Start by marking “Out of the Blue” as Want to Read:
Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters #2)

Continuing her sparkling, sexy Stewart Sisters trilogy, bestselling author JoAnn Ross pens a romantic suspense story set in the glorious Great Smoky Mountains, where a tough man and a passionate woman find love amid danger.
Lark Stewart is on the run from a singing career that skyrocketed out of control...and from someone who's bent on murder. When one of her band members
Published March 2nd 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Blue

Jul 20, 2016 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 I almost gave this book 4 stars. It was going to be until the last 20 or so pages. First, let me say I really liked the plot (until the end) and the characters. The book moved at a great pace and kept my interest. The characters, as in the first book, were really well written. Now, about the end. I felt one plot line ended really abrubtly and the other came out of nowhere. I like a good twist as well as the next person, but this felt out of place. But I am looking forward to the last book!
Oct 17, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. It was completely different from the first book of the series even though it was about Lark Stewart from Highland Falls, one of the three sisters. This book was part romance and part mystery and I liked the way the author was able to combine the two parts into an enjoyable story.

Lark had a stalker who had terrorized her when she was eighteen and before she had become famous. Now, he has escaped prison and was stalking her again, or was he?

Lucas McCloud had loved Lark from
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Famous country singer reunites with her old teen BF who left her to join the marines. In the meantime, she's also busy dealing with a psycho-stalker who kidnapped her years before & just escaped from prison, her lying ex-manager ex-husband, & the mystery of who shot her drummer.

Just like Out of the Mist, this story about another Stewart sister was a bust. I've read other Ross books (i.e., Freefall, Blaze, Blue Bayou, Southern Comfort) & this one lacked the heat, organization, &
This is the second Stewart Sisters book. Lark is found walking around New Orleans. Danny, one of the men in her band, was found with a bullet wound. Lark has amnesia. After a bit, some things start to come back to her but she does not remember the shooting. Who did this?
Lark's Aunt Zelda call Lucas - the man Lark has been in love him her whole life. Things did not work out with them but he still loves her too. Lucas goes to NO to get Lark and make sure she is safe. Then they find out that her s
Mary Rad
Oct 14, 2014 Mary Rad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not one to write lengthy reviews. You can read the synopsis anywhere.
I enjoyed this fast read, but disliked the rushed ending. Just as it started to build, it resolved and was over! What's up with that, Ms. Ross? Had a deadline to make? Got a bit irritated with the constant sexual hunger between Lark and Lucas, but, OK, it's a novel.
Jackie Winters
Feb 15, 2016 Jackie Winters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters Trilogy book 2)

This book had me trying to guess what was going on. Mostly I guessed wrong. I loved it. Now ready to start the last one of the trilogy
Rita Mcallister davidson
Sep 27, 2015 Rita Mcallister davidson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I didn't have book 1 but this book is a good read. Lark is being stalked. Lucas has been called in to protect her. They knew each other while growing up.
Oct 22, 2016 Stephanie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-womens
Not awful but certainly didn't make me upset I missed the first in the series and I won't be looking for the next one either.
Pam Walker
better than the 1st in the trilogy
Gin McMillan
Aug 06, 2015 Gin McMillan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book!
Kathy Travis
Aug 22, 2016 Kathy Travis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's my attempt at trying out previously unread authors on my part. My streak wasn't looking too good with my historicals that I found at the UBS. So why not try some contemp? I braved this one out even if it has become exceedingly difficult to look for contemps with heroes other than cops, FBI agents or former something-along-that-line.

Read full review on Bookabulary.
Oct 19, 2013 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate when I read a book out of order in a series as I did this one because I feel that I don't have enough background information to truly relate to the characters. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for another chick romance novel where the heroine and hero seem to be at odds for most of the book. There was an interesting twist at the end of the story that gave the book some redemption, though.
Dec 11, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Book 2 of the Stewart Sisters trilogy. This was a nice contemporary read with a sweet romance and just a touch of spice. The mystery was well played and I was genuinely surprised at the "shock" culmination of events. My only hangup was that the ending seemed a bit rushed. Other than that, very nice read.
Jun 09, 2009 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another loaner from my mother-in-law, another romance/mystery that I probably wouldn't have touched if she hadn't given it to me. It was a quick, fun read but nothing incredibly memorable. A good beach read, though!
Gayathri ATMusingsOverNothing
A true chick-lit fit for cozy-rainy-day read romantic and fast paced - keeps it warmth till the end. Read more here: http://musings-over-nothing.blogspot....
I liked this story more than the first. Possibly because I liked Lark more. I thought Lucas took too much on himself, but I liked the way he and Lark came together.

overall a good read.
Feb 04, 2013 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
Throughout the whole book it seemed like there was going to be some sort of twist. There was the obvious villain but everything didn't fit. I was surprised but how much I liked this book.
A good read. There was an interesting twist at the end which I did not see coming. Looking forward to the last book in this trilogy.
Michele bookloverforever
enoyable if you like romantic suspense. decent plot.
Shae Johnson
Mystery romance with a twist at the end.
Mar 09, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book but read it out of order
Oh well
Karen Barnett
Nov 28, 2010 Karen Barnett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Added Ross to my list of authors to read.
Sandy  Kemp
yuk, not my thing.
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
Thea marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
Samantha Mastronardi
Samantha Mastronardi marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Douglas Hale
Douglas Hale rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • Muse
  • To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2)
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Blood Claim (Half-Blood Princess, #1)
  • Race for the Gold
  • Tempted by His Target
  • Desire the Night
  • Relentless (Lodestone Trilogy #3)
  • Playing Along
  • Guarded (Tidewater, #2)
  • Mondspiel
  • When I'm with You
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • Dead By Midnight: An I-Team Christmas (I-Team #7.5)
  • Catch Me
New York Times bestselling author JoAnn Ross has written over a hundred novels for a bunch of publishers. Two of her titles have been excerpted in Cosmo and her books have also been published by the Doubleday, Rhapsody, Literary Guild, and Mystery Guild book clubs.

A member of the Romance Writers of America's Honor Roll of best-selling authors, she's won several awards, including Romantic Times's
More about JoAnn Ross...

Stewart Sisters (3 books)
  • Out of the Mist (Stewart Sisters, #1)
  • Out of the Storm (Stewart Sisters, #3)