The Apology

The Apology

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Martha Day, a recent widow, faces her past and doesn't like what she discovers. Determined to reconnect with her children, Martha devises a plan to have them spend the holidays with her. Filled with honesty and love, "The Apology" is a refreshing book about relationships, identity, and most of all, forgiveness.
Published September 8th 2010 by Cedar Fort (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Apology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apology

Teri
The Apology by Janet & Michael Weaver
This debut Christmas novel that started as a 12 year old dream for Janet, was well worth the wait. Martha Day is a recent widow who has had regrets that her grown children haven't been as close as she'd like, so she set out to write a letter, inviting each of her three children for Thanksgiving.
Her son Bill has been having struggles, Charlotte is just too busy to stay in contact with her mother and Nellie has a secret she is afraid to share.
Martha is putt...more
Janet H.  Weaver
Hey, friends out there. My son and I wrote this book which was published by Cedar Fort. We had a lot of fun writing it. We would greatly appreciate it if you would read the book and help us get it into circulation. It's marketed as a Christmas book and we had quite a bit of success with the marketing last year, but hope for more this year. Many of our readers told us that they had purchased it as a neighborhood, visiting teacher or home teacher gift. The 2nd edition which has just come off the p...more
Beth Pearson
A good Christmas story with several different characters with issues that need resolving. Everything moves pretty quick and they get their "AH-Ha" pretty easy, but it is only like 60 pages so you do have to move things along I guess. Nice Christmas read.

Update: December 2013--
Re-read this book because I had already started when I realized I had read it before. I think my initial review is still pretty accurate. The fact that I had read it JUST LAST YEAR and didn't even remember that until I was...more
Dorry Lou
I was not crazy about this book. Too many with problems with her 3 children. I do agree with Beth that is was a small & nice book to read at Christmas!
Patty
This was a good idea, but it really needed to be developed more. It really didn't share much about the characters.
Ada
The thought behind this book is nice, but it wraps up a little too quickly and unbelievably for me.
Mariana
Quick read that seemed a bit far fetched, but had a good ending.
Jaime
It was a good story with a lesson we all need to learn.
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2013
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Tamsen
Tamsen marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Candace Smith
Candace Smith marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012