Start by marking “Cooking Light Way to Cook: The Complete Visual Guide to Everyday Cooking” as Want to Read:
Cooking Light Way to Cook: The Complete Visual Guide to Everyday Cooking

Cooking Light Way to Cook: The Complete Visual Guide to Everyday Cooking

The Cooking Light Way to Cook celebrates the philosophy that all foods have a place in a healthful diet. The keys are moderation and balance, and this highly visual book shows you how to prepare those foods and enjoy them judiciously. It's filled with over 850 photos that show you how to prepare the more than 200 recipes that appear in these pages, as well as hundreds of c ...more
Published October 20th 2009 by Oxmoor House (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Light Way to Cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Light Way to Cook

Jamie
Jan 10, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking-recipes
I've never considered cookbooks "good reading" but I am devouring this (ugh, no pun intended, I promise) page by page. Though I can throw together a basic meal, I am still very much a novice in the kitchen, and I love the clear cut and unpretentious instructions I've found here. The opening pages detail the must-know about each food group (types of cheese and what to use them for, which foods can be successfully frozen and for how long, how to stock your pantry if you are a ...more
Angela
Mar 03, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Saw this at Target, flipped through the pages, and knew I had to get it. This isn't so much a recipe book (though there are recipes throughout), but it's a book about HOW to cook - it teaches you in great detail the way to broil meats, or how to make the perfect poached egg. This book also tells you the differences between similar ingredients and why they're needed. For example, the differences between buttermilk/milk/soymilk, etc.

This book is a must have on any cook's shelf!
Alisa
Feb 04, 2010 Alisa rated it really liked it
There are a lot of things about foods in general that I did not know before. I am just a few pages into this book and am excited to what else I will find out. There are few recipes in this book, but just more for general knowledge about foods and of what ingredient choices are better for cooking certain meals.
Angie
Jan 01, 2012 Angie rated it it was amazing
Great book for the beginning chef. It includes basic tips and recipes to make the best dishes possible. I also appreciate the definitions of things like measurements and different cuts of meat. A go-to cookbook for doing the basics well!
Stephanie
Apr 06, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking-books
The recipes look good, the photos are great, but really, I don't feel like learning how to cook anything new. The cool thing about Cooking Light recipes is it tells you the nutritional information (calories, fat, etc.) with the recipe.
Liz De Coster
Mar 01, 2011 Liz De Coster rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies, food
Fantastically helpful and visually rich (lots of photos), but a little light on the recipes. I'd really recommend this for somebody pretty new to cooking, since the recipes are all relatively straightforward.
Dona
This might be a good cookbook for someone new to cooking. However, the different fonts and arrangement of pictures made the book feel cluttered which was very distracting.
Kate
May 28, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing
so thorough! love the breakfast recipes and the sections detailing foods like honey and capers. I learned a lot about food I cook all the time.
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2011
Salina
Salina rated it it was ok
Feb 12, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Shannonkime
Shannonkime rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Mary Jane
Mary Jane rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
veronica m. swannigan
veronica m. swannigan rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Paige Umstead
Paige Umstead rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Riki
Riki rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2013
Tlkpris
Tlkpris rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Liz Hart
Liz Hart rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2015
Kristina
Kristina rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Kim Telford delaney
Kim Telford delaney rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Jana Marie Holtz
Jana Marie Holtz rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Patty
Patty rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Cooking Light is an American food and lifestyle magazine founded in 1987. Each month, the magazine includes approximately 100 original recipes as well as editorial content covering food trends, fitness tips, and other culinary and health-related news.
More about Cooking Light Magazine...