Start by marking “Divine by Choice (Partholon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Divine by Choice (Partholon, #2)

Divine by Choice (Partholon #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  6,300 ratings  ·  264 reviews
Shannon Parker has finally come to terms with life in the mythical world of Partholon. She loves her centaur husband, her connection to the goddess Epona and the pampering that comes with both! She's almost forgotten her old life on Earth--especially when she discovers she's pregnant....Then a sudden burst of power sends her back to Oklahoma. Without magic, Shannon can't r ...more
Published October 27th 2009 by Luna Books (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Divine by Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine by Choice

Char
For my full review please visit my blog: From the Shadows I review

Now for the first time in my blog's history I must star with an apology. My opinion on this books is very low and in order to get my main point across there will be a spoiler.

So I'm going to start with my main point and I have to say I feel very strongly about this. Rhiannon's downfall is sickening, I mean this I felt physically sick as I read about Rhiannon as a teenage girl being raped by a man wearing a dead horse's head. I'm
Tina
I was drawn to this series because I adore Partholon. Unfortunately, this book takes place mostly back in Oklahoma. I found those scenes boring and tended to skim through most of that section.

*SPOILER BELOW*

I'm having a hard time understanding and accepting Shannon's reasoning for sleeping with Clint. She was only parted from Clanfinton for what 3 or 4 days? Seems her and Rhiannon have more in common than she would care to admit.

Would I recommend? If you don't mind the setting in Oklahoma, try i
Liliana Pinto
Depois de ter lido o livro "Divina por engano" fiquei um pouco com o pé atrás devido à personagem principal.
Quis ler este livro para conseguir perceber se havia (na minha opinião) melhorias relativamente a Shannon e não é que houve?

Seis meses depois do término do livro "Divina por engano", Shannon Parker descobre que está grávida. Mas também descobre que Nuada não está tão morto como aparenta. Depois de ser sugada de volta para Oklahoma, Shannon tem de tomar a maior decisão da sua vida: ficar o
Suzi
Merve Aslankılıç
Kitabın sonunda salya sümük ağladım desem yeridir. Uzun zamandır ilk defa bir kitap beni bu denli duygulandırdı. Ne diyebilirim ki, harika bir kitaptı. İlk kitaptan daha akıcı gitti bu. Belki de konuya adapte olduğum için bana öyle geldi, bilmiyorum. Tek şey var; sanırım bu benim favori serim olacak.
Jen
What I learnt? Nothing. Just that PC Cast while funny in turn, is also ridiculously disney slapped.
Moni_qe
Never has a fantasy world enthralled me as much as this one! (or at least not since i was a teen lol) When I read the first book I would wake up in the morning and my mind would immediately start wondering about Rhea and ClanFintan. I enjoyed it so so much! So when I finished it I was totally content with the ending. I then went to swop it with book 2 on my bookshelf. Did not intend to start reading it until at least the next day until...I READ THE BACK of the book which I hate doing when readin ...more
Darcy
This book picks up with Shannon/Rhea a few months after the last one. She has fully settled into her new world and her new role as the Beloved. With ClanFintan gone for a month cleaning up the mess from the war Rhea is on her own, with some new worries. The very night that ClanFintan comes home she makes a startling discovery that will bring great changes to her and the world around her.

While on a ride with her horse, Epi, Rhea discovers trees that seem very much like those back home in OK. Whil
Mel
Shannan/GirlsInTheStacks.com
P.C. Cast has become one of my favorite authors lately. I love the Partholon adult novels that she is writing and truly feel the characters are real and believable. Unfortunately, Divine by Choice didn’t knock my socks off. No matter how much I wanted it to do so.

Shannon is pulled back to Oklahoma through a divide in the trees. She quickly learns that all is not right in Oklahoma where her family and friends have been betrayed by Shannon’s look-alike Rhiannon. Something evil has been called and
She Known As Jess BlogSpot
I was incredibly keen to read this sequel after reading Divine by Mistake. I absolutely loved the tale that was woven within its pages but this sequel fell way below what I had expected, in fact I was thoroughly disappointed after reading it.

I just felt that this book repeated alot of what happened in Divine by mistake, I didn't expect that I would pay for exactly what I got in the other book. I felt the only reason there was another novel in the series was because the first one was so amazing.
Nicola
I am caught between giving this either three or four stars. It was good but it was not amazing. I do love the writing style in these books- it's really simple and flows really well. It makes the books a pleasure to read. However, I didn't like the fact that I was over one hundred pages into the book before the events from the description began happening. I felt like I was spending too long waiting for the actual story to begin. Once back in her own world, I felt Shannon made a lot of questionabl ...more
Lori Whitwam
The second in the Shannon/Rhiannon series by P.C. Cast. Picture ancient Scotland and mythological Greece, and you'll have a good idea of where Oklahoma schoolteacher Shannon Parker finds herself when a nasty divine entity switches places with her. Luckily, it turns out that was the Goddess's (who Rhiannon represented in their world) really wanted, as Shannon is the true "Beloved of Epona."

Review: Still very good, a fascinating world/situation, though I wish this one happened more in the fantasy
Annlu
After the Formorian War Shannon doesnt feel good. She is sick and sees strange shadows everywhere. And just now ClanFintan is not with her. Also the Goddess has not spoken to her in a while. Then she starts to see her mirror image Rhiannon in our world.
After ClanFintan comes back from his duties the story is not as melancholic as before. And finding out why she feels so sick brings them good news. But then something happens. Rhiannon is not happy with her role in our world anymore and tries to
Joana
Opinião completa em: http://leituranaoocupaespaco.blogspot...

