Start by marking “Black Belt Healing: A Martial Artist's Guide to Pain Management and Injury Recovery (Harnessing the Power of the Mind) (Audio CD included)” as Want to Read:

In Black Belt Healing, Dr. David Nelson uses both his training as a martial artist and his years of incorporating hypnotism as therapy for dealing with painful injuries into a how-to guide for martial artists.

The greatest opponent a martial artist will face is pain. This pain might manifest itself in the form of a traumatic injury or in the chronic aches and pains that com
Published July 10th 2010 by Tuttle Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Black Belt Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Belt Healing

Rik Scarborough
Interesting read and thoughts about healing.

Most of the book is about self hypnosis. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to add that to my toolbar, but it does give great insights.

One takeaway for me is the concept that the subconscious, or for me the body, does not understand words such as no, not. In attempting to be positive, I.e I will not have pain or I will not fail, we may be sabotaging our effort, instead our positive thoughts and Ki should be I am comfortable or I will succeed.
Alma
Feb 18, 2012 Alma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: martial-arts
This book is for those who need healing. It is though, not to be dealt with lightly as the methods inside require intense thought and dedication. It has helped me over come a torn meniscus in both knees. But it takes time and a willingness to be diligent in the author's instructions. This book uses self-hypnosis and guides you through the process. Here is my disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this is not intended to substitute as a medical diagnosis.
Rik Scarborough
Nov 01, 2012 Rik Scarborough rated it it was amazing
Most of the book is about self hypnosis. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to add that to my toolbox, but it does give great insights.

One takeaway for me is the concept that the subconscious, or for me the body, does not understand words such as "no" or "not". In attempting to be positive, i.e. I will not have pain or I will not fail, we may be sabotaging our effort. Instead our positive thoughts and Ki should be I am comfortable or I will succeed.
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Don Deacy
Don Deacy rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Aj Oglum
Aj Oglum rated it it was ok
May 17, 2013
Robert E
Robert E rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2013
Lynn Crisci
Lynn Crisci marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Zach
Zach marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Kevin Graham
Kevin Graham marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2017
More about David Nelson...