Start by marking “Naked In Knightsbridge” as Want to Read:
Naked In Knightsbridge

Naked In Knightsbridge

Harry has it all. A great business selling antiques, with free rent thrown in, from the basement of a client in Knightsbridge. A relationship with said client's hot son. Loads of wealthy friends in the locality, including best friend, Lucinda. Then a drunken escapade with an incense burner and a Swedish tourist ruins everything.
Published September 23rd 2009 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about Naked In Knightsbridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked In Knightsbridge

Leah
Oct 29, 2009 Leah rated it it was amazing
Jools Grand is having a bit of a hard time. Her business has burned to the ground (literally!), she’s got no money whatsoever and is about to become homeless. To try and save herself from living on the streets Jools comes up with a foolproof plan: she’ll sell herself on Ebay in a marriage of convenience. Trouble is the only bids that Jools gets are from a deranged loner and a gay politician trying to appease his family. Is this marriage of convenience going to turn out to be more than it’s worth ...more
Jill
Feb 05, 2011 Jill rated it really liked it
As you read chapter one, you quickly realize you are watching a train wreck. The main character is one of those people who consistently make bad choices hoping to take short cuts in life. You can see the wreck coming and you hope beyond hope the character turns the train around before it crashes. But she doesn't.

The rest of the book is about what happens after the crash and involves a psychopath, a politician and an angel in disguise. It has twists and surprises all along the way. It is the most
Lydia Laceby
Jul 18, 2012 Lydia Laceby rated it liked it
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

As the synopsis eludes, Naked in Knightsbridge is quirky, unique and full of unusual characters. I loved the cover of this novel. It intrigued me into finding out what the story was all about and this easy read provided some laughs for me, but unfortunately I did find it a bit frustrating at times.

I really wanted Jools to be able to figure it all out, to get away from all the crazies and not to be quite so ditzy and ignorant about everything. There were times
Amanda
Jun 13, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it
Worst book I've read in a while...
Ok, so maybe this sounds a bit harsh but there were several things that irked me about this book. One being that it was written from multiple perspectives with no definitive pattern to it. The plot kind of bumbles along and wraps up with no real drama and hence no real catharsis.

I think the author may have been onto something with the premise but the execution was poorly constructed.

Spolier after this!
The plot involving Niles/"Brad the American" went along w
Chanpreet
Apr 27, 2011 Chanpreet rated it it was ok
I had only heard great things about this book. It's the author's first book and I probably should have read this one first. The story is a little unbelievable. But that's not a bad thing. Things happen at a rapid pace and you can't help but wonder what disaster is going to befall Jools next. And boy has Jools made some big mistakes.

There are lots of places where I laughed, but there were more placed where I grimaced. Reading about Rodney, Michel/Michael, and Jool's prize of a father made me sli
Liz
Jan 31, 2011 Liz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2011
I hate to say it.. but this is one of the worst books I have ready in a very long time. It's not that its chic lit or a light read that bothered me, I like those as long as they're good. You might wonder why I even carried on, but I've got a weird OCD about having to finish any book I start.
There was so much wrong with this. It was badly written in my opinion, both in style and there were several big plot holes where there were contradictions and double up of information. Also, I hated the char
Emily
Aug 06, 2011 Emily added it
Giving this 1 star is being kind. I was expecting empty pap from chick lit and this didn't disappoint. I haven't read anything as bad for years. If the author's going to poke fun at tabloid misrepresentation, then endless jokes about the size of the 'obese' (only 11 stone) heroine's bum are a little incongruous! By the end every other sentence seemed to mention her size, doughnuts or cupcakes. God knows how I struggled on that far. Possibly just to see if the twist that had been obvious since th ...more
~ Cariad ~
Jul 28, 2011 ~ Cariad ~ rated it really liked it
I definitely need to read a gritty book now!
This one's fluffy but had enough of a story to keep me going until the end. Not my usual cup of tea but since buying my Kindle I find I can read so fast and with such variety (bloomin 1 click!) that I'll try anything!

