Start by marking “Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)

Unleashing the Storm (ACRO #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,250 ratings  ·  152 reviews
BONUS: This edition contains an excerpt from Sydney Croft's Taken by Fire.

Feel the heat. Hear the roar.
The fever has begun...

There’s a storm rising. Electricity crackles in the air. For Kira Donovan, it’s that time of year again: when the need floods her flesh, when almost any man—the bigger and the stronger the better—will do. For Kira, an animal psychic, the heat is a m
Published February 26th 2008 by Dell (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Unleashing the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unleashing the Storm

Auntee
Nov 08, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic paranormal romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Daisiemae
Boy did I love this one. I'm really enjoying this ACRO (Agency for Rare Covert Operatives) series by Sydney Croft-- this one was so good it even brought tears to my eyes.

Kira Donovan's an animal whisperer, or animal psychic. She can talk to and communicate with animals in a way that no human can. In fact, she communicates better with animals than she does with humans. It's a special gift, but one that comes with a host of complications. The chief complication is the mating heat she has to endure
Julie (jjmachshev)
Holy cow, I liked "Unleashing the Storm", the second book of the ACRO/Storm series by Sydney Croft even better than the first! See my review of "Riding the Storm" (book one, Mar09 review) for the back story, but if you like action, wounded heroes, paranormal woo woo, and smoking sex...you really need to try this series.

Kira's had an affinity with animals since the day she was born. But once she hit sexual maturity, her affinity took a rather startling turn. She goes into heat, just like her anim
Kathrynn
This was the second book in the ACRO series and it continued the two secondary stories that began in "Riding the Storm" (ACRO, #1), but had a new main story that had a lot of potential. Ender (Tom Knight) was first introduced as a minor character at the end of "Riding the Storm" and was a real BAD ASS, unliked by most. Throughout most of this book, I didn't like him, either!

The very end was his only likable moment and it was not enough for me. Kira, was a nice girl, but wow! She had a problem.
Shawna
5+ stars – Paranormal Romance/Erotica

WOW! As much as I liked the first book Riding the Storm, the second book in the ACRO series, Unleashing the Storm, is even better…I LOVED it! The “erotica meets X-Men” series centers around ACRO (Agency for Rare Covert Operatives) heroes/heroines with paranormal abilities/powers battling it out with bad guys (and having lots of hot sex in the process).

Julie, Auntee, and Daisiemae all have great reviews on this, so check them out.

Unleashing the Storm has an i
Daisiemae
May 06, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All my friends here that loves a great erotic, paranormal read...isn't that just about everyone???
Recommended to Daisiemae by: queuemyreview.com

Have you ever started a book mid-afternoon, then looked up and it be well past your bedtime that night? That is exactly what happened to me while reading Unleashing the Storm by Sydney Croft. It was so easy to get intrigued by the storyline and caught up in the world of ACRO, I literally lost track of time! It is filled with clever characters, lots of hot sex and an interesting plotline that kept me obsessed with finishing it in one setting. Believe me, any loss of sleep or neglect of housework
Wendy
Wow, this book was better than the first installment. Loving this ACRO series!
Alisha
Rating: 3.5...i ono, tis a toughie :o)

Once again, Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler have made a fine piece of paranormal romantica.

As with the first book, this installment follows numerous plot threads/ character perspectives. I happen to like the shifts between situations. The potential drawback, however, is that all elements may not be equally enjoyable.

I found this to be the case for a chunk of the "main" storyline featuring Tom "Ender" Knight and Kira Donovan. For some reason I couldn't get i
❧Gwen❤❦
I'm the odd one out on this one...cuz...

I didn't really like Kira....or Tom...

And...

Annika & Creed , still have to much drama going on.

But...

I Loved Devlin and (view spoiler) they have such a sweet chemistry.

Ok why didn't I like Kira or Tom?

Well...Kira and Tommy's , yes, she used that name, and it didn't work for me from the get go, but, the real killer was that their whole relationship was frustrating, Kira is like a damsel in distress , not my fav, their love felt force
Karen ~ Divhine
The second book in the ARCO series was as good as the first. Ender was a very likable hero and Kira seemed to be a great partner for him.
Cindi
This was a quick read, an in-one-day read; it was also a sexy, HOT read! I enjoyed that the author(s) started off with a bang and just kept bangin' after. The characters were likable and pretty well developed, but there were some secondary ones discussed that were introduced in ACRO #1 who just jumped in; the original backstory of ACRO needed a bit of page-time as well. Not quite a stand-alone.

