Start by marking “The Bride Hunt (Matchmaker Duncans, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bride Hunt (Matchmaker Duncans, #2)

The Bride Hunt (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  765 ratings  ·  28 reviews
In Jane Feather’s dazzling, irresistible romance, London’s most charming matchmakers are faced with a ruinous lawsuit—and now Prudence, the brainy, beautiful middle sister, must save them.

Soon after the Duncan sisters’ personals service turns a profit, their controversial newspaper The Mayfair Lady offends a powerful earl—who is now determined to demolish them in court.
Published March 2nd 2004 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Hunt

Readitnweep
Gail
The second in the series. The newspaper is sued by a nobleman—a good friend of the sisters’ father—for libel. The sisters go to a barrister and challenge him to represent them in court, without exposing that they are the publishers and editors of the paper. The barrister finds himself becoming increasingly intrigued by the middle sister, Prudence, and her cause, and agrees to take on the case because of the challenge, and the sister. She offers to find him a bride as an alternate payment—but he’ ...more
Cruth
Author: Jane Feather
First published: 2004
Length: 370 pages
Setting: London, 1906. (Edwardian)
Sex: Don't know.
Hero: Barrister with daughter. Divorced.
Heroine: Middle sister. Bluestocking. Good with numbers.
Includes: excerpts from The Bachelor List and The Wedding Game.

Just didn't find myself interested. Read 4 chapters (to page 73).

Matchmaker / Duncan Sisters:
Book 1: The Bachelor List - Constance Duncan and Max Ensor
Book 2: The Bride Hunt - Prudence Duncan and Sir Gideon Malvern
Book 3: The Wedding
Red
Stars: 2.5
Lihat bookshelves ku? Ada dua jaman disana.
Yah, aku tertipu dengan novel ini--in not a good way.
Well, aku udah nggak terlalu suka/minat baca berkurang setelah ada kata-kata "mobil" menunjukkan bukan abad pertengahan lagi, tapi lalu masih ada "kereta kuda." Jadi yah aku pikir ini setting nya dimana mobil mulai diproduksi bagi orang-orang yang punya uang. Salah satunya bagi pengacara muda nan hebat. Lalu dimana ini jaman yang memulai pandangan bahwa keperawanan itu tidak penting lagi, be
Oky Septya
Dibanding Constance yang temperamennya meledak-ledak, Prudence ini temperamennya sama aja emosionalnya tapi lebih tepat disebut lebih keras ajah gitu.

Sedangkan karakter cowoknya Sir Giedon Malvern adalah seorang pengacara ternama, duda, 40thnan dan tipe lelaki arogan yang suka mendominasi.

Settingnya masih di tahun yg sama 1900an, nggak jelas sih tahun berapa. Mungkin 1907. Kali ini gadget terbarunya adalah telepon yg katanya supermahal dan masih baru bgt. Omnibus dan kereta utk kendaraan umum.
Stacy
I had read The Wedding Game, book 3 of the Matchmaker Duncan Sisters series, several years and enjoyed it. Strangely I did not noticed at the time that the book was set in the early 1900s. This is not a time period that enjoy reading about. So if you prefer your characters on horseback instead of automobiles, this is not the book for you.

The characters were fine, the book well-written but it was difficult for me to get into it and it took several days to read. The premise of the story was a bit
Elle
This second in the trilogy features Prudence (Pru) the second of the Duncan Sisters.

Pru is the family's math wonk, so of course she's the accountant. Shortly before her sister Constance got hitched, she wrote a very harsh article about a friend of their father's, who has apparently abused his authority and left some servant women pregnant and abandoned. She ends the article with allegations of financial fraud towards his friends. While Con is on honeymoon, the chickens come home to roost--the n
Titis Wardhana
Kali ini giliran cerita Prudence dengan pengacara juga. Setelah di buku 1 The Mayfair Lady nerbitin tentang kisah selingkuhan lord temen ayahnya, eh si lord itu menuntut the mayfair lady. ahirnya prue harus mencari pengacara yang bisa membela mereka, secara si Max masih bulan madu sama Cons. Ahirnya Prue ketemuan sama Gideon. Di awal2 ketemu, Prue ini nyamar jadi perawan tua yang serius dan membosankan, tapi penyamarannya itu kebongkar pas tanpa sengaja dia ngelepas kacamatanya pas lg gugup, eh ...more
Jules
My 3.5 JEWEL review can be found at One Book Shy of a Full Shelf

This was a fun book full of romance and adventure. Jane Feather does a lovely job of blending witty and sensuous characters with an action-packed plot.

