Start by marking “Abraham Lincoln: His Essential Wisdom” as Want to Read:
Abraham Lincoln: His Essential Wisdom

Abraham Lincoln: His Essential Wisdom

Abraham Lincoln is consistently ranked as the greatest American by academics, historians, and ordinary Americans alike. Scholars agree that a rare combination of steadfast character, political genius, and enormous capacity for growth enabled him to effectively lead the nation through the most tumultuous time in its history.

Abraham Lincoln: His Essential Wisdom gathers hun
Published August 11th 2007 by Fall River Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Abraham Lincoln, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abraham Lincoln

Roseann
Jun 17, 2014 Roseann rated it it was amazing
one of the best Wisdom books I have ever read. Made me cry, made me happy, made me sad, made me think of what is to come and what was past. The last chapter was of his obituary.. It made me sad and made me cry and I was amazed to see quotes from Pete Seeger, Martin Luther King Jr., and Leo Tolstoy and other world leaders of that time. It was amazing to read and I believe everyone should read this. If you are open minded, and independent to yourself and can respect others no matter what your beli ...more
Jett Ptacek
Feb 27, 2011 Jett Ptacek rated it it was ok
If you are looking so see what Lincoln's views actually were, then this book is for you. This book is all about what Abe wrote and spoke about. What I don't like about this book is all the quotes in it. The quotes I thought were too messily put together. The book goes in order of his life, starting with him talking about his childhood. The only reason I would recommend this book is if you were doing a report on him or really wanted to know his views on things. I probably should not have read it ...more
David Kent
Dec 31, 2013 David Kent rated it really liked it
Basically a collection of quotes taken from Lincoln's speeches, writings, comments recorded by others as "recollections," and then a section at the back of praises after his death. The quotes are arranged in several subsections such as "Early Years," "Freedom, Equality and Slavery," "Politics," "Friends and Family," etc. Overall, a good collection of quotes and short speeches.
Monk
Dec 15, 2009 Monk rated it it was ok
I'm sure that I'm the only person who bought this, so reviewing it is pointless. Messy, slapdash collection of quotations. Lincoln's abiding legacy appears to be to allow publishers to make at least some money without any real effort.
Ross Cohen
Could this be reviewed? It's a collection of Lincoln's words, who was as close to a secular saint as our country has produced.
Charles
Nov 13, 2012 Charles rated it really liked it
Shelves: history
Feeling generous. Just saw the movie
Adam
Adam is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2016
Ethan
Ethan rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Duane
Duane marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Weston
Weston rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Isabel
Isabel rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Whitney Garrett
Whitney Garrett rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Spencer Dolloff
Spencer Dolloff marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Troy
Troy rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Ari Chernoff
Ari Chernoff rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Brantley Griffin
Brantley Griffin rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Samantha Stock
Samantha Stock marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Jacob Willis
Jacob Willis rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Adam Schulz
Adam Schulz rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Jeremy Dalebout
Jeremy Dalebout marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
John Williams
John Williams marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Joshua
Joshua marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Don
Don rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014