Start by marking “Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You” as Want to Read:
Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You

Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Popular psychic medium Rebecca Rosen's fresh and hip prescriptive program empowers readers to heighten their intuition, connect with deceased loved ones, and surpass the psychological roadblocks holding them back.

In Spirited, readers learn how to dig into their past to identify the root of the "damage" that's keeping them from living their best lives. Medium-to-the-stars R
Published February 2nd 2010 by Harper (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spirited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirited

Susan
I read this book because I do believe in spirits, angels, saints...God. I know I am not alone. I know I can do better. I care about being a good mother, a good grandmother, good relative and friend. This book allowed me to take inventory of what I do well and what I need to improve on.
No surprises...but what is very interesting to me is the exercises for meditation. This is hard for me but the most rewarding. Quieting my mind is no easy task. This book guides you to take a serious look at the pl
Dave Zebian
Between the lines, you can feel the warmth and wisdom that Rebecca transmits in this excellent work that speaks of soul to soul.
Death does not change anyone, you only change of address, and consciousness is transferred to other plan beyond physicality.
You are a cosmic traveler; your body is temporary, but its essence is eternal...
It seems that we are passengers in eternity, but the truth is different: we are eternal within the temporary.
The experiences go, but the learnings remain...
You will e
Susie Nee
Fascinating book about how to connect with the spirit world written by a local psychic. Though her story in itself is fascinating, Rosen's goal is to help readers hone their psychic powers: she includes meditation exercises (a primary way of connecting with spirit energy) as well as other techniques.
Brittany Titus Benson
Rebecca Rosen is the real deal. Her gift has helped me move on after the loss of my father. I am grateful for her knowledge and encouragement. For a first book, I was absolutely blown away- definitely a must read.
Maria
Nov 09, 2012 Maria rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People interested in new age stuff
I appreciated the author’s strategic, practical approach to incorporating psychic ability into her daily routine. As with any muscle we want to strengthen in our lives, psychic ability is something that needs to be exercised daily.

The author had many crisis issues to deal with, and it seemed that when she wasn’t able to figure out how to heal, she turned toward tuning inward. She received guidance from sources that offered her comfort, yet were not the type of sources readily available without
Aclosson
I don't even know why I bought this. Basically, I saw this woman on Dr. Phil and thought she was kinda amusing. The book was awkward and seemed to consist of three distinct narratives smooshed together.

The first narrative was her story. This was actually entertaining and if the book had only had this narrative, I might have given it three stars. She talks about her life, and about how she first started connecting with spirits through the ghost of her grandmother. The family stories were rich and
Kdevoli
This woman is a candid, likeable "medium" who is in pretty much contstant touch with those who have "passed over". The most striking thing about the book is the contrast to the other book i am currently reading, "Someone will be With You Shortly." Boy, these 2 women could not be any more different. Rosen tries very hard to be zen, and she really does have to work at it, but ultimately she leads a contemplative and balanced life with a very loving husband. It's funny when I then pick up "Someone ...more
Anonymous
Mar 17, 2014 Anonymous marked it as to-read
Read up to page 36, returned to library. Maybe pick up again sometime later??
Emily
So good. She explained certain questions to spiritual questions I didn't even know I had - and I read a lot of spiritual material. For example, no one else has ever explained that usually we don't receive any wisdom or guidance while were meditating; rather, we meditate to receive this guidance later. It's like that quote, "do something your future self will thank you for." I read it in the time surrounding my grandpas death, and it served as reassuring validation that death is not the end. Than ...more
Mary
I love this subject matter so it was all very interesting to me, especially how it turned out to be a paranormal self-help book. I also enjoyed how she incorporated Meditation practice and exercises into the mix.
Kate Kobbermann
Easy to understand...for subjects at times bit complex(W/personal author exp.&client testimonials)giving reader tips,tools,exercises for tapping into innate intuition, path & enlightenment. To strengthen your inner self & spiritual life... you not only heal yourself... but seem equip&open to sensing the needs of others&how to help.***Rebecca's life exp.s are liken to the now popular "New Jersey Medium". (On TLC's: Teresa Caputo).
Creative Nicole
This book is well worth the read. It contains a lot of wonderful thought provoking exercises to help you heal and change your life. It took me quite a while to finish the book. There is just so much to digest.

