A Twist In Time (Da Vinci Time Travel, #3)

A Twist In Time (Da Vinci Time Travel #3)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  24 reviews
An expert in Leonardo DaVinci’s works, Lucy Rossano recognizes the centuries-old time machine the moment she sees it in a Stanford lab. Fascinated in spite of the danger, she uses her knowledge to briefly go back in time—landing in the middle of a fierce battle in ninth-century Britain. And when she returns to modern-day San Francisco, she brings something back with her: a...more
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about A Twist In Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Twist In Time

Ericka Scott
I wanted to give this book a higher rating, I really, really did. I recently met Ms. Squires and she was an exceptional speaker and a wonderful advocate for romance writers. I liked the story premise and the characters in A Twist in Time were realistic, flawed, and people I could really root for. My problem was a couple of plot points that simply stretched believable to my breaking point. That being said, I will pick up and read the next book in the series as I enjoyed the time-travel and histor...more
QiJia (Hiding out in Bookalicious) 치쟈
I have high expectations for this book after reading the summary. Furthermore the story started interestingly enough.

However it started to drag after 60 pages which is not a good sign.
I practically just skimmed through the book.

Lucy and Galen are great characters along with other side characters but the whole story is just so damn slow. And there's just too many loopholes and unbelievably far fetched at times.

A 2.5 star at most.
Marisella
Well thought out and researched, love the historical bits about garb and language comparisons. The book itself was just boring; characters uninteresting, plot formulaic. I could not even finish the books.
Kathy
Suspend your disbelief at the door and if you can do that you will enjoy the love story between Galen and Lucy. I can only give "A Twist in Time" 3.5 stars because it has everything, including the kitchen sink. It has Leonardo Davinci's book and a time machine. It has a Viking warrior, magic, time travel, ecology and the changing roles of women. But, we also have two flawed indiviuals from different worlds trying to come to terms with their current circumstances and each other and that is the pa...more
Ellen
Okay I'm a little annoyed. I made sure to read the entire companion series as the last two books of that are the first two books of the Da Vinci Time Travel series - turns out Galen is the son of Epona and Valgar from Danelaw a previous book of Squires. I've got and would have read it first if I'd known.

Galen and his character development is similar to Geirolf of The Last Viking by Sandra Hill. The villains are very two dimensional and so if you like complex villains you'll be disappointed.

Lucy...more
Lynn Calvin
I had high hopes for this one but while it wasn't bad I didn't find it very compelling either. The characters were well done but the plot seemed to drag. The first 80 or so pages had promise but then the story seemed to hit a lull. I realize they are in hiding and Galen, the hero, was healing but it seemed to last too long. Lucy's friend Brad goes from good friend and possible love interest to utter nutcase way to fast for my liking. Honestly, I doubt I'd read the next one as it took me quite a...more
Jackie Uhrmacher
Galen himself was the best part of A Twist in Time by Susan Squires. Unlike many alpha-type heroes, he never treated Lucy as less than himself. He degraded his own character for having to rely on her, but never Lucy. His reaction to the modern world and everything it entailed granted a well-needed sense of comic relief and it melted me instantly.

Full review available here: http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=25777#mor...
Chris
I found the level of detail and explanation in the beginning a little distracting, but soon found myself sucked in and anxious to see how Galen and Lucy's relationship developed. I loved the character of Galen, learning more about him and seeing him adapt to the present. The end of the story was an unexpected surprise with the epilogue wrapping up the story leaving me looking forward to more.
Hildie McQueen
I liked the story, it kept me interested. So what happens when you get a Viking from a battlefield in the 900s and bring him back to modern time? I thought Ms Squires did a great job with his reactions and actions. The story and relationship was done well and believable. Great story.
Juliette
I stand by my original review for this book. I loved the character Galen. I thought the story was well constructed, but I thought it became a bit too complacent at the end. Overall nicely done, and I would recommend. Look forward to reading more from Ms. Squires.
BonSue Brandvik
A quick, enjoyable read. A few too many "oh, no, I shouldn't give into temptation" scenes between the two primary characters, when it was so obvious that they were going to do just that. Still, a good time-travel storyline with a satisfying ending.
Michelle Brown
This is not Susan Squire's best book but I enjoyed reading this one as I enjoyed all of her books that I have read. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
SheLove2Read
The plot seemed to d...r...a...g.... and the hero talked like he was a caveman. Too many books, too little time to read something that makes me roll my eyes. DNF.
The Romantic Scientist
Liked it up until the end. My full review is here: http://scienceofromance.blogspot.com/...
Shagufta
Overall, a very descriptive book. As usual, the time travel concept is heavily present throughout the book.
Sawah
Tamara
Easy read but not as strong as the first DaVinci time travel novel or the Campanion series.
Jane
Reminded me of an old school time travel and I hadn't read a good time travel in a long time.
Jean
Although I liked it, there were some way too steamy sex scenes it could have done without!
Vivian
Dec 21, 2013 Vivian marked it as did-not-finish
This story was not for me.
Kelsey
Painful. One star for "The Twist."
Ann Unger
Loved it! Hot!
Nidia Contreras
Nidia Contreras marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Tammie Cox
Tammie Cox marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
JJ
JJ marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kalyn
Kalyn is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2014
  • Flirting with Forever
  • The Seeker (Time Raiders #1)
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Highlander's Curse (Daughters of the Glen, #8)
  • The Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
  • The Avenger (Time Raiders #3)
  • Seduced by Grace (The Three Graces, #3)
  • A Love Through Time (MacKendimen, #1)
  • Thirteen Chances
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
  • Parallel Desire (Midnight Warriors, #4)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Haunting Warrior (Mists of Ireland, #2)
  • Daring Time
Susan Squires is a NYT bestselling author known for breaking the rules of romance. Whatever her time period or subject, some element of the paranormal creeps in. She has won multiple contests for published novels and reviewer's choice awards. Publisher's Weekly named Body Electric one of the ten most influential mass market books and One with the Shadows a Best Book. Time for Eternity received a s...more
More about Susan Squires...
The Companion (Companion, #1) The Burning (Companion, #3) The Hunger (Companion, #2) One With the Night (Companion, #4) Sacrament (Companion, #xx)