Start by marking “Batman: Featuring Two-Face and the Riddler” as Want to Read:

Batman: Featuring Two-Face and the Riddler

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Published in 1995.
Published August 1st 1995 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. This was such a great collection dealing with the origin stories of both Two-Face and The Riddler. The stories were great, especially the very last one, and the artwork throughout was really good. I think my main issue was that I don't think it was split fairly between the two. There was definitely more emphasis on Two-Face than on Riddler which is unfortunate because I found them both equally fascinating. I also didn't really care for the random Penguin story that came out of nowhere a ...more
Mike
May 03, 2016 Mike rated it it was amazing
A collection of Two-Face and Riddler stories published as a tie-in with the movie "Batman Forever." It includes the first appearances of both characters, which are historically interesting, but read like the 1940's era stories they are. Another Riddler story from the 60's is included, and is fairly forgettable.

The two gems of the collection are "Original Sins," the 1989 Batman villain special issue of Secret Origins, and "Eye of the Beholder," the 1990 Batman Annual. Collectively, these are stil
Bearded_Brewer
Jul 14, 2008 Bearded_Brewer rated it really liked it
Shelves: sequential-art
This was a nice collection of stories regarding the origins of two of Batman's foes, Two-face and the Riddler. I appreciated the reprinted issues that introduced both characters, despite how campy they were. It was interesting to read. The later written stories were interesting and provided a nice contrast or expansion to the original origin stories.
I admit that I always thought Two-Face was a slightly amusing character, but realy didn't like the Riddler much. This collection gave me a better p
Lucas
Jan 02, 2014 Lucas rated it really liked it
The Riddler is now and will probably always be my favorite Batman villain. That being said, I am happy to report that the Riddler comics assembled in this book are really good. A little corny, sure, but classic and entertaining. (Besides, I like corny.) Now, I can't say I'm as big of a fan of the Two-Face comics. I found them to be very predictable and somewhat cliche. However, if you're a fan of the Riddler (or if you'd like to see Two-Face's origin stories in one collection,) it's definitely w ...more
Jdetrick
The Riddler and Two-Face are among the most intriguing characters in Batman's Rogues' Gallery and well worth a book spotlighting them. It's somewhat disappointing that almost all of the stories this volume contains are origin stories, but they are fascinating origin stories, and well worth a read. Plus, there's very rare Neil Gaiman superhero work here, and that's always a treat!
Xander
Jun 29, 2009 Xander rated it really liked it
I have read only Neil Gaiman's entries "Original Sins" & "When is a Door." They really oporate as one story with the second half being much more interesting. A candid interview with the Riddler. Very well done! Full of a type of humor I very much appreciate (although he did just a riddle that he also used in MirrorMask).
Ralph
Mar 05, 2012 Ralph rated it really liked it
A nice mix of older Batman stories about the 2 villains and new stories that reinvented them for that era. It finishes with the reprinted story from Batman Annual #14 which holds sentimental value to me as it was one of the 1st Batman comics I ever bought.
J.R.
Oct 10, 2013 J.R. rated it really liked it
So naturally the early stories are cheesy and hard to take seriously, but the later ones, especially the Twoface tale, is remarkable. Wish they had went with more of it for the Dark Knight.
Matt Mazenauer
Jun 27, 2007 Matt Mazenauer rated it it was amazing
A great cross section of the histories of Riddler & Two-Face. Luckily, I can enjoy both the good ones and the laughably bad old ones in this.
Katie
Mar 07, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
You just can't beat the classic cheesy Batman stories.
dracary
dracary marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Robert Josef
Robert Josef rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Mario Cruz
Mario Cruz rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Shadowjac
Shadowjac rated it liked it
May 10, 2016
Chayce
Chayce rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Macacoteste
Macacoteste marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
James Murphy
James Murphy rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Aaron Sinner
Aaron Sinner rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2016
HBooks91
HBooks91 marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Michael Unterberg
Michael Unterberg rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 24, 2016
Jay Ant
Jay Ant marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Maarit
Maarit rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Andy Schmoll
Andy Schmoll marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Tonia Edwards
Tonia Edwards marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
VeloceRapper
VeloceRapper marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...