Start by marking “The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul” as Want to Read:
The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul

The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  132 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...
Call me V. I used to be a nobody, just a girl from New Jersey who was probably going to hell anyway -- or worse, mediocrity and a size 14. Now I get whatever I desire just by casting a little spell....a flawless body, a luxury penthouse, and a Fifth Avenue shop where rich women clamor for my overpriced handbags. Even better, I have p
Published April 5th 2005 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul

Leslie
The book is a little schizophrenic. Part hot, cool girl in the city and part moral lecture.

V sold her soul to the devil to escape Jersey and a cheating ex-husband. Now is is the hot handbag vendor of fifth avenue; her name on every woman's lips. But she's finding being evil isn't what she wanted and some how people keep asking her for favors. When she chases a dog that stole her scarf she inadvertently becomes the hero that saves a girl from drowning and meets a hot normal guy.

There are more une
Marni
Bought on a whim at a thrift shop, this book was pointedly funny at times but then grew a bit sactimonious. Still a good recommendation for a light read, and a great barbed description of New York and vapid conniving people--with and without a soul.
Tammie Drummond
Eh, not so much. It had great potential, but I just couldn't make myself enjoy it. I literally made myself finish it, then kicked myself for wasting such time. Bleh.
Kristen
The premise...girl sells her soul to the devil...could have been funny. The actual book...crap.

Not funny, not interesting, not much of anything.
Phoebebb
This sounded like a cute story, and I'm sure it is, but I'm just not into reading about shallow women so I never finished it.
Heidi
Even for chick lit, this book just didn't do it for me.
Mary Kennedy
When I first met Kathleen O’Reilly at an industry luncheon, she was delicately picking her way through a portobello mushroom the size of a Frisbee.

I’d always been a fan of her romance novels (eight Harlequins) but was intrigued to learn that she had just written a fabulous breakout novel for Pocket. When she told me the premise, it was so fresh and unusual, I immediately rushed out to buy it.
The title says it all: THE DIVA’S GUIDE TO SELLING YOUR SOUL.

Okay, I know you’re dying to hear the
Adelle R.
No, tak kdybych byla o něco starší a řešila svůj nedokonalý život plný strachu z gramu navíc a toho, že si nemůžu koupit značkovou kabelku, možná by se mi to líbilo. Tohle ale fakt není můj styl.
Ransom
At first, I wondered a bit why I kept reading. Lucy's big gossip columns didn't quite make a difference and the narrator felt very self-absorbed. That was on purpose, however, and through the book the narrator changed in a way she didn't expect. Of course, not many people sell their soul to the devil and then stomp on her metaphorical tail.

I liked the end, partly because it appealed to the romantic in me (however hidden) and that it made sense in the universe of the book. It did stretch my imag
Deedee Mcintyre
trash, I actually threw it out
Michelle
Audrey and Chrisana are calling me Lucy...I cannot wait to see what lable they have pinned on me in this book...I guess it will be a bit of a mirror to my face! or... I quote "And when she find out, there will be hell to pay..." You here that Audrey????????

Okay, finished the book...wow, the language was intense and I had to wade through the NYC references, but the plot to overthrow the devil was a good one. I like the ending. Audrey and Shauna can live without the 'hell to pay' ;-)
Shannon
Spawned from that Sex-In-the-City genre. Also reminds me of the movie, "The Devil Wears Prada."

Decently entertaining. The main character was quite likeable.

The sex scenes are good - hot and realistic.

The jokes were so current, that they will probably be outmoded in a year or so – i.e. Paris Hilton, the “priceless” Mastercard commercial motif.
Ellen
It's magical realism meets chic lit. Started off okay, got a little confusing, ended suddenly in a neat, cheesy (and kind of juvenile) little predictable package as if the author had used up her allotted number of pages. Disappointing/boring ending.
Danielle
A very fun book with a twist on the chic-lit genre. I particularly liked the concept of the different level of rewards you get for the more souls you sign up! But the characters weren't that great and the ending kind of threw me off.
Kim
Reading this book was pretty much a waste of time. Interesting premise but it just didn't live up to my expectations.
Daisy
This was a great concept, but was poorly written. Would make a good chic flic.

Aubree
i didn't feed my cat for two days bc i couldn't put it down.
Slynne
Well written, just not my cuppa. Wonderful sense of humor.
Kristine
Oct 30, 2007 Kristine rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: never-again
It starts of so good but it fizzles out.
Dawn Golias
Dawn Golias marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Petra13
Petra13 marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Janine Defranco
Janine Defranco marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Bender
Bender marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Cupid, Inc.
  • The Butcher of Beverly Hills (McAffee Twins, #1)
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • In One Year and Out the Other: A New Year's Story Collection
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • The Answer Is Yes: A Novel
  • My Favorite Mistake
  • Blood Legacy: The Story of Ryan
  • Hell With the Ladies
  • Son of a Ditch (Home, #2)
  • Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1)
  • The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
  • Maybe, Maybe Not
  • The Rule of Sebastian
  • Fallout
  • Bare Necessity
  • The Velvet Chair (Jewel Heiss #2)
Kathleen O'Reilly wrote her first romance at the age of eleven, which to her undying embarrassment was read aloud to her class. After taking over twenty years to recover from the profound distress, she is now proud to announce her new career - a romance author. Kathleen lives in New York with her husband and their two children who outwit her daily.
More about Kathleen O'Reilly...
Sex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) (Harlequin Blaze, #388) Shaken and Stirred: Those Sexy O'Sullivans Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485) Nightcap (Harlequin Blaze, #394) (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #3) Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)