Start by marking “Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)” as Want to Read:
Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)

Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail #4)

Dermot Michael Coyne isn't sure what he's gotten himself into. Nuala Anne McGrail, that beautiful and vivacious "Celtic witch" has finally agreed to marry him. But they've barely tied the knot when Nuala's psychic "spells" begin again. Visions of a burning castle, the captain of the infamous "Black and Tan" police force, a wild woman from Chicago, and bloodshed--all someho ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Forge Books (first published February 15th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Irish Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Mist

Barbara
Jul 03, 2014 Barbara rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the author's use of Irish vernacular and phrasing in the conversations between the characters. While this is definitely a novel, there is some accurate historical background in terms of The Troubles in Ireland. The story is entertaining and held my attention; I would recommend it to others.

Dermot Michael Coyne isn't sure what he's gotten himself into. Nuala Anne McGrail, his beautiful, vivacious and fey wife have barely married when Nuala's psychic "spells" begin again (this is
Rachel
Dec 31, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I've truly liked the books of this series. There are some mystical elements that are a bit strange, but the characters are interesting and have mostly good morals. All in all, these are good mysteries. They are written well also although I was surprised at the level of eroticism considering the series is by a priest.
In each book,the couple solves at least one older often ancient mystery and a current-time mystery that are slightly connected as well as work through a crisis in their relationship
Susan Phelan
Hmmm. Love the Irish voice. The two mail characters were fun, if a little too perfect. WAAAYY too much Irish history. It was not enough to make me totally understand the era/history (I'd need to have read the history section like a textbook, perhaps with a map and taking notes) but too much to keep me from wanting to skim. Payoff in the end fell kind of flat. But I did enjoy it enough to read the others in the series if I run into them.
Barb
Oct 24, 2012 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greeley knows SO much about Irish history that it's hard to follow at times. Fortunately, his characters are so much fun, it's worth the concentration to keep up. I love Galway, so the setting was a major plus. I haven't read anything by him in so long, I had forgotten about the overlapping stories -- maybe I need to go back and re-read some of his other works!
Beth
Aug 10, 2007 Beth rated it really liked it
Series should be read in order. All about Chicago, Catholicism, Irish immigrants, families, etc. Not excellent, but I read them all, because someone gave them all to me. Each book has an "inside" story about Irish history contained within, my least favorite part of each book, so that I very often skipped those parts...bad Beth.
Blair T
Nov 08, 2013 Blair T rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book. It just never got off the ground and there was no edge to the mystery. The greatest mystery of the book was whether the lead characters would finally have an all-out, no holds barred shag. That they did was no surprise, but neither was much else in the book. I won't be looking to read any other Nuala Anne epics.
Lawrence
Apr 13, 2013 Lawrence rated it did not like it
There is some Irish history hidden in this book somewhere, mostly about "The Troubles". Vague references, back & forth, round & round-hard to keep track who is saying what. Andrew M. Greeley obsessed with sex and foul language. I don't know why he became a man of the cloth. I would not recommend this book.
Christopher
Apr 05, 2012 Christopher rated it really liked it
I really do enjoy the Nuala Anne mysteries. They're quite different than the typical fare out there, and when you add in all the Irish history and stories (as well as the ribald humour), Andrew M. Greeley's books always make for a simply fabulous read
Pat Baratta
Dec 02, 2009 Pat Baratta rated it really liked it
These Nuala Anne McGrail novels are about an Irish family and their trials and tribulations. Greeley is another great writer and. These novels are all enjoyable. You can't wait for the next one to come out.
Allison Masters
Jan 12, 2012 Allison Masters rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite book in the series because you got a glimpse of what was going on inside Nuala's head.
Katie
Jul 27, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read some bad book but I could not make myself finish this one. The story jumped around so much I could not follow it.
Joyce McKune
Jun 29, 2010 Joyce McKune rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The couple go back to Ireland for a benefit concert and to learn who killed O'Higgins during the troubles.
Katherine
Mar 25, 2012 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Finally, we get inside Nuala Anne's head. I like the series. I can't wait to read the next book.
Mary
May 05, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This required me to be alone to read and I am never alone. The constant interruptions did not allow me to read. It was very full of historical information.
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2008
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2010
Geri
Geri rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2011
Janell Work
Janell Work rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Sarah Peralta
Sarah Peralta rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2011
Vicky
Vicky rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2013
Neena
Neena rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2012
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Valerie Sebesta
Valerie Sebesta rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2016
Patti
Patti rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2010
Zanne Baker
Zanne Baker rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
May 23, 2012
Jai
Jai rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2010
  • Black Collar (Uncommon Rebels Trilogy, #1)
  • Endangered (Summer Westin Mystery, #1)
  • Jasmyn
  • The Cavalier in White (Joanna Stark, #1)
  • To See Your Face Again (Savannah Quartet, #2)
  • Tooth & Nail (The Withrow Chronicles #2)
  • Leaves of Hope
  • Tuesday the Rabbi Saw Red
  • A Secret and Unlawful Killing (Burren Mysteries, #2)
  • Zero at the Bone
  • The Hatbox Baby
  • Irish Blood
  • The Jasmine Trade
  • Desert Wives (A Lena Jones Mystery #2)
  • The Art of Disappearing
  • Tide Ever Rising
  • The Spiritualist
  • Circle Of Five (A Cass Shipton Mystery, #1)
Andrew Greeley was a Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, journalist, and author of 50 best-selling novels and more than 100 works of nonfiction. For decades, Greeley entertained readers with such popular characters as the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. His books typically center on Irish-American Roman Catholics living or working in Chicago.

htt
More about Andrew M. Greeley...

Nuala Anne McGrail (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1)
  • Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2)
  • Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3)
  • Irish Eyes (Nuala Anne McGrail, #5)
  • Irish Love (Nuala Anne McGrail, #6)
  • Irish Stew! (Nuala Anne McGrail, #7)
  • Irish Cream (Nuala Anne McGrail, #8)
  • Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail, #9)
  • Irish Linen (Nuala Anne McGrail, #10)
  • Irish Tiger (Nuala Anne McGrail, #11)