Start by marking “Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)” as Want to Read:
Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)

Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Dermot Michael Coyne isn't sure what he's gotten himself into. Nuala Anne McGrail, that beautiful and vivacious "Celtic witch" has finally agreed to marry him. But they've barely tied the knot when Nuala's psychic "spells" begin again. Visions of a burning castle, the captain of the infamous "Black and Tan" police force, a wild woman from Chicago, and bloodshed--all someho ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Forge Books (first published February 15th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Irish Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Irish Mist

Barbara
I really enjoyed the author's use of Irish vernacular and phrasing in the conversations between the characters. While this is definitely a novel, there is some accurate historical background in terms of The Troubles in Ireland. The story is entertaining and held my attention; I would recommend it to others.

Dermot Michael Coyne isn't sure what he's gotten himself into. Nuala Anne McGrail, his beautiful, vivacious and fey wife have barely married when Nuala's psychic "spells" begin again (this is
Christie Owens
Didn't get past page 85. Guess I am just not patient enough....
Rachel
I've truly liked the books of this series. There are some mystical elements that are a bit strange, but the characters are interesting and have mostly good morals. All in all, these are good mysteries. They are written well also although I was surprised at the level of eroticism considering the series is by a priest.
In each book,the couple solves at least one older often ancient mystery and a current-time mystery that are slightly connected as well as work through a crisis in their relationship
Susan Phelan
Hmmm. Love the Irish voice. The two mail characters were fun, if a little too perfect. WAAAYY too much Irish history. It was not enough to make me totally understand the era/history (I'd need to have read the history section like a textbook, perhaps with a map and taking notes) but too much to keep me from wanting to skim. Payoff in the end fell kind of flat. But I did enjoy it enough to read the others in the series if I run into them.
Barb
Greeley knows SO much about Irish history that it's hard to follow at times. Fortunately, his characters are so much fun, it's worth the concentration to keep up. I love Galway, so the setting was a major plus. I haven't read anything by him in so long, I had forgotten about the overlapping stories -- maybe I need to go back and re-read some of his other works!
Blair T
I was disappointed in this book. It just never got off the ground and there was no edge to the mystery. The greatest mystery of the book was whether the lead characters would finally have an all-out, no holds barred shag. That they did was no surprise, but neither was much else in the book. I won't be looking to read any other Nuala Anne epics.
Beth
Series should be read in order. All about Chicago, Catholicism, Irish immigrants, families, etc. Not excellent, but I read them all, because someone gave them all to me. Each book has an "inside" story about Irish history contained within, my least favorite part of each book, so that I very often skipped those parts...bad Beth.
Larry
There is some Irish history hidden in this book somewhere, mostly about "The Troubles". Vague references, back & forth, round & round-hard to keep track who is saying what. Andrew M. Greeley obsessed with sex and foul language. I don't know why he became a man of the cloth. I would not recommend this book.
Christopher King
I really do enjoy the Nuala Anne mysteries. They're quite different than the typical fare out there, and when you add in all the Irish history and stories (as well as the ribald humour), Andrew M. Greeley's books always make for a simply fabulous read
Pat Baratta
These Nuala Anne McGrail novels are about an Irish family and their trials and tribulations. Greeley is another great writer and. These novels are all enjoyable. You can't wait for the next one to come out.
Mary
This required me to be alone to read and I am never alone. The constant interruptions did not allow me to read. It was very full of historical information.
Katie
I read some bad book but I could not make myself finish this one. The story jumped around so much I could not follow it.
Allison Masters
I think this was my favorite book in the series because you got a glimpse of what was going on inside Nuala's head.
Katherine
I love this book. Finally, we get inside Nuala Anne's head. I like the series. I can't wait to read the next book.
Joyce McKune
The couple go back to Ireland for a benefit concert and to learn who killed O'Higgins during the troubles.
Heather Clark
I was slow to get into this one - but I do love Nuala
Anne books. All in all, it wasn't bad.
Cathy
May 03, 2011 Cathy added it
Wow, do not remember a THING about this book - guess that means I can read it again!
Pat Wolf-bennett
I have read several Nuala Anne books and find the history in them fascinating.
Carol
Setting and plot twists are captivating.
Mark
For bored and patient readers only.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
June
June marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Elizabeth Z
Elizabeth Z marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Endangered (Summer Westin Mystery, #1)
  • Jasmyn
  • Tuesday the Rabbi Saw Red
  • Haunting Refrain
  • A Secret and Unlawful Killing (Burren Mysteries, #2)
  • The Cavalier in White (Joanna Stark, #1)
  • To See Your Face Again (Savannah Quartet, #2)
  • Tooth & Nail (The Withrow Chronicles, #2)
  • Zero at the Bone
  • Through the Window (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #12.5)
  • The Art of Disappearing
  • Under the Moon's Shadow (Shadows Collection/Leroy's Sins, #2)
  • The Jasmine Trade
  • Desert Wives (A Lena Jones Mystery #2)
  • Spider Light
  • The Spiritualist
  • The Hatbox Baby
  • Swan Loch
Andrew Greeley was a Roman Catholic priest, sociologist, journalist, and author of 50 best-selling novels and more than 100 works of nonfiction. For decades, Greeley entertained readers with such popular characters as the mystery-solving priest Blackie Ryan and the fey, amateur sleuth Nuala Anne McGrail. His books typically center on Irish-American Roman Catholics living or working in Chicago.

htt
More about Andrew M. Greeley...

Nuala Anne McGrail (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1)
  • Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2)
  • Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3)
  • Irish Eyes (Nuala Anne McGrail, #5)
  • Irish Love (Nuala Anne McGrail, #6)
  • Irish Stew! (Nuala Anne McGrail, #7)
  • Irish Cream (Nuala Anne McGrail, #8)
  • Irish Crystal (Nuala Anne McGrail, #9)
  • Irish Linen (Nuala Anne McGrail, #10)
  • Irish Tiger (Nuala Anne McGrail, #11)
Irish Gold (Nuala Anne McGrail, #1) The Cardinal Sins Irish Lace (Nuala Anne McGrail, #2) Irish Whiskey (Nuala Anne McGrail, #3) The Bishop and the Beggar Girl of St. Germain (Blackie Ryan, #13)