The premise of this book (A woman who can talk to animals and lives at an animal sanctuary has an annua
Leigh
i liked this book, but not nearly as much as Remy and Haley's book. i can't quite put my finger on it, but i think that there was so much push and pull away going on between Ender and Kira, that i'm not convinced it will stay an HEA at the end of the day.

a part of me really like Ender. yea, he was an a$$, a lot, but that's just his make up, that's who he is. but one second he was so cold and distant to Kira, and then all of a sudden, he was like, "yeah, let's try our hand at a relationship," onl
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
On a general note, I like the concept of this series: ACRO, an Agency where people with super-human abilities are gathered to work for the good of the world as opposed to its evil counterpart, ITOR.

This series is very heavy on the sex - bordering on boring - because really, after a while your reading feels as sore as the protagonists of the book. It's entertaining though. I didn't really care for the main couple but I didn't dislike them either. I think there were aspects of Kira's ability that
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This is a solid 3.5 Stars

Let me start by saying that I still do love this series, however this book didn't have the same effect on me as the first one.

I couldn't really get into the story between Ender (Tommy!) and Kira. I liked Ender in the first book, I just wasn't that into the "I'm in heat and need sex every four hours" storyline. It took away from their story. Was it just her being in heat and putting out pheromones that got them together?

Kira seemed a bit needy for all her independent talk
Carolyn F.
I've read a few of the reviews for this book and was afraid I wouldn't like it but I thought this was almost as good as the first. That being said, I never thought I'd feel so sorry for the guy getting to have sex all the time especially in a book where the author is trying to make the sex hot. Kira is some kind of animal whisperer that goes into heat one a year and MUST have sex every 4 hours for about six weeks or she'll die. Usually she lines up a few guys to help her out but this time all sh ...more
Lenore
This was such a great read. Better than the first one on many levels.

For starters, I liked the hero better. Ender is huge and sexy and runs like the wind... Not a nice guy but bad guys we love!
Kira was kinda "meh" for me, though. To be honest, I found her a bit irritating.

Then there were the sex scenes. Scorching hot. The things you can do with a pair of handcuffs.

The subplots were so captivating, at times I found myself more interested in Dev and Oz or Creed and Annika than in the main charact
Camilla

So in this book we meet the Animal couple, when Ender (Or just Tom) finds his bitch.. (Hmm.. Ok, that would have been funnier if Kira, his mate, was a female dog and not a cat, but whatever, I cant have it all;)

Once again the main couple in the book did absolutly nothing for me, while I couldnt get enough of the side stories.. 2nd book in a row.. What is up with that?

Can I just pleeeease have a book with Dev & Oz and/or Creed and The Swede?

I really want to give this book 2 stars, cause the
Zeek
The heroine in this story is an unapologetic sexually aggressive woman. She knows her nature and she's okay with it. I like that.

The paranormal bits to this story- of one covert group of ambiguous good guys (ARCO) attempting to get one over the unambiguous bad guys (Itor Corp) in a race to see who can (or more accurately deserves) to control the weather- makes this story even better.

This edition is about ACRO bringing in yet another operative to harness her paranormal gift... before Itor does.
LiteraryLover
I thought this book was definitely better than the first of the series, not that the first was bad or anything. I think you just felt more connected to the main couple better in this. I do warn people though that there is a male/male relationship in this series if that isn't your cup of tea. My only complaint is I like the couple Annika and Creed a lot, and felt like I wanted a bit more of them. Otherwise, I thought the book was great.
Jenese (Readers Confession)
4.5 rating! I loved this book like the first, but Ender "Tom" got on my nerves a little bit towards the end. This series is following along really well and I love the world that they have created. I also love the intertwined stories with Creed and Annika and Dev and Oz. I need Annika to wisen up and be with Creed already. Grr!
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
I like this series, but I am not in love with it. Yes, the stories are hot and I really enjoy the characters and the plot--but what I have an issue with is the same as with most PNR books...they fall madly in love way too quickly. I know it is a series about people with super human strength/powers, so, we are not really dealing with a story line based in our reality, but the falling in love time line is one element I would like to alter because it changes the feel of the book for me.

I thought E
valee
OMG! I loved it. I couldn't put it down once I got to the good part. This one was so much better than the first installment in the series. I'm not giving the whole 5 stars-rating only because the beginning was a bit lame (Only sex and nothing really going on).

