Start by marking “Rabbit Ears Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories: How The Rhinoceros Got His Skin,How The Camel Got His Hump, How The Leopard Got His Spots” as Want to Read:

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin & How the Camel Got His Hump "[22:21]
Read by Jack Nicholson - Original Music by Bobby McFerrin
These familiar favorites from Rudyard Kipling feature the tale of a Parsee man who seeks revenge on a nasty rhino followed by the story of a lazy camel who learns the hard way that pride and arrogance are never a good combination.
"How the Leopa
Audio CD
Published February 6th 2007 by Listening Library

To ask other readers questions about Rabbit Ears Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rabbit Ears Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories

Susan
May 20, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
This includes 3 of Kipling's "Just So" stories read by Jack Nicholson or Danny Glover, with music by Bobby McFerrin or Ladysmith Black Mambozo. Each reading was terrific, and I found myself smiling or laughing frequently. While I thought the music was great, too, I think some of the interludes would probably be too long for youngsters waiting to hear the next part of the story. I especially loved "How the Leopard Got his Spots," which includes (though it's not mentioned in the title)how the Ethi ...more
Robin
Dec 05, 2012 Robin rated it it was amazing
Kipling + Nicholson + Bobby McFerrin doing all the music, even the sound effects. It can't get much better than that. My family has an old tape recording of this that always makes me smile. I'd love to get a CD/mp3 version.
Renate
Jack Nicholson and Danny Glover do spot-on work as narrators of these fables. And, the a cappella accompaniments by McFerrin and Ladysmith Black Mombaza caused a sensation of being in those far-off, exotic, and magical places. It would be great, I think, to be listening to the stories while looking at the books. I would like to do that with some of the children in my life.

It is so good to finally lay to rest my curiosity about how the rhinoceros acquired his armor-y skin, the camel his hump, an
Chrystal Phillips
Jan 16, 2016 Chrystal Phillips rated it liked it
Still enjoying the series, but I really had a hard time concentrating on the stories Jack Nicholson read with the heavy mouth breathing music in the background. Truly enjoyed the Danny Glover and Leopard's spots story though. So neat to revisit these stories that I can remember from my youth!
Emily
Jan 26, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
I used to listen to this all the time as a child... so glad I found the CD again as an adult.
Samar
Jan 04, 2012 Samar rated it really liked it
Wonderful I like it so much .
Kathy Fernandes
Kathy Fernandes marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Ashley Bradley
Ashley Bradley rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Nicky Brennan
Nicky Brennan marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Sara Strugar
Sara Strugar marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Sharon Bair
Sharon Bair marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Rabbit Ears Entertainment, LLC is an entertainment company committed to the creation of family programming that reflects a deep respect for the intelligence and sense of humor of today’s audiences. Our classic children’s stories are brought to life by the world’s most respected narrators, musicians, and illustrators. Narrated by Hollywood’s top celebrities, scored by renowned musicians, and illust ...more
More about Rabbit Ears...