Start by marking “All Jacked Up (Rough Riders #8)” as Want to Read:
All Jacked Up  (Rough Riders #8)

All Jacked Up (Rough Riders #8)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  6,751 ratings  ·  299 reviews
Pulling off the ultimate con...if they can keep from pulling off their clothes

Keely McKay knows Jack and Jack Donohue is a certified pain in her Wranglers. The lone girl in the prolific McKay family, Keely needs another man giving her orders like she needs a hole in her boot. What she does need is a restoration specialist so she can open her physical therapy clinic and pro
ebook, Nook, 337 pages
Published November 2009 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd

To ask other readers questions about All Jacked Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Jacked Up

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesAll Jacked Up by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
5th out of 548 books — 573 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Controlling/Sexy/Possessive Men
88th out of 1,621 books — 3,963 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Oct 06, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series; fans of steamy hot, erotic romance.
Excellent in every way--the story, the plot, the characters, the snappy dialogue (loved the nicknames the H/h gave each other--"GQ" and "Buttercup"), the details, the love/hate relationship between the H/h, the smokin' hot love scenes...whew, I loved this book! Next to Cowgirl Up and Ride, this was my favorite LJ story from an overall excellent series.

This is former wild-child Keely McKay's story, the sassy, youngest (at 27) only girl in a family that includes five hunky, wild, protective older
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

I really do enjoy this series for the pure entertainment value of the close, quirky McKay-West family. The stories are often funny, always sexy, but seldom all that emotionally compelling. That, however, is not the case with this installment.

In earlier books, I wasn't such a fan of Keely's, and wasn't all that hyped up about reading her story. Thank heavens I suffer from MR BIOs; Must Read Books In Order syndrome, because I needed to read All Jacked Up so I could continue the series, and I'm so
Dina
"My" GQ man and Jack of all trades:

Photobucket

Interesting tidbit: Jack's b-day is April 4th and Keely's is May 23rd. My aunt Lina's b-day is April 4th and mine is May 23rd. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing, LOL.
MelissaB
Loved it! Jack and Keely were a great couple who liked to fight sometimes and they definitely heated up the sheets in the bedroom. There was a lot of emotion in the book as they work their way from hate to lust then love. There were a lot of funny scenes and lines that made me crack up. The emotional end even made me tear up a bit too. Another amazing story in this great series!

There is no ménage or m/m in this book.
Emma
This is my favourite in the series!
Keely and Jack were on fire, in all ways. They sniped at each other, lots, made me laugh, they were gentle and they were damn hot!
Of course Keely being the sister of the McKay boys, i was looking forward to this one. The sister story always seems to be the best?!?!
Loved it :)
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Favorite book of the series! Five plus stars!

Keely McKay has hated this stuffy businessman since her brother befriended him eons ago......Jack (aka Jack-off) Donahue. She dated his brother years ago and Jack's the reason Justin dumped her. She can't be in the same room as Jack without spewing insults at him..... And the feelings are mutual (aren't they?).

When Keely buys a rundown building to open as her new physical therapy clinic, she finds out it has to be approved by a restoration specialist
Stephanie
I loved this chapter in the colorful McKay family. Even though I was a bit disappointed how "hickish" Keely seemed to be in her own story when in all of the other books she always seemed a bit more refined then the rest of the clan. This was only minor for me, and really didn't take anything away from this fantastic story between Sexy as heck Jack and Keely.

I loved the interaction between these two right up until the end when Jack finally realizes what he has known all along. He has always want
Leah
I don't even know where to start with this one. I absolutely loved it and it's my second favorite Rough Riders book (after Tied Up, Tied Down). I loved the plot, I loved the characters, and I love the way it all turned out.

The relationship between Keely and Jack was an amazing thing to read about. To see them going from hating each other to friends and lovers to being in love was quite an amazing transformation. It was great to see the way they worked together, the way they helped each other and
Wendy
What made this read for me? Choose one of the following answers:

a) Jack
b) Jack
c) Jack

Yes, right answer! Joking aside this was just so good. I love it when a book can make me laugh out load, and this did just that. Love the family connections and bantering. Of course the McKay cowboys are an added extra bonus.