The best part of the book to me were all the different meditations. It gave me some interesting ways to connect with Spirit. I will take all that I have learned from this book to keep going forward.
Joanne
I went to see Rebecca Rosen at a local bookstore. She is a psychic medium and I thought it might be interesting. I bought her book, which she describes as a book to get you in touch with your own psychic abilities. I find it more of a self-help book and I love it! She gives good advice for quieting the mind to allow spirits in but also helps you devise steps to work on whatever it is you need to work on.
Susan P
I saw Rosen when she appeared recently in Denver. She is a psychic, and I was amazed at her abilities during the 2.5 hours she read the audience. This book is her attempt to teach the rest of us how to become more open to visits from the spirit world. Even if you're not a believer, there are lot of good tips about meditating and thinking positively. A quick read.
Bonnie
I think for those who have lost someone close to them, this may well bring some sense of connection. The author attempts to provide beginner steps into achieving great spiritual awareness in reaching those who have crossed over. As with other books I've read, this was extremely interesting for those with an open mind.
Kjohnson
I loved this book and I bought a copy for a friend who is going through a difficult time and may find it inspiring. I am fascinated with the way Rebecca communicates with "Spirit" and it's hard not to believe what she has learned and shared in this book with all of the testimonials that are included.
JoAnn Jordan
This is an absolutely awesome book. It leads one to connect with intuition and spirit. It has exercises and meditations to help move one forward into a relationship with higher self.

I highly recommend this book. I read it as a library book and plan to buy a copy because it is so wonderful.
Bobbie Grob
I enjoyed this book a great deal. It's not for everyone, but I like the idea that spirits are around us at all times, waiting to help. I did the exercises in this book (and plan to continue doing them) and I am a lot happier these days. I even sent my mom a copy of this book.
Lori
Loved this book! This is one of my favorite reads on spirituality. Not only does Rebecca Rosen write about her abilities and her story, she provides written and meditative exercises for the reader. I highly recommend this book.
Cecilia
Rebecca is awesome. She is inspiring, comforting, insightful, and perfectly in line with my spiritual beliefs. I consider her a mentor and hear her advice in my mind often. Glad she listened and wrote this book!
Marilyn
I loved this book. Summed up everything spiritual in a very humorous, casual style while giving tips on how to find your true "voyance." A must read for those who are open to the afterlife and seeking more.
Dina
Great book for getting connected to the spirit world and understanding what is happening around us. The book answered my questions that came up as I was reading. Very insightful!
Cindy
If you are interested in accessing your intuition this is a fantastic book. Rosen gives you various meditations and exercises you can do to increase your abilities.
Samantha
Aug 31, 2010 Samantha is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So, far Im a couple chapters in and have learned a lot of information. I really do like reading this book, as things I never knew, I do now.
Tonya
Heard it all before. I felt like this was more of a goodbye to her father and a advertisement for the author.
Heather
I didn't do any of the work, but it was an interesting read. I hate her ideas on when and how people die, though.
Libby King
Good common sense ideas! Could be most helpful to someone who needs help sorting themselves out.
Louanne Caspar
A good starting point for developing a spirituality practice.
Arlana Daniel gillespie
probably 3 1/2 stars.
Interesting read.. if you're open to it.
Linda
Who would think a book about being psychic would be boring?
  • Discover Your Psychic Type: Developing and Using Your Natural Intuition
  • Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life
  • Assertiveness for Earth Angels: How to Be Loving Instead of "Too Nice"
  • Your Heart's Desire: Instructions for Creating the Life You Really Want
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
  • Second Sight
  • The Secret of the Soul: Using Out-of-Body Experiences to Understand Our True Nature
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Inspired & Unstoppable: Wildly Succeeding in Your Life's Work!
  • The Book of Chakra Healing
  • How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides
  • Spirit Allies: Meet Your Team from the Other Side
1977669
REBECCA ROSEN, the author of the national bestseller Spirited, is a spiritual medium and has served as a bridge between the living and those who have crossed over to the other side for the last ten years.

Known for her ability to provide accurate, quantitative, and detailed information, Rebecca’s graceful and healing delivery to those she reads is a testament to her accessible style and unique appr
More about Rebecca Rosen...
Awaken the Spirit Within: 10 Steps to Ignite Your Life and Fulfill Your Divine Purpose Spirited: Unlock Your Psychic Self and Change Your Life Vault Guide to Top Internships Vault Guide to the Top Engineering Diversity Programs 2008 Edition (Vault Career Library) Drawn & Quarterly Showcase: Book Four

“Many of us have pain, regrets, and disappointments buried so far deep down inside ourselves, we have no idea they’re there or how they’re manifesting in our everyday lives.” 0 likes