" Opinião:

"Divina por Escolha" é o segundo livro da série Divina de PC Cast, vindo no seguimento de "Divina por Engano", cuja opinião podem consultar AQUI (carregar no link).

No primeiro livros vemos a adaptação de Shannon a Partholon, deixando o Oklahoma para trás, tornando-se na feliz encarnação da Deusa Eponina, assim como a fiel e encantada esposa do Sumo-Xamã Centauro, ClanFintan.

Neste segundo livro, Shannon descobre que está grávi
Kate
Again, the premise was good and it was the execution was what let it down slightly for me. I think the main problem is that most of this author's work is YA and so the writing and often the personalities of the characters fall into this category whilst the cover states not suitable for younger readers which shows the intention of writing an adult book. As such it sits awkwardly in the middle, were it not for the age of the characters I would label this as New Adult. If a decade was taken off the ...more
Athena
No no no no no. I can't say it enough. This book was terrible. It actuay encourages adultery and even rape. Seriously, rape is ok if a goddess is making you do it?? Oh, and if you know your girlfriend is going to leave you to go back to her husband, its ok to kill yourself?? Wow, I', just not sure if I'll be reading anything else by this author. I was thoroughly disgusted!
Hilda
This sequel to "Goddess By Mistake" was just as wonderful as the first book for me :) I really like this author and have already stocked my TBR shelf with a bunch of books by her.

I think she is becoming one of my favorite authors right next to Sandra Brown, Audrey Niffenger, Alice Sebold, Stephenie Meyer, and Nora Roberts :)
Shellie
Same love-hate relationship. This book is a little darker than the first. You get to learn more about Rhiannon which was pretty interesting. List of things you have to get past to read this book:
-"Shannon my girl". Clint does NOT need to say this every time he says her name. SO irritating!
-One person dies, and Shannon quickly gets over it. Another person dies, and she can't get over it. Let's have some consistency here.
-Animal deaths.
-Some disturbing perversion.
-Inaccurate timeline (view spoiler
Cassie
I am so drawn to all PC cast writes especially her mystical fantasy ya and adult books( especially adult series since I'm def. Not a ya reader age) however her writing is so well done that I fall in love w all her characters... ZOEY ad stark are undeniably sparked my reading desires. And now I'm waiting for the final HOUSE of Night book, I'm deeply involved with the GODDESS OF PARTHOLON novels. Especially LADY RHEA( Shannon Parker) and CLANFINTAN.... Their story is beyond remarkable....I finishe ...more
Amy
I'll tell you this, its worse than the first one. I mean its utter nonsense. I mean, what kind of goddess asks someone to sleep with another guy when she is pregnant with someone else's baby????
Jessica
Loving this series... for once I agree with the actions of the main character and I can read along and simply enjoy the ride :)
Dragana
Hannah
So sad, I really wasn't sure how it was going to end. Love is a tragic thing. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book.

Tahnee
LOVED this book, was a great insight and history of Rhiannon!! Into Divine by Blood already, what a great series!
Sheina
I really liked this book. It kept my interest throughout and I am excited to read the next one.
Lacy
P.C. Cast has outdone herself with this one. I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
Vanessa Montês
Ainda me lembro de que quando li o primeiro livro desta saga ia meio a medo, muito por culpa da grande negatividade nas críticas que tinha lido, negatividade essa que se devia à personagem principal, Shannon. Tudo devido à infantilidade da personagem que já tinha mais que 30 anos e que tinha atitudes de 20 anos. Mas apesar dessas atitudes, ao distraír-me da idade da personagem principal, consegui divertir-se com a leitura, com as atitudes irónicas da personagem e fiquei com imensa curiosidade pa ...more
Humairaa
this book frustrated me! I loved the first book and when I read the second book's blurb. I was reluctant cuz I didn't want her to start a "relationship" with another man... even though that man looks exactly like her husband! but I thought.. whatever i'll read it. I wanted to cry.. why? cuz I was so disappointed! you love and miss your husband but you sleep with another guy? I don't care that the guy looks exactly like the man you are suppose to be married to. He is just NOT your husband! and sh ...more
Jessica
The Ultimate ABC ...: Divine by Choice - P.C. Cast 1 5 Mar 14, 2012 05:08PM
So Many Books, So...: What do you think of Rihannon?? 1 6 Nov 20, 2011 08:13PM
  • In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach, #1-2)
  • Shadows of Destiny
  • Changeling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #2)
  • The Wizard's Ward (Umbria, #1)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • Queene of Light (Lightworld/Darkworld, #1)
  • Silver's Edge (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Lycan Unleashed (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #3)
  • Sea Glass (Glass, #2)
  • The Misted Cliffs (Lost Continent, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
P.C. Cast was born in the Midwestern United States, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. With her tour in the USAF completed, she taught high school for 15 years before retirin ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Partholon (6 books)
  • Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1)
  • Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)
  • Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4)
  • Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5)
  • Darkness Divine
Marked (House of Night #1) Betrayed: a House of Night Novel (House of Night, #2) Untamed: A House of Night Novel (House of Night #4) Chosen: A House of Night Novel (House of Night #3) Hunted: A House of Night Novel (House of Night, #5)

“Your dad would stake me out to freeze if I let you fall and hurt yourself." He offered me his arm, which I latched onto gratefully.
"He wouldn't stake you out," I panted as we forced our way through the hard top layer of snow that was almost thigh deep. "He'd just shoot you."
"Well that's a comfort.”
20 likes
“Oh, God, Shannon. You're blowing my mind." Clint's morning voice was rich with passion.
I wanted to correct him and explain that it wasn't his mind I was blowing, but my mother had taught me it was impolite to speak when one's mouth was full...”
12 likes