To my friends Karla and Kellie, you said I would love this book and it was special; well you guys were right. Thanks girls, I loved it!
Ridley
The eighth offering in James' popular Rough Riders series, All Jacked Up pits wild child Keely McKay against the buttoned-up Jack Donaghue in an explosive battle of wills. I would argue it's James' strongest offering to date.

Keely, looking to shed her wild child status, bought a derelict historic building she's looking to renovate and turn into a health clinic. Historic preservation rules require a certified restoration specialist to oversee the project, and Jack's the man for the job. Despite a
Booklover1335
All Jacked Up continues my love affair with the Lorelei James’s McKay family. What can I say I am a cowboy romance hero convert thanks to her Rough Rider series. This review is going to be rather short, but sweet because I LOVED absolutely everything about this story.

I loved Jack. I love his drive for success despite his ill conceived intentions. He is like so many Americans who live to work and the concept of “more” is never enough. Yet despite this flaw, and even though he’s a little bit Dom,
Jane Stewart
The purpose is erotic sex. 4 stars for that. And the story is pretty good.

STORY BRIEF:
Keely grew up on a ranch in Wyoming. She wears cowboy clothes, spends time with her horse, drives a pick-up truck, drinks beer, and is in a dart throwing league. She is a physical therapist who recently bought a building. She wants to rehab it and open a medical center. Because it’s a historic landmark, she is required to hire an architect specializing in restoration. Jack is the only one available in the area.
Lynsey
I loved this! My very first Lorelei James. I've been dodging this series for a while because I was worried that it would be a disappointment. From other reviews it was a given that there would be amazing sex scenes and I was concerned it wouldn't deliver the love story that I need, but I have to say that I seriously underestimated Lorelei James.

This writer is so funny. Keely was just amazing. She is full of fire and sassy attitude. Being a quiet and more in the background type of person myself,
Penny Watson
All Jacked Up by Lorelei James

The Rough Rider Series by Lorelei James is one of my favorite erotica guilty pleasures. A bunch of alliteration-inspired cowboys (Cord, Colby, Cash, Kade, Colt, Cameron, and on and on....) have all sorts of kinky, naughty, wild adventures on the ranch, in the barn, on the dining room table, against a wall. You get the idea. James has tapped into a winning idea with this series....a tight-knit family and all of their friends (so you get tons of awesome secondary char
Karla

5 Big Jacked Up Stars!! Just when I think this series can’t get any better…well slap me upside the head…along comes Keely and Jack’s book, to prove me wrong.

This is by far the most entertaining book, with witty, snappy dialogue and the ‘family’ making appearances left and right. Voicing their opinions on the engagement, even if though the betrothed couple doesn’t want hear it, especially Jack. The ‘Cowboy Mafia’, aka Keely’s brothers and dad, let Jack know that one wrong step…and they’ll take c
Wminbc
Mmmm...I loved Keely and Jack together! I am on a RR role!!! Moved over Ginger and Kane's book and right to Brandt and Jessie...aaahhhh...loving them, even though not one kiss yet!

Yee Haw...I found my Jack! And he is wearing those leather pants (chaps were the actual request) that Keely wanted!

description
Kathleen
LOVED IT! I thought Jake was just too sexy and he was not even a cowboy lol.
Bring on Kane, I'm waiting.
Kristin
I’ve been reading Lorelei James’ Rough Riders series for about a month now. I pretty much fell hard with book one, and haven’t gotten back up. All Jacked Up is the eighth book in the series, which will see its tenth book, Cowgirls Don’t Cry, in November 2010.

The series revolves around two ranching families in modern-day Wyoming, the McKay’s and the West’s. Keely McKay is the prodigal daughter of the McKay clan, who we watch grow from a fresh from college wild-child in the earlier books, to a gro
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
LOVED IT!! Jack is not a McKay but that didn't matter at all! I loved loved loved these two together! The witty comebacks, the pure hatred sparayed from their mouths towards each other, then the whole friends to lovers thing.. they were just amazing.. Even when they knew they loved each other but wouldn't admit it.. I literally laughed, cried, gasped and blushed ALOT during this book.
All the big brothers in this are beautiful! loved the classic line.. "If you hurt her, I'll gut you." Even from
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Oct 16, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Auntee
This is not the best offering in the series, but I wanted to read it because I wanted to know what happens to the characters. That is the good and the bad of a continuing series.

