Start by marking “The Apology” as Want to Read:
The Apology

The Apology

Martha Day, a recent widow, faces her past and doesn't like what she discovers. Determined to reconnect with her children, Martha devises a plan to have them spend the holidays with her. Filled with honesty and love, "The Apology" is a refreshing book about relationships, identity, and most of all, forgiveness.
Published September 8th 2010 by Cedar Fort (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Apology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apology

Teri
The Apology by Janet & Michael Weaver
This debut Christmas novel that started as a 12 year old dream for Janet, was well worth the wait. Martha Day is a recent widow who has had regrets that her grown children haven't been as close as she'd like, so she set out to write a letter, inviting each of her three children for Thanksgiving.
Her son Bill has been having struggles, Charlotte is just too busy to stay in contact with her mother and Nellie has a secret she is afraid to share.
Martha is putt
Janet H.  Weaver
Hey, friends out there. My son and I wrote this book which was published by Cedar Fort. We had a lot of fun writing it. We would greatly appreciate it if you would read the book and help us get it into circulation. It's marketed as a Christmas book and we had quite a bit of success with the marketing last year, but hope for more this year. Many of our readers told us that they had purchased it as a neighborhood, visiting teacher or home teacher gift. The 2nd edition which has just come off the p ...more
Beth Pearson
Dec 25, 2012 Beth Pearson rated it liked it
A good Christmas story with several different characters with issues that need resolving. Everything moves pretty quick and they get their "AH-Ha" pretty easy, but it is only like 60 pages so you do have to move things along I guess. Nice Christmas read.

Update: December 2013--
Re-read this book because I had already started when I realized I had read it before. I think my initial review is still pretty accurate. The fact that I had read it JUST LAST YEAR and didn't even remember that until I was
Solomon
Oct 25, 2015 Solomon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good, quick read. I'm usually not a fan of Christmas books, but I enjoyed this one. I like the value it places on families. These days families seem to be very distant and hope to not let this happen to my family future and present. It's very poetic which can me good or bad just depends on your liking. It's a nice feel good storie worth the read.
Ada
Jan 02, 2013 Ada rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The thought behind this book is nice, but it wraps up a little too quickly and unbelievably for me.
Mariana
Dec 26, 2012 Mariana rated it it was ok
Quick read that seemed a bit far fetched, but had a good ending.
Patty
Dec 28, 2010 Patty rated it it was ok
This was a good idea, but it really needed to be developed more. It really didn't share much about the characters.
Dorry Lou
Jan 04, 2013 Dorry Lou rated it it was ok
I was not crazy about this book. Too many with problems with her 3 children. I do agree with Beth that is was a small & nice book to read at Christmas!
MICHAEL
MICHAEL rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2017
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2012
Jaime
Jan 23, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it
It was a good story with a lesson we all need to learn.
Jennie
Jennie rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2010
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2013
Katina
Katina rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2012
Fay Stradley
Fay Stradley rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Jennie
Jennie rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2011
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Natalie
Dec 12, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
A wonderful Christmas story!! I loved it!!
Solomon
Solomon rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2015
Jenifer Bunker
Jenifer Bunker rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2009
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2011
Marissa
Marissa rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Tom Ricks
Tom Ricks rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2010
Rex Christensen
Rex Christensen rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Allison Farnsworth
Allison Farnsworth rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015