now The Storm Witch, and I am increasingly baffled: Why isn't this series better known? Why hasn't it caught on?

What do I enjoy reading about more than a woman who kicks butt? A man and a woman who kick butt together -- in the words of TV Tropes, a "Battle Couple." Dhulyn and Parno are the most solid Battle Couple I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Both are intelligent; both are formidable in battle; both have certain magical gifts. W
Joseph
This time Dhulyn & Parno find themselves on the other side of the world (more-or-less literally after a long sea voyage); they're also separated for much of the book, which proves challenging for both them and everyone they're working with.
Bobbi
Aug 28, 2010 Bobbi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ken Kennedy
Violette Malan is rapidly moving up my list into the realm of buying her new books without even checking to see what they're about. Never disappointed.
Cissa
I really love this series. This volume- the third- resolves some issues while opening up more areas of possible exploration- I hope there's a fourth!
Sabrina Fish
Violette Malan is now one of my favorite fantasy authors. Love that each story reveals a little more of their pasts!
Sam
Dhulyn and Parno need to stop being so darn cute and awesome.
Karen Dales
Loved it! One of my favourite Dhulyn and Parno novels so far!
Ms. Karen P. Campbell
Ms. Karen P. Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Vilde
Vilde marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Dani
Dani added it
Jan 18, 2015
Hossein Ghazi
Hossein Ghazi marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Colin
Colin marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Rah
Rah marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Nov 23, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • Cloudbearer's Shadow (Sword in Exile, #1)
  • Duty (Rhynan #1)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • The Aware (The Isles of Glory, #1)
  • The Burning Man (Kingdom of the Serpent, #2)
  • The Gaslight Dogs (Middle Light, #1)
  • Cygnet (Cygnet Duology, #1-2)
  • Child of Saturn (The Green Lion Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Ruse, Vol. 2: The Silent Partner
  • Dearest Traitor (Harlequin Presents)
  • Dun Lady's Jess
  • Wren's Fantasy
  • Karavans (Karavans, #1)
  • Wild Hunt (Evie Scelan, #2)
  • Meridian, Vol. 1: Flying Solo
  • The Slayer and the Sphinx  (The Slayer and the Sphinx, #1)
  • River's Edge
  • Realmshift (The Balance, #1)

Dhulyn and Parno (4 books)
  • The Sleeping God (Dhulyn and Parno, #1)
  • The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2)
  • Path of the Sun (Dhulyn and Parno, #4)
The Sleeping God (Dhulyn and Parno, #1) The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2) The Mirror Prince Path of the Sun (Dhulyn and Parno, #4) Shadowlands