3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  745 ratings  ·  19 reviews

Meet three people with a little something special whose love lives are about
to turn wild, crazy, sensual, and oh-so-hot. Blame it on the moon? Sure. But
who's complaining, anyway...

New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster Once in a Blue
Moon
It's all because of that stupid blue moon. That's what Stan Tucker
thinks as he walks through Delicious, Ohio, sud

Published December 1st 2008 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Star Quality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Quality

R.G.
Each short story was so different even if they were all in the apparently very magical town of Delicious, Ohio… my favorite part about all these stories is they deal with normal people… it’s not 20 somethings with perfect bods and apparently never ending flow of cash so they can run around and do whatever they way… with Foster and Castell’s the main women are 40 or over… and all the women have normal lives and families and woes… and some blue moon problems… they’re light and fun and so sweet as...more
Cryna
Three Great Reads

Star Quality is an anthology by Lori Foster, Lucy Munroe and Dianne Castell.

First up is "Once In A Blue Moon" by Lori Foster. This sensual story is about Stan Tucker who's ability to read minds is enhanced during a blue moon, and what happens when he discovers that the widow owner of the Book Nook, Jenna Rowan, is having hot x-rated thoughts of him. Jenna is a person who he has wanted to make a play for and this turn of events plays into Stan's plans as he is taken back to find...more
Lady Lioness
I did my usual breakdown of each novella in this anthology, but on the whole, I have to say that this book reads as dated. It's primarily the technology level. Monroe's hero carries a 'Palm Pilot' and the hero in Castell's uses a camera with real film. I know I'm probably more tech-y than most, but it threw me out of the story a bit.

"Once in a Blue Moon" by Lori Foster: I really liked the premise and the emotional currents running through the novella, but I didn't think the execution was quite...more
Cindy
A 3 story paranormal anthology about a blue moon event in Delicious, Ohio. A town that plays up it's apple trees.

Lori Foster - 4 stars. Protected sex. A good LF story. Stan can read other people's thoughts every full moon, but when it's a BLUE moon they come through with a vengeance! Good thing, because Jenna wasn't ever planning on letting him know she has the hots for him. The end was the typical, I love you - marry me. It would have made the story better if they got to know each other for...more
Library
Aug 18, 2014 Library is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmmm. Three stories about a lunar event and the title focuses on stars?!? So many allusions to the moon would have been better.

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON by Lori Foster

I understand that the blue moon contributes to the uniqueness of this novella but too much time was spent focusing on it and sex which detracted from any romance in the story.

MOON MAGNETISM by Lucy Monroe

MOONSTRUCK by Dianne Castell
Lea
Once in a Blue Moon - 4 stars
Another fun Lori Foster read. Too short but great. I liked Stan and liked that he was the one reading her mind and making all the moves. Older characters and some hot sexual tension.

Moon Magnetism - 3 stars
Cute, interesting concept, but actually glad it was a short story cause it would have gotten too confusing otherwise. I liked Blake - sounded yummy!

Moonstruck - 2 stars
This one was so-so...could have been an interesting concept but it went too far... wishes could...more
Angie
I mostly liked these stories, but they were just too short. It had a little bit of fun stuff...blame it on the blue moon...but still gave you plenty of male/female interaction. I know these were short stores, but it seemed like they jumped into everything so soon and left you wanting a little more. While I enjoyed this set, I think I might stick to the longer stories just to get more bang for my buck. Ha! I really didn't not mean to make that play on words, but I guess it works either way. If yo...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
Basically everybody has said what i'm feeling about this book it was a good book i love all 3 but i really really like the first one...
great book to keep for your collection you will not be disappointed

Join my book group on Facebook (Romance Novel Junkies) and fan page (Romance Novel Junkies Book Reviews). We have over 500 members, which includes well known and indie authors and avid readers as members, who are apart of this group. We would love to hear about new books and thoughts. Also check o...more
Missy Jane
I love romances set in small towns, especially anthologies where the characters are connected. In this one three different couples in Delicious, Ohio are struck by the blue moon. All three stories are great romances with interesting characters. My favorite was Lori Foster's Once in a Blue Moon.
My only real complaint is the heroine in Dianne Castell's Moonstruck. She made a couple of boneheaded decisions but everything turned out well in the end.
Amy
This book was pretty meh. I've really liked what Lori Foster that I've read, but this one was a bit too sentimental and sappy. I know, it's a romance novel, but it lacked the zest of her earlier ones. I usually really like anything that deals with the moon and it's powers and magic and whatnot, but this wasn't that great.
Adriana Bookologist

Once in a Blue Moon by Lori Foster
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moon Magnetism by Lucy Monroe
3 Stars-I enjoyed this short story.

Moonstruck by Dianne Castell
It was okay.
Sandy
Too brief; I would prefer full-length novels but you get what you buy/borrow. Not much to say because of the briefness. I don't think the stories were fully developed because of this. 2/5 stars.
Ltlmer2
good short reads

I liked all the characters and the fact that they were a little oolder.
Erika
Really enjoyed all three stories! Would definitely read this book again : )
Tabatha
It was a good book but I dont really have much to say about it
Di
story 1 & 2 were ok, but number 3, was utter crap.
Sneha
Wonderful stories! Short,sassy and sexy!!
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Some really cool LOVE fantasy stories.
Sarah is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Charity Beacock
Charity Beacock marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Dare Me
  • Charmed (Harmony #0.5 included; Winston Brothers #2 included)
  • Rough Around the Edges
  • Surf's Up
  • Naughty or Nice?

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro...more
More about Lori Foster...
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4) Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1)