Start by marking “Her Best Friend's Brother” as Want to Read:
Her Best Friend's Brother

Her Best Friend's Brother (Tulanes of Tennessee #3)

They had one night. That's all Shelby Brookes would allow herself to indulge in with Luke Tulane. Yes, he's gorgeous. And yes, he's the greatest guy she knows, but he's her best friend's brother, for crying out loud! She's pretty sure there are rules against sleeping with friends' brothers.
Then Shelby discovers she's pregnant. And Luke's determined to do the right thing--
ebook, Harlequin Special Releases
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published February 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Best Friend's Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Best Friend's Brother

The UHQ Nasanta
I don't like to read books that make me emotional or cry. I don't, and I avoid them if I can. That said, I don't regret reading this. Kay Stockham's books had been average or less for me, each new Tulane book I read getting lower and lower in the rating. This one, I give 3.5 stars - because it made me cry.

Shelby had a lot of baggage, and her troubled family background shaped the way she was and how she handled relationships. I liked it that although she was apparently beautiful (3 time beauty p
Saly
Rating 2.5

This is the third in the Tulane series and about Nick's twin Luke, the intelligent computer programmer.
Months before Luke slept with his sister's best friend Shelby, on whom he had a crush on forever, she was the beauty queen to his nerd but Shelby has been avoiding him, sneaking out and not taking his calls and then she sneaks out of Nick's wedding, sick, he follows her and learns she is pregnant.

I didn't enjoy this book much because the heroine was such a pain, cruel and unreasonabl
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Cait S
Aug 16, 2014 Cait S rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to stop reading these books. They are infuriating and pointless. Why, why, why do I keep reading them? I can't even properly review this story because it was so god damn stupid that I get angry thinking about it.

You sleep with him once and then he guilts you into marrying him and you agree...because he's a nice guy? He just threatened to take your child away unless you marry him and you go oh well gee I guess? Are you serious?

Also. I swear to god this is a direct quote. "The thought of y
M
Jul 07, 2012 M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

booksonboard.com kay stockham writes another good contemporary romance. one should read her books if you are looking for a short story to make you smile. this story continues with luke the twin brother of nick form her previous book. it tells how he dealt with his brothers problems and ultimately overcomes them to fall in love. the heroine deals with her issues mainly that she does not believe in marriage since her parents had married and divorced multiple
Yona
Jul 24, 2012 Yona rated it really liked it
Another book with a lost review ;d ;d

I liked it, it was quick and enjoyable read.
Two people who fought with their desire with one another for years spent one night together and that changes everything. But Shelby don't believe in the happy marriage and love. Her parents married and divorces a couple of times, she didn't have a happy family life. She don't believe in the happy ending. But Luke got her once and he is not going to let her get away.
I liked the end but I would prefer a little diffe
Nightfalltwen
Apr 09, 2009 Nightfalltwen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have always read Harlequins
Shelves: romance
Oh this was hilarously awful. I mean it was a Harlequin so I didn't have high expectations to begin with. Hugely predictable and really, really cliched. I'd forgotten how bad these books are. I have two more out of the stack of strip covers that I took home from work today... I'm guessing they'll be just as LOLarious.
Ella Scott
Finished it now. It's only a short read but if you have nothing else then this book isn't that bad. However I wouldn't go out of my way to read/buy it.

^^^^^^
UPDATE

Only a quater of the way through. So far not good at all comtemplated stopping but hate not finishing books going to try push through the rest of it. Wish me look I'll need it.
Joy
Feb 28, 2011 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Her best friend brother gets her pregnant...she spends most of the book throwing up and pushing him away for reasons that don't seem entirely clear. Probably slightly better than I made it sound, but definitely not awesome.
Puna
DNF. The guy threatens to get custody of the baby & take it to a different state because she said no to his proposal I almost quit. Once his sister told the 'h' that marriage would make it all better I was done.
Cornelia
Dec 09, 2009 Cornelia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback, harlequin
the idea was good but the story was way too short. could have been better.
disapointed
Nichole
Jul 30, 2012 Nichole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was an incredibly good read. Shelby and Luke’s relationship was incredibly heart breaking… This one made me cry… :-(
Robin *loves sexy books*
i didn't like this one as much as the first 2. shelby got on my nerves some, but atleast she came around in the end. on to ethan's book.
Dec 22, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very sad.....you will cry.
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 5
K. Bell
K. Bell rated it did not like it
May 14, 2013
Amna
Amna rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Lissa
Lissa rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2010
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Tanya Temple
Tanya Temple rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Khush_boo
Khush_boo rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2014
Roselyn
Roselyn rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2012
Ash Ash
Ash Ash rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2010
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2014
Abby
Abby rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
A Cyber Launch Party For Kay Stockham 1 4 Mar 16, 2010 07:35AM
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • Single Dad Cowboy (Cooper Creek, #8)
  • Daddy Lessons (Home to Hartley Creek, #2)
  • Family Ever After (Fostered by Love, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Secret Son (The Teagues of Texas, #1)
  • Daddy in the Making (New Friends Street, #2)
  • Branded by the Sheriff (Texas Paternity #2)
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • The Expectant Executive (Dynasties: The Elliotts #11)
  • The Boss's Surprise Son
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Bare Necessities (Harlequin Blaze, #371)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Dark and Dangerous
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • The Gift (Pride Law, #1)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
Kay Lyons Stockham is an award-winning author of 25+ books published by Harlequin Enterprises, Berkley Publishing and Kindred Spirits Publishing. She has also been a Book Buyers Best, HOLT Medallion and RITA Award finalist with a million books in print.

For more information on Kay's work, please visit her website at http://www.kaystockham.com or find her at one of the following:

Kay Lyons Stockham,
More about Kay Stockham...

Tulanes of Tennessee (5 books)
  • Another Man's Baby