Start by marking “Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #8)” as Want to Read:
Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #8)

Maximum Ride, Vol. 8 (Maximum Ride: The Manga #8)

4.46  ·  Rating Details ·  1,970 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Joining a scientific expedition gives Max and the flock a perfect opportunity to distance themselves from the heated debate over their future, but frostbite isn’t the only danger in the Antarctic! A powerful figure in the underworld has promised the super-human kids to the highest bidder-and he has the robotic army to ensure the goods are delivered!
Published July 29th 2014 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Ride, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Ema-Lilly Dream I'm truly sad to see this. The point of Goodreads is and always will be to share the joy of reading. Not to get books for free. That has never been…more I'm truly sad to see this. The point of Goodreads is and always will be to share the joy of reading. Not to get books for free. That has never been the point. (Not that I know of). You should understand what you are signing up for before you sign up. not after.
So, I am quite sad that you would sign up for this wonderful site, just for something as silly as free books.

Go borrow these from your library. That's the only Legal way to get books for free. Besides giveaways: but there is not a giveaway for this book. (less)
Emespre I don't think there would be any way to legally do that outside of a library that stocks it as an ebook.

Chanel
Aug 19, 2014 Chanel rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I finished it in one night and as always it left me craving for more. I love watching the relationships progress and I loved Max getting jealous. What really made me happy was near the end, when Max gave the speech about Global Warming. I think that that part of the ending should be modified and given to the government, hopefully it could change something. But in the mean time I'll just pray about it.
Dory
The eighth volume of Maximum Ride the manga adaption is finally in my hands. After a long wait for the library to order this book, it was worth it. Or was it?

The weirdest part of this series is their age. That the characters ages are so young for all they do and how they behave. Max is fourteen! She behaves as if she is at least 16 in a YA novel. But look at how she is drawn, i genuinely thought she was 17 for most of the series. Her breasts are far too developed for a 14 year old, she has the h
Hamelynn Harzman
May 30, 2017 Hamelynn Harzman rated it really liked it
This book, though I loved it, let me down in a way. I wanted this to be about Max and her flock, and the dangers they face, and the people and mutants who want to sell them, buy them, or kill them. But nope. I get global warming instead.

Yes, it is a serious issue, and could kill us all, but I didn't want this manga to be about global warming. I wanted it to be about the bird-children and their struggles. Other than that, I loved it. I loved the art, I loved the characters, and the humor.
Stacey Kym
Feb 23, 2016 Stacey Kym rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reviews
Thus far, I'm really enjoying the 'Maximum Ride' manga series. I love all the illustrations - especially the ones in COLOUR! The plot has not yet gotten boring for me and I love than each manga contains enough to excite you about an event, and then when everything is epic and the novel ends you are left with an EPIC CLIFFHANGER! I seriously don't know how many times I've been caught by one. Max and her flock are still evolving and her mission is not yet over, despite her fulfilling her destiny. ...more
Ema-Lilly Dream
I think that I've gotten used to this series so my earlier complaints don't really apply anymore. BUT there are two that I just can't get over:
14 years old and 12 Years old + D cup Boobs = Max and Nudge = IMPOSSIBLE. :/

And Tree Huggers. UGH

Besides that, Its still pretty good.
Happy Reading!
Kassie
Aug 24, 2014 Kassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

I love maximum ride.it's full of action and missions.I would recommend this book to any one looking for a good book
Mai-ana
Jan 15, 2015 Mai-ana rated it did not like it
Rubbish...will not be bothering to read anymore of these graphic novels, quite enjoyed the actual Maximum Ride books, but not this...lots of grunting!
ThatPeruvianGuy
Sep 30, 2015 ThatPeruvianGuy rated it it was amazing
it was good
Nell
Oct 23, 2014 Nell rated it it was ok

Really starting to loose faith in the story. Art is still really pretty though.
Olivia Guo
May 15, 2017 Olivia Guo rated it liked it
This was (I feel) not the best book of this series. I feel like this book could be better.
Jade
Oct 19, 2016 Jade added it
They are safe on a boat and they go to a house and fang and max
Mackenzie
Oct 03, 2014 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing
In the beginning of the book, we meet up in Antarctica with the main 7 once again. Still doing research on global warming with the crew, they all go out to measure some temperature and chemical levels in the water, when one of the crews legs (an extra of the girls whose name I cant remember) is caught by a leopard seal. Max and Fang then save her and bring her back to camp, only to find that the girl is in fact a robotic type spy who has been giving away their location to yet another antagonist. ...more
Ian
Jul 29, 2014 Ian rated it it was amazing
This book is rated Teen by the folks at Yen Press and has moments of violence in it as well as some language but probably not enough to overpower the message of saving our environment told in this book. If you want to buy this book for your children I suggest you flip through it first to make sure you are happy and perhaps offer them a chance to read the original books this manga is based off of. :)

The story picks up from the last one where the flock is in the Antarctic helping their researcher
Lanie
Don't worry! I still like the series as a whole. It's just the couple of mangas that cover the events of "the final warning" that I hate so much.

Ugh. & I really do hate it.

-_- I hate the over the top preachiness of the "final warning" arch. It's cheesy and annoying. Having a message is great. Shoving it down the readers throats so much it feels like the writer is getting paid to write about saving the planet... Not so much.

The whole bird kids saving the world from the apocalypse/the by half
Soobie's heartbroken
What a piece of garbage! Yeah, I want to be polite but this installment was terrible!! What's with all this let's-save-the-world crap? Global warming and everything?

