Start by marking “Becoming Miss Becky (Gardiner, Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Becoming Miss Becky (Gardiner, Texas, #2)

Becoming Miss Becky (Gardiner, Texas #2)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  152 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
A sheriff with a stone-cold reputation. An innocent madam hell-bent on disturbing his peace. Who will be the first to give in? Rebecca Hamilton passed through life as bland as biscuits-until the day she buried her father and fled out West with a fortune in stolen jewelry. She arrives in Gardiner, Texas to find her aunt has bequeathed to her the only whorehouse in town. Wit ...more
Nook
Published September 23rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Becoming Miss Becky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming Miss Becky

Dina
Feb 26, 2012 Dina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Adam, scowling at any man fool enough to get close to his Rebecca:

Photobucket

And do you think this poor guy has any chance because he's already got his hand on his gun and Adam, the sheriff with an itchy, happy finger trigger, hasn't drawn his yet? Ha!

Photobucket
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Second book of Gardiner, Texas. And like the first one, its an enjoyable read. Maybe not as much fun as the first one but reading Adam Caldwell, the most badass sheriff in Gardiner finally met his match. One thing I like about this series is the setting. I love the western vibes and the townspeople especially the Chickens. I just wish there's more from this series. Definitely worth the time, entertaining read.

photo tumblr_mhjxy2Fnr51rumna5o1_400_zps2a1b2872.jpg
♡Karlyn P♡
3.5 stars. A cute campy western historical. Reminds me of those old 1950's comedy westerns with over the top action and some bad dialog, but still a fun ride.
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I quick and fun tale involving a woman on the run, an inherited whorehouse and a sherriff with a fondness for shooting people!
Kristen
This was an okay read. No where near as good as first book, but still a fun read.
Karla
Mar 13, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable book, but not as good as Taming Eliza. I loved Adam and his edgy, obnoxious ways. He’s found his match in Rebecca, a plain Jane who’s been suppressed way to long, and now she’s ready to let loose. Lots of funny moments and snappy dialogue, but I did not feel the passion between them as much as I did with Will and Eliza. Oh they had some moments, but it leaped off the pages in first book. It was great to revisit with the townsfolk of Gardiner, still griping at each other, with the wh ...more
Tere
No stars. Sorry, this was one bad book. I grabbed it on the way out of town for a 4 hour drive to the high desert of Texas. I was stuck in a car with only this book to read or I could count tumbleweeds. I should have counted the tumbleweeds.

Oh MY GOSH! Two someones gave this book 5 stars! It is pure crap. Yeah, it has lots of sexual vibes but the author's use of the English language + Texas vernacular was horrendous. She needs to write what she knows instead of trying to talk Texan. @@ Hopefully
♥ Beth
Sep 11, 2009 ♥ Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys
After reading and loving Taming Eliza Jane, I had to continue on with the second book to get Sheriff Adam and Rebbecca's story! This one was also a fun, light historical western romance and I enjoyed it, just not as much as the first one. I give it 3.5 stars.
Mikaela
Feb 29, 2012 Mikaela rated it liked it

I read and enjoyed the Kowalski books by Shannon Stacey, so when I discovered that she had written historicals, I decided to buy one of them. It took awhile before I read it, but in the end I am glad I did. This was an fun read. It was fascinating to follow Adam's and Becky's relationship. From the start, when she is a bland mouse, through her determination to rule her own life, to their HEA.
I loved the characters. Becky might look like a mouse, but she have a lot of courage. Both when it comes
Roselover24
Mar 27, 2015 Roselover24 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
this was cute. what is fun is reading older books from authors you love seeing how thier writing has matured. i enjoyed this story Miss Becky is special sweet an oppressed woman who finds freedom going from mousey to a painted lady. Adam its the sheriff with a terribly itchy trigger finger. these two are hot together and sweet .
Joy
The sheriff of Gardiner Texas falls for a young woman who arrives in town, fleeing a greedy supposed-fiance. Turns out the heroine has inherited her aunt's whorehouse--and seems very drawn to the role of madam. Too drawn for the sheriff's taste. An almost campy western, if you ignore the body count; Stacey seems to.
Ruth
Very enjoyable, cartoonish follow-up to Taming Eliza Jane by Shannon Stacey. Similar plot, same secondary characters, fast-paced and fun. Lovely bit of fluff to entertain.
Vee
Jun 23, 2012 Vee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-cloud
Adam Caldwell is a sheriff with a stone cold reputation. Innocent Rebecca Hamilton travels to TX, after the death of her father, as her aunt has bequeathed a whorehouse in Gardiner TX, called the Chicken Coop. Very funny.
Sharon
I loved this book! I loved the humor, the premise of the story, and the action scenes toward the end of the book. I gave this book to one of my son's babysitters and she loved it so much she passed it on to her mom.
Julie
Jun 12, 2011 Julie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book formulaic and predictable, as well as wildly unrealistic (not unexpected in a romance).
Laylah
improbable plot and characterization, problematic pacing, a little bit more entertaining than the prequel.
SheLove2Read
May 12, 2013 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Another "it's not you, it's me". Didn't find the characters worth reading about.
Ann (Noumena12)
Quick, enjoyable read with GREAT characters.
Glenda Bettin
Jul 21, 2014 Glenda Bettin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved this series
Carmen Lema
Carmen Lema marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
JfCr
JfCr marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
*Jill*
*Jill* marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Delight Chandler
Delight Chandler rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Maja
Maja marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Betsi Lamkin
Betsi Lamkin marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Denise Whited
Denise Whited marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
April
April marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
  • Sunrise Over Texas
  • Archer's Lady (Bloodhounds, #3)
  • Hell for Leather (Malloy Family, #8)
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • The Rose of Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #1)
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Sweet Lullaby
  • Five Card Stud (Eclipse Heat, #5)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • A Christmas for Carrie (Feeling the Heat, #2.5)
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • Song of Seduction (Seduction, #1)
  • Caleb (Circle Eight, #3)
  • Rebel (The Blades of the Rose, #3)
  • Starting from Scratch
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Shannon Stacey lives with her husband and two sons in New England, where her favorite activities are writing romance and really random tweets when she’s not riding her ATV. She loves mud, books, football & watching way too much TV.
More about Shannon Stacey...

Gardiner, Texas (2 books)
  • Taming Eliza Jane (Gardiner, Texas #1)