Start by marking “When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)” as Want to Read:
When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)

When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish #2)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  311 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Rebecca Morris is suffering from an excess of magic!

Things that have disappeared: her boyfriend; her life savings; three-and-a-half million dollars from the theater company that pays both their salaries. (Coincidence? Um, no.) Also, the groundbreaking play she's been slaving over has vanished in a puff of copyright-colored smoke.

Other, weirder things that have appeared: a
Published March 23rd 2010 by Mira (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about When Good Wishes Go Bad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Good Wishes Go Bad

Rjlouise
Mar 25, 2014 Rjlouise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in a series. I read and reviewed the first book about a month and a half ago and was pleased to see many of the issues that I had noted in the first book were either entirely gone or reasonably present in this novel.

This novel isn't nearly so cliché as the first. And the main character, Becca, has a dazzlingly healthy self-image. Her lack of self-confidence is a completely and totally reasonable response to the situation she was in, thanks to a police investigation probin
Peace Love and Reviews
Rebecca Morrison woke up one morning with a note from her boyfriend of 3 years Dean Thompson.

B- GOTTA RUN, Don't wait up. She always get this kind of note from him. He works late and especially at that time since tax month is coming up. Who would have thought that a simple note have a lot of meanings?

She tossed and turn all night waiting for him until early morning came rolling by. She decided an early start would be best. She found the lights inside Dean's office only he wasn't there. Maybe he
Karen
Oct 22, 2010 Karen rated it it was ok
I really wanted to love this book but I just found it difficult to relate to anyone or to the setting.
It has everything going for it in the premise. Becca’s boyfriend of several years leaves a note: “Gotta run – don’t wait up” and then is never seen again. It turns out he is accused of embezzling millions of dollars from the theatre that they both work for. Enter a gender bending genie granting four wishes and a sexy playwright neighbor with a quirky mom and you should have a great story. Someho
Alice
Jul 01, 2012 Alice rated it really liked it
Mlle Alice, pouvez-vous nous raconter votre rencontre avec Coup de Folie sur Manhattan?

"Une fois de plus, c'est grâce à Babelio que je fais de nouvelles découvertes."

Dites-nous en un peu plus sur son histoire...

"Becca se réveille un jour dans sa vie tout à fait normale quand tout va commencer à dégringoler! Son petit ami est parti avec l'argent du théâtre où ils travaillent, ainsi que ses économies, la pièce qu'elle avait programmé ne pourra pas être jouée... Quand l'une de ses collègues la vo
Zee Monodee
There's something about this book that doesn't quite hit the mark. Reading the blurb, I went into this read looking for something funny, quirky magic, something a little like 'Charmed' maybe. I'm sad to say this was lacking in the book.

The read flows. Ms. Klasky writes well - there's nothing wrong with flow or prose. It's just that the book doesn't 'grab'. For me what did it in was Teel. The genie struck me as too over-the-top to be believable. You might say she/he (Teel shifts genders too) is e
Anna
Mar 05, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Things are going pretty well for Becca. She has a good job at the theatre, the new play they're about to put on has created a lot of buzz, and her three-year relationship is as strong as it ever was. In one morning, though, everything falls apart. Her boyfriend (who also worked at the theatre) seems to have disappeared overnight, along with 3.5 million in money from the theatre and all the money Becca's ever managed to save in her bank account. The police are doing an investigation, which means ...more
Wendy
Jun 15, 2010 Wendy rated it really liked it
This is my fifth Mindy Klasky book, and I think it may be my favourite thus far. Or at least it's a tossup between this one and the last of the Jane Madison series.

I love the theatrical setting. I love that I learned a ton about what non-acting theatrical people - especially dramaturgs - do. How many other fictional heroines have been dramaturgs? Anyone? Anyone. Bueller? No, I didn't think so. Full points for originality.

The characters really drive this story, and it unfolds in a way that feel
Eva
Jun 02, 2010 Eva rated it liked it
This is another entertaining book by Mindy Klasky. When we left Kira, in How Not to Make a Wish, she was on her way to NY with the man of her dreams and a lamp she needed to pass on to another wisher.