I didn't feel I could tell people what I was reading with this one. (love how discreet Kindle is!) Why am I always embarrassed by Chicklits?
Andrea Dillon
Mar 23, 2012 Andrea Dillon rated it it was ok
Yikes, I read it and at times I thought it was going to go somewhere funny and good but then it just didn't. It started off similar to the shopaholic series that I love but then just couldn't recover. I hated the characters. Actually I like Lady Margaret for most of the book but by the end I hated her. I think the initial plot was started good but just ended sloppy. Don't read it. Just don't.
Karen
Feb 09, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. A little rough start and a bit more vulgarity than I'm comfortable with, but neither of these kept me from reading further. Only I kept craving cupcakes and doughnuts through the whole thing, can't imagine why. And if any British people can tell me what Hobnobs are, I'd sure appreciate it!
David Graham
Feb 26, 2015 David Graham rated it did not like it
Oh dear, what a let down. It's hard to believe this got published, given that it's such a blatant rip-off of Sophie Kinsella's shopaholic series, complete with letters to bank managers, bingeing of various types and a soppy and utterly predictable ending. And including a closet gay, would-be MP is just plain anachronistic. Best avoided.
Allie
Jan 27, 2012 Allie rated it did not like it
I could not stand the main character. The description of the book sounded intriguing but as I was reading I found myself more and more disgusted with Jools and I stopped caring what happened to her. This book just really rubbed me the wrong way and the main character was the biggest cause!
Danielle
Jun 03, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this book at all, its very hard to get into and it just didn't really do it for me. I didn't find the story funny and there wasn't anything good about the plot. It just seemed to drag way too much.
The Sweet Bookshelf
Nov 17, 2009 The Sweet Bookshelf rated it really liked it
If you like The Shopaholic series, you'll love Naked in Knightsbridge. This book is fantastic! An essential if you just want to sit back, relax and escape from the world. Jools is quite the character, one of my favorites, and she'll keep you laughing till the end.
Sue
Mar 12, 2011 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Good fun read. Bit predictable but good for whiling away a day or so's reading time.
Threlkeldgemz
light reading with funny bits!
Nicolle
Oct 20, 2010 Nicolle rated it really liked it
Very fun read!
Celeste Deal
Jun 23, 2011 Celeste Deal rated it liked it
Kinda strange so far... not sure if I can finish it. Feeling a bit bored by it.
mellyana
Aug 09, 2012 mellyana rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy-cute-chic
so so.
Easy reading. Plot is promising but somehow I found character is too thin and it reminds me of many other book.
george
This was cute. Made me chuckle out loud more than a few times. Even though it was a bit over-the-top, it was fun and light. Just as chick-lit should be.
Melissa
Mar 31, 2012 Melissa rated it did not like it
The only good thing to be said: I've read worse.
Mar 22, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
This book was just okay. I hated how the entire book they acted like Jools was HUGE and fat and the talked about her bring a designer size 12-16. It just got under my skin.
Talli Roland
May 30, 2010 Talli Roland rated it it was amazing
Who can't help but love story where the a character who auctions herself off on the Internet? Hilarious and irreverant, this debut novel by Schmidt is the definition of a 'rollicking good time'!
Kristene Peterson
Mar 14, 2015 Kristene Peterson rated it it was ok
Glad I didn't pay for this book. While it was a quick easy read, it seemed like a knock off of the Shopoholic books. It was funny at times but also incredibly far fetched to be believable.
Curlywurly
Dec 21, 2010 Curlywurly rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, modern
I couldn't put this one down! I despised almost every single character and yet I loved this book! Check it!
Jul 28, 2012 Laura rated it did not like it
Probably the worst book I have ever read. Writing a main likeable character would be a start, I loathed the lead and every bit of idiotic and bad writing in this book, and the plot was just stupid.
Tracey
I got about 20% through this but got fed of reading about debt.. it probably gets better but for me i didnt like it so abandonded it..
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012
Ashleigh Louw
Ashleigh Louw rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
  • The Summer Season
  • Devil Moon
  • Man Hunt
  • From London with Love
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • Pink Wellies and Flat Caps
  • Looking For Ward
  • We Interrupt This Date
  • Hot Flash
  • The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant, #2)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Working It Out
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • Bodies: From the creator of Line of Duty
  • Lucky Girl
Hi there. I work in publishing and sneakily write books by day (hmm, should I say this) and night.
More about Nicky Schmidt...