Start by marking “Sight Unseen” as Want to Read:
Sight Unseen

Sight Unseen

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Maggie Shayne calls Samantha Graves an "astonishing new talent". SIGHT UNSEEN is a paranormal tale of a heist gone bad, a stolen painting, and a sizzling attraction between two people forced together in a madman's scheme. Can an art thief earn an honest living? Raven Callahan does, with the help of a rare psychic power that lets her read the emotions locked inside ancient ...more
Published December 21st 2008 by Forever (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sight Unseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sight Unseen

Jane Stewart
2.5 stars. Characters and conversations were ordinary, nothing special. It’s mostly about solving a mystery.

STORY BRIEF:
Raven has a psychic power that lets her read emotions inside ancient objects. She works for Antiques Preservation Institute. Her primary job is to locate and retrieve stolen art objects from thieves. Her father was a thief, and she inherited that talent from him. Raven’s boss sends her and Walter to an art auction to purchase a painting. Someone overbids them and buys the paint
Susan Schnelbach
Average story/plot, average writing.

The main female character has an interesting psychic gift but has spent her life not trusting anyone and hiding under various identities. Her rapid change from a life-long habit of hiding from everyone to someone ready and willing to spend her life with her lover just seems a little too unrealistic.

The next book in the series is about her more innocent sister, but I haven't decided if I'm willing to give that one a try. I'm not sure I'm even going to keep this
RJ McGill
The chemistry between Raven and Dax is palpable ~ From the moment he forces her into a closet at the auction, to the swirling intensity of their first kiss, the reader is swept up into the story, like a leaf in a tornado! The author develops each as an individual, while continuing to bring them together, moving toward a confrontation with a killer and explosive intimacy. Both of which will leave the reader breathless and wanting more!
Leslie
Samantha Graves can write really good stories. This time around she writes romantic suspense with a little bit of paranormal, in the form of the heroine's psychometry, added in for flavor. I enjoyed the book and will read the sequel, but I must admit that I like her futuristic romances (under the pseudonym of C.J. Barry) more.
Verna
One hell of a good read. The romance between two vastly different characters is both unexpected yet compelling and the sharp witty dialogue had me drawn from the start. And not forgetting the suspense, mystery and murder. Just shows that an art thief CAN hit it off with a cop!
Dorothy
A very intense mystery which I became engrossed in and couldn't stop reading. Stealing, killing, mystery. Loved it. First time I have read this author's writing but not the last.
A very satisfying romantic suspense novel with a bit of the paranormal thrown in. Compelling read that had me hooked from the beginning. A great book to read on a lazy summer day.
Sandy
This was a very good story with a feel of mystery, people-on-the-go theme :) I liked the song that came with it on her website. I still have it :) 5/5 stars.
Angela Wade
Guess I wasn't as into the Indiana Jones aspect as I expected I would be. Fine writing, but just never felt a deep attachment to the characters.
Desiree
Very good book. Well written and interesting characters. I enjoyed it. Wasn't JUST a romance. Looking forward to her second book.
Glenda Bettin
wow love her books, looking forward to the next one, Jillian and Simon's story. a MUST read !
Melissa
This was well written. I enjoyed it enough that I'll read other books of hers.
Katie
This was pretty rad. Raven is amazing and Dax is a good guy.
Tisha
Pretty good, I'd read more along this line.
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 02, 2015
Isabell
Isabell marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Caro
Caro added it
May 31, 2015
Linda Humphrey
Linda Humphrey marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Per the author's website, this person also writes under the pen name "C.J. Barry."

Go to: http://www.cjbarry.com/

Click on Romantic Suspense and it takes you to "Samantha Graves."

More about Samantha Graves...
Out of Time A license to steal Story Garden 6