Keely and Jack need to communicate better, and to be a little more introspective. If they better understood their own motivations, the book would have lasted six pages.

For those who follow the series, all of our favorite wives are expecting again.
Angela
No question...best one yet! My absolute series FAVORITE! I love Jack & Keely! I loved everything about this one! I love their banter, their smokin hot chemistry, their love... No question...my favorite! I'm always a fan of the McKay men but Jack sure can hold his own in my book! Mmmmm-mmmmm!
Erica
I have read a lot of books about getting engaged or married for reasons other than love and other than Outlander, this has got to be one of my favorites. Keely and Jack are PERFECT for each other. I LOVED this story. And...he he he....my predictions on how the rest of the McKay/West clan would handle the McKay wild child being "tamed", as her mom put it were not even as close or funny to the real thing. Take a look:

Cameron McKay: "If you cause her a moment's pain, I will gut you. Understand?"

Cor
Danielle
I loved this book to pieces and to be honest I couldn't wait to read it.

"Pulling off the ultimate con…if they can keep from pulling off their clothes.

Keely McKay knows Jack—and Jack Donohue is a certified pain in her Wranglers. The lone girl in the prolific McKay family, Keely needs another man giving her orders like she needs a hole in her boot. What she does need is a restoration specialist so she can open her physical therapy clinic—and prove she’s left her wild-child days behind. That means
 ~V~
This one was my absolute favorite in the Rough Rider series!! I've been intrigued and sort of "crushing" on Jack Donohue since we first met him in the 2nd Rough Rider book, Rode Hard, Put Up Wet. He was Carter McKay's "big city" best friend and when he told Carter that he would never fall for a cowgirl i thought...ooohhh..he is SO gonna fall in love w/ a cowgirl! I was so excited to see that it was Keely, the baby and only girl in the McKay clan!! These two had had a "hate" relationship for year ...more
♡♥Ang ♥♡
I really love this series!!
I loved this book, but i didnt love it as much as some of the others..
Keely and Jack were good for each other, I laughed alot threw this one..
It had some real good moments with all the family, i loved those parts!!
Can't wait to read the next one!!

Re read!! Loved it!!
Susanne
This was by far the best in the RR series to date. A smoking hot hero, an amazing heroine, a fake engagement and scorching hot chemistry - I mean what is not to love? This was HOT but it was much more focused on them as a couple and very much like a contemporary romance. Big blazing five stars!
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Oh. My. Jack and Keely are meant for each other. This is the quintessential perfect romance. Feisty heroine handsome hero who know what he wants and not afraid to take it. Steamy, spicy, loving, inviting,... the best. I loved this book.
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
I absolutly loved Keely and Jack. Their story was a long time coming.

Great story line, fantastic sex scenes, amazing romance, 5+STARS.
D.G.
I love enemies to lovers romances so I enjoyed this book in many respects. The chemistry between Keely and Jack was super hot and I liked how they had to let go their misconceptions and learn to enjoy the things they supposedly hated about the other.

It doesn’t get a higher rating because of 2 things:
1. I cannot believe that a woman like Keely McKay would run away from a few spiteful byotches. Her excuse doesn't make any sense because there are plenty of ways she could have defended herself witho
SheLove2Read
Aug 09, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of enemies to lovers stories
Shelves: 2011
I know some people did not like Keely West McKay but I loved her. Tough yet tenderhearted. There's nothing better than a true enemies-to-lovers story and this one is really good. Smokin' hot love scenes, smokin' hot fight scenes, incredibly touching and emotional. I loved Keely's brothers going cave man on Jack!

• UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • Promises Linger (Promises, #1)
  • Riding Temptation (Wild Riders, #2)
  • Eastern Ambitions (Compass Brothers, #3)
  • Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
  • Breaking Leather (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • Patton's Way (Cattleman's Club, #1)
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...
Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) Rough, Raw, and Ready (Rough Riders, #5) Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) Chasin' Eight (Rough Riders #11)

“Jack: "For Christ's sake, it wasn't like I was on vacation. I've been in Iowa, in cornfield hell!

Keely: Did you just say you got cornholed in Iowa?”
107 likes
“You actually fucked her? What, did her forked tongue feel exceptionally good on your dick or something?" —Keely to Jack after meeting his ex-girlfriend.” 81 likes