UltraMetabolism Cookbook

UltraMetabolism Cookbook

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  15 reviews

From the Three-Time New York Times Bestselling Author of Ultraprevention, Ultrametabolism, and The Ultrasimple Diet

In UltraMetabolism, Dr. Mark Hyman brought the new science of weight loss to the general public. By learning to work with the body instead of against it, you can ignite your natural fat-burning furnace and reprogram your body to burn fat and keep it off for

Published November 20th 2007 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about UltraMetabolism Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about UltraMetabolism Cookbook

Nothing groundbreaking here from my perspective. Decently written but no pictures even though the second half of the cookbook is recipes. Most of the recipes rely heavily on soy products, which I try to limit in my diet.
Deb
*The "how to" following the "why to"*

A great complement to his _UltraMetabolism_ book, Mark Hyman's recipe book contains 200 ultra-delicious ways to put the UltraMetabolism approach into practice. The first part of the book highlights the essentials of the UltraMetabolism approach (i.e., the "why to"), and the rest of the book contains recipes that integrate this approach (i.e., the "how to") with an incredibly do-able plan. The recipes are simple--even the ones that require more prep time--and...more
Elisabeth
Excellent cookbook (although wish there were more pictures, I love cookbooks with pictures, this one has a few). All the recipes I've tried so far have turned out very well and a few are now on my regular rotation.

All the recipes are designed to promote health, which is important to me.

My only quibble with this book is that, as a vegetarian, I wish it had more vegetarian recipes and fewer meat recipes; and a few recipes are marked as "vegetarian" but have fish in them.

Definitely recommend for...more
Trudy
This book presents a summary of Dr. Hyman's Ultrametabolism and also includes a lot of tasty-looking recipes to help you follow his advice. I read three books by Dr. Hyman this week (Ultrametabolism and The Ultra Mind Solution as well as this one), but this cookbook is really the only one I needed. It presents most of the information much more succinctly.
Jenny
I borrowed this book from the library first, then I had to buy a copy bc I missed the recipes so much. This book is great for making healthy foods that are family friendly. Lots of recipes with fresh herbs. I stuck to the phase 1 stuff as I was on a pretty restrictive allergy diet. The guacamole is to die for. Yummy!
Pat
It's so great that there are doctors like Mark Hyman who are totally dedicated to the idea of nutritional cleansing, who explain why it works, and then give us recipes to boot! I love this book, and the recipes are delicious!
Sarah Nokleby
Interesting, but a little too high-maintenance for me. Nothing jumped out at me and said, "Yummy!", so I know I would not be able to stick with it.
Caryn Heilman
Love these recipes. Best veggie recipes I have ever seen. Try Chopped Broccoli with Olives and Slivered Brussels Sprouts with Shiitake Mushrooms.
Lauren
Many great recipes - not a vegan cookbook, but many great vegan recipes - to support Dr. Hyman's UltraSimple and UltraMetabolism plans.
Jonette
Love Dr. Hyman's philosophy on health and picked up this book. Found some interesting and delicious recipes to update my recipe stash.
Katy
The recipes have almost no flavor. Many of these recipes appear elsewhere or in slightly altered versions in his Hyman's other books.
Heather Hill
Borrowed it from a friend that loves the recipes.. I'm so excited to start next week!!
Janice Repicci
Seems like the way to go for healty living.
Lisadunbar22
Good yummy recipes in this one.
Irene
If you are thinking about starting the Ultrametabolism program (the one with the 3 weeks of detox), please buy this cookbook first! You will definitely thank me for suggesting it, otherwise you'll soon tire of the limited number of recipes that are in the orange UM book. There are a lot of good recipes in here.
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
London
London is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mark Hyman, M.D., is the editor in chief of Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, the most prestigious journal in the field of integrative medicine. After ten years as co-medical director at Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires, he is now in private practice in Lenox, Massachusetts. He is the coauthor of the New York Times bestseller Ultraprevention. His websites are www.drhyman.com and www.ultr...more
More about Mark Hyman...
The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now! Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss The Ultra Mind Solution: Automatically Boost Your Brain Power, Improve Your Mood and Optimize Your Memory The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body's Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast Ultraprevention: The 6-Week Plan That Will Make You Healthy for Life