Enter Becca, a young woman with a future. She has her dream job, her dream man, and her dream apartment. She and Kira are co-workers at a trendy theater. When the dream man goes missing along with over 3 million dollars of the theater company's money and everything in Becca's checking account, Kira
Christine
Jan 17, 2016 Christine rated it liked it
2nd novel about a genie who grants 4 wishes but also causes trouble inveigling him/herself into the wisher's life
Lexi Vick
Jun 22, 2014 Lexi Vick rated it liked it
Second in the series, under the title Wishing in the Wings. Found this on the digital library and read it in a day.
Yolanda
Mar 07, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Even though I didn't read book one of this series, I dint think I will. This book stupid on it's own and was a hot to read. I will read book three to see how that progresses...
Parajunkee
Apr 18, 2010 Parajunkee rated it did not like it
I really enjoyed Klasky's Jane Madsen series, that's why I was so disappointed with this one. In the Jane series there are quirky characters, a very empathetic main character and hot manness popping up here and there. What can you not love about it? This Wish Series, not so much. The main character well was just flat, the genie who was supposed to be the quirky one...just odd, the love interest, just not so hot...and the plot was uninteresting. I heard the first Wish book was not so great, and t ...more
Liam Smith
Jun 10, 2015 Liam Smith rated it liked it
Nice little twist near the end there caught me off guard. Really is what granted this novel three stars instead of two.
Db2567
Jul 13, 2014 Db2567 rated it really liked it
Much better than the first book.
Jeannie Lopez
Jun 18, 2014 Jeannie Lopez rated it it was amazing
funny and brave and awesome
Chrystal
Jan 17, 2012 Chrystal rated it really liked it
This was a much better book. I definitely think the protagonist this time was a true-to-life person. Sure, she made some mistakes, but they were all in earnestness. Very quick read, and actually makes me eager to read the next book in the series. Also, I LOVED the tie-in to the first book - very subtle, but a nice connection. If you were like me and read the first but weren't sure to continue in the series, take a chance. It'll be worth it.
Deborah Blake
Apr 04, 2010 Deborah Blake rated it it was amazing
Everything Mindy Klasky writes is funny, smart and entertaining, and this book is no exception. The second in a series that involves a genter-changing genie and various live theater settings, this is a truly original addition to the paranormal romance genre.
Mel
Jul 27, 2011 Mel added it
A wonderfully delightful and entertaining book. The plot wasn't as complicated as How Not to Make a Wish. However, the genii was not as annoying in this book as in the last, so that's a big plus. Over all a quick read that I'd recommend to friends.
Janna
Feb 05, 2011 Janna rated it it was ok
This was an easy read. A bit silly, but I WAS looking for something light to read. It fulfilled that requirement, but by the end I was not impressed. The middle to end of the book was too predictable and a bit ridiculous.
Angie
Jun 03, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Entertaining book. Enlightens readers about the world of theater. Second book in trilogy. Like the authors style of writing. Good characters. Will read the third book and recommend to others that like this genre.
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
This was more like it. I felt like the characters were better develoed and the plot more involved with the story.This was closer to what I was expecting. I am looking forward to the next book.
Heather Laskos
Aug 12, 2013 Heather Laskos rated it really liked it
Quick enjoyable summer read on what one woman does with 4 wishes from a genie and what happens when she encounters a man who also has a genie.
Aymee
Jul 21, 2010 Aymee rated it it was amazing
You absolutely cannot go wrong with Mindy Klasky! Leave it to her to take a genie in a bottle and turn it on it's ear! Lots of fun to read.
Pamela Beckford
Nov 24, 2012 Pamela Beckford rated it it was ok

Pretty stupid book. Not sure why I kept reading, other than the fact that I needed something lighthearted to read
Marian
May 12, 2010 Marian rated it liked it
Shelves: readit, 2010
If I only cared half as much as I suspect I was supposed to care about the theater and what was going on there...
Jodi
Jul 25, 2011 Jodi added it
What would wish for if you had a genie? This enjoyable book makes you think "what if?"
LInda L
Mar 05, 2016 LInda L rated it it was ok
Pretty silly -- if you love genies, etc, this is for you. If not, not.
Karin Crimmins
Jul 26, 2012 Karin Crimmins rated it really liked it

Fun, quick easy read! Loved it and still wish genies were real!!! :-)
Kim
Oct 18, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
Second of a cute series with a plot twist I didn't see coming.
Lucie Bowers
Aug 06, 2011 Lucie Bowers rated it it was ok
Not as good as her 2nd book "to wish or not to wish".
  • The Grim Reaper's Dance (Grim Reaper Mystery, #2)
  • Out of Time
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Mercy Kill (Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2)
  • Lighting the Flames
  • Candle in the Storm (Shadowed Path, #2)
  • Wild Hunt (Evie Scelan, #2)
  • Hex Education
  • The Wish List (Time of Transition, #1)
  • Stalking the Vampire
  • Ghosts & Echoes (Shadows Inquiries #2)
  • Pack of Lies (Paranormal Scene Investigations #2)
  • Korgi, Book 3: A Hollow Beginning
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3)
  • Honeymoon of the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #5)
  • Mummy Dearest (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #31)
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category
More about Mindy Klasky...

As You Wish (3 books)
  • How Not To Make a Wish (As You Wish, #1)
  • To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)