I really enjoyed Prudence. She thought she was escaping the notice of all men, especially the one who had captured her own attention. Gideon comes across gruff and single-minded until he starts to see what a gem in the rough Prudence is. There is a lot of humor as Pru tries to find th
Keri
Thanks to my obsessive compulsiveness, I read the 2nd book in Jane Feather's Matchmaker series. I didn't like the first one all that much. This one, The Bride Hunt fared much better. I liked Pru from the first book and I thought Gideon was a perfect foil for her. These read like a Hello Dolly remake in book format, just not as good as the movie. They take place in early 1900's when women's suffrage was in it's infancy and cars were just getting their rambling start in England. There were some fu ...more
Tressa
The Bride Hunt was an enjoyable continuation in this trilogy. I did not like Gideon initially, but I warmed up to him as his personality was shown.
LibraryDanielle
I seem to be reading this series backwards... enjoyable, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. the characters don't seem to have much depth, and there's a lot of 'extra' that seems superfluous to the story. it is well written and fairly fun to read though. normally I don't care to read the early 1900 stories so I'm not quite sure how I got this series.
Saptorini
3,5 bintang, karena ceritanya asyik. Beda dengan yang pernah saya baca. Mulai ada mobil dengan sistem engkol, telepon yang mahal luar biasa, dan yang asyik lagi adalah proses menuju persidangan. Lucu, gemes, kasihan. Niat mau mereview lebih serius di blog :)
Membaca ini jadi ingin membaca 2 seri lainnya.
Cecilyn
Cute book; I enjoyed Pru's personality, she was a breath of fresh air. I also quite liked the different type of male lead. For once it wasn't a rich duke, instead being a more down to earth type. I found the plot to be a bit more developed than normal as well, with the law-suit.
Rebecca Huston
I rather enjoyed this series, but I doubt that I will be reading it again. Unusual romance in that the novel is set in late Victorian/Edwardian England, and with plenty of historical details.

For the longer review, please go here:
Sherry
This was a page-turner for me; it had true action in it and I loved the trial! But, the bickering between the hero and heroine was just like book one only even more unrealistic! How can such people fall in love - is love truly that crazy?
Marian
Book 2 in the Mayfair Lady trilogy. This time the newspaper and it's editors have been sued for slander and Prudence has to deal with Sir ideon Malvern, England's most-sought-after young barrister.

A very good sequel.
Diana Dorn
This book was very difficult for me to complete. Usually books are a distraction for me this one couldn't keep my attention and I was consistently distracted from it
Judith
This was a fun romance novel. Not too much of the ridiculous sex stuff, which is fine by me. The sisters were entertaining and fun. A quick, fun, easy read.
Santy
So awesome! Love this story so so much... Love the way they fall in love. Can't put it until I finished read it.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
This is the second in the series and is a really nice story. Now I need to find the third and final book.
Naira
Not as good as the first one. Prue's story was flat, so I hope Chastity will save this trilogy.
Amanda
this book really is a good book it flows together with the other two in the series
Pamela
A fast read. Predictable, but enjoyable. I enjoyed the ending.
Dianne Salzwedel
3 sisters write a newpaper, and hire a lawer to defend them
Rachel
A great and hilarious romance. :)
Hildy Peterson
Grade: D

Boring and blah.
  • Seducing the Spy (Royal Four, #4)
  • A Courtesan's Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #3)
  • Almost a Princess
  • A Visit From Sir Nicholas (Effingtons, #9)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • Dark Angel / Lord Carew's Bride
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • Pendragon (Brides, #7)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...

Matchmaker Duncan Sisters (3 books)
  • The Bachelor List (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #1)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2) The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2) Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1) The Least Likely Bride (Bride, #3) A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)