Unleashing the Storm has a much interesting plot, better characters, and exciting action, so be prepared for a great ride with this one. Tom “Ender” Knight and Kira’s relationship is so many things at the same time, you can't help
Tiffany
Book 2 in the ACRO series follows Kira, a woman who can speak to and understand animals, and Ender, the agent with extreme speed and heightened sense ability. He's the tough guy on a mission to recruit her and even though she's going through her yearly heat and needs sex from him once they meet, neither of them expect the intense connection that forms between them. Theirs is a lovely story of finding your mate under the most unlikely of circumstances. We also get more development between star-cr ...more
Hbeebti
Better than the first. Kira kinda bothered me at first. But then I kinda felt sorry for her, I mean that must be rough. Loved Ender. He was so rough around the edges and didn't really change all that much by the end of the book .Although I so wanted to smack him after.... well if you read it you know what I mean.
Loved the ending! Yep I am a sap. Creed and Annika are killing me. I mean come on! What did he choose? Then can I just say I'm happy that Oz is back! Although I don't know about his new
Celine
Another great book in the ACRO series!

it took a bit of getting used to 'Tommy' cause to us readers he was Ender, big male and powerful...and then he gets reduced to Tommy? hm :)

These books seem to hit it off with mega-hot sex, all over the pages and then they settle down and you get the story... there was more effort put into it and I'm glad for that! the ACRO history is developping, we get the meet the 'real bad guy' and hurray for Dev and Oz! I felt a bit rushed in the first 60 pages but afte
Ann has a dirty mouth
This book was great! Really sexy and great characters. The whole mating heat thing was kind of strange, but I got into it by the end of the book. However, it was a helluva lot like this one...

Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione

Larissa- please stop canibalizing your ideas! You are better than that girlfriend! Anyways, this one was a lot of fun but I think I will be taking a break from the series for now.
Beccca May
After reading (and absolutely loving) the first book in this series, I was skeptical that this follow- up could compare. After finishing this book, I can honestly say it was even better. This book was so good that if it were possible to give higher than a 5 star rating, I would have done so in this case. In book 1 I became captivated with the concept behind this series, which centers around a top secret agency made up of humans with rare supernatural abilities and merges that with highly erotic ...more
Christa
Tom Knight aka Ender-brooding, mean, tough, ruggedly handsome, a nonsense assassin who has never cared about a woman until he met Kira Donovan. Of course. And did I forget to mention that he has a better than average sized manhood? Because well, that was stated several times in this book to give us readers the pleasure we look for in these types of novels. I guess.

Why do I read these novels, you may ask? Well, because I like the sub-plots better than the actual plot. Ender is sent to retrieve Ki
Kirsty~Vhixen
OMG i'm getting more excited for each book now. i loved this one. wanted more Dev and Oz though. so excited to see how their story plays out.

can't wait for Kira to have her litter....realy want to see what Ender is like with his children.

Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm probably not being fair to this one. I started reading it when I got sick and it was hard for me to get into. I've started next book Seduced By The Storm and like it alot more. Go figure?!
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 28, 2011 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal erotic fans
Grade: A (4.5 stars)...Loved Ender aka "Tommy" and Kira. I laughed, cried, and my toes curled.
  • Hot Nights, Dark Desires (Includes: ACRO, #2.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance (ACRO, #1.5)
  • Beloved Vampire (Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Skin Game (Skin, #1)
  • Midnight Sins (Midnight, #2)
  • Lyon (The Lords of Satyr, #3)
  • Bad Girl by Night (H.O.T. Cops, #1)
  • Wicked Hot
  • A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Bond of Darkness (Texas Vampires, #3)
Sydney Croft is the alter-ego of two published authors who came together to blend their very different writing interests into adventurous tales of erotic paranormal fiction. Together, they developed a world where people with extraordinary abilities, like the power to control storms, could live and work with others like them. The series has been described as "Erotica meets the X-Men," and is unique ...more
More about Sydney Croft...
Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1) Seduced by the Storm (ACRO, #3) Taming the Fire (ACRO, #4) Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5) Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6)

“So you want someone else, then?" he asked.

"Yes. Anyone but you." She jerked her bound hands. "And that kills you, doesn't it?"

"Keep talking like that, Kira, and I swear I'll take you over my knee."

~Tommy aka "Ender”
6 likes
“You need me," he said. "And I'm all yours."

~Tommy aka "Ender”