There were moments during my reading that I felt like being in a church with a preacher trying to make me change my mind. It was even worse than assisting at a lecture at uni. I mean, Max's speech?! Really!

That's probably the first book I've ever read set in Antarctica. That was the interesting part of the volume but they were in Ant
Sarah Lindquist
Great Art, Good Fun but too Preachy

I read the original book Final Warning and the story is pretty much the same. I love the artwork and the story is a fun getaway (hard not to like penguins). It has its exciting and funny moments but like the book, the global warming message isn't integrated into the series overall plot and the super villain's motives very well. It comes across as preachy instead of aiding to the plot and Max's long monologue doesn't help. So I view this as a sort of stand alone
Chase
Oct 21, 2014 Chase rated it really liked it
I thought this book was great! Even though it was a comic book it was very descriptive in the text. There is a group of friends who are very different from an average person. They have powers they all have wings so they can fly and they all have another gift. People recognize them as the bird children. They first started out in Antarctica on a mission to stop Global Warming. A traitor was killed by a sea lion. They were all scared that someone was watching them, and they did not want to be found ...more
Kate
Feb 28, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
Josie
Apr 17, 2016 Josie rated it really liked it
I have been hooked in this series for months now and had been looking forward to reading vol. 8. And boy, did this book deliver. By giving the reader more information on the flock and having them go on more stunning adventures this book was great. I was so exited when reading this book because the formally introduced two new villains. Now the flock has a new challenge to face and they are always up to one. I love this series and can't wiat to receive vol. 9. :)
Jesse
Aug 03, 2014 Jesse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I absolutely love this series and with each volume it just gets better and better for me. That being said I feel like Vol. 8 was a bit jumpy. Im sure in the actual novel there is more that happens before the Flock just moves on to something else, but in the graphic novel it seemed to be just trying to get in the big points as fast as possible and almost made parts seem pointless to me. I still rather enjoyed this volume and cannot wait for volumes 9 and 10 to be released in the future.
Lena
What. There's still another book after this one?! Not sure how many more I can take of this haha. But regardless I read this book in one sitting, and it was good, but not much really happened in this instalment - Max's big speech took up most of the book, which was a shame because it meant we didn't see much of the rest of the flock. But Max in a dress. Woah.
Audrey Wheelock
Mar 12, 2016 Audrey Wheelock rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in two hours, I just couldn't put it down. WARNING YOU WILL GET SERIOUSLY ADDICTED TO THIS BOOK, AND THERE IS A HUGE CLIFFHANGER AT THE END, SO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE BOOK NINE HANDY. I loved seeing Max get jealous, seriously this book is perfect, there isn't a thing I would change about it if I could.
James Jr.
May 30, 2015 James Jr. rated it it was amazing
Yet again, this manga was brilliant! I am ever so impressed by the Maximum Ride manga series. The art style is so fresh and new and the story gets better and better. Always just enough story and just the right amount of action to make this a swift and memorable read. I can't wait for the next volume in the series.
Chrissy Allen
Jan 05, 2015 Chrissy Allen rated it liked it
And so continues the commencement of the steady spiral downwards of the Maximum Ride series, now beautifully depicted in manga. If you ask me Patterson should have stopped at the 3rd book and left well enough alone, rereading something so bad yet in manga form was less agonizing but still agonizing. I don't blame the artist though, the characters all look great!
Emily
Jan 02, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
Very nice. A couple beautiful, colored pictures of the Flock in Antarctica that just we're just breathtaking. Plus, the story was much better. Takes place from the middle of The Final Warning to the beginning of Max.
Cassandra Leon
Feb 03, 2015 Cassandra Leon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is total Page-Turner, but I recommend reading the actual novel before you read the manga.

I love the books with every ounce of fiber in my entire being!
They have great twists and surprises around every corner, and the books make the reader wasn't to keep reading!
Briana
Oct 19, 2014 Briana rated it it was amazing
Lynn Greenwood
Sep 30, 2015 Lynn Greenwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it I have to read but I love reading more cuz of the maximum ride books!!!

Read this book it is and amazing series next after the graphic novels is the chapter books I love these books!!!!!!!
Jodi
Sep 02, 2014 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Love the artwork!!! Narae Lee and her team are brilliant!! Because I've read the whole (book) series before, I'm glad that all the funny scenes were added, great placement of the storyline!! Can't wait for the next one!
Riven
Jun 08, 2015 Riven rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who want to continue the series
Love the concept behind the series, but this was a major disappointment especially since the previous volumes were pretty good. I was even agreeing with the bad guys somewhat near the end and that is not what I want in a story.
  • Maximum Ride: List of Maximum Ride Characters, Maximum Ride, James Patterson, Maximum Ride: the Angel Experiment
  • Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 4
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volumes 1-3
  • Inuyasha, Volume 02 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • City of Bones (City of Bones: Graphic Novel #3)
  • Midnighters Manga #1
  • Cirque Du Freak The Lake of Souls, Vol. 10 (Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, #10)
  • Vermonia #6: To the Pillar of Wind
  • Millennium Snow 3 (Millenium Snow, #3)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 17 (Soul Eater, #17)
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 4
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 41 (Fairy Tail, #41)
  • Dictatorial Grimoire: Red Riding Hood
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Maximum Ride: The Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #1)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 2 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #2)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #3)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 4 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #4)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 5 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #5)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 6 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #6)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 7 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #7)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 9 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #9)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 10 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #10)
  • Maximum Ride, Vol. 11 (Maximum Ride: The Manga, #11)