Start by marking “Windows 7 For Dummies ” as Want to Read:
Windows 7 For Dummies

Windows 7 For Dummies

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  128 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews

The perfect plain-English guide to the much-anticipated release of Windows 7

"Windows For Dummies" is the all-time bestselling guide to the Windows operating system. "Windows 7 For Dummies" answers all your questions about the interface adjustments and all the new tools in Windows 7.

Whether you're new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows,

Paperback, Book + DVD bundle, 408 pages
Published October 12th 2009 by For Dummies (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Windows 7 For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows 7 For Dummies

Terri Lynn
Apr 10, 2013 Terri Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to review this though I read it years ago. My computer died and we bought a brand new one with this monstrosity called Windows 8 which has me pining for my beloved Windows 7. This is a good book that will take you through step-by-step learning about how to use Windows 7 and if you have the option of buying a used computer with Windows 7 on it versus a new one with Windows 8, GRAB the used one with Windows 7. Windows 8 was developed by some psychopathic, anti-social people-hating tech n ...more
Richard
I forgot I read this book last year when I picked it up again (July 2011) at the library. The Dummies series of books is generally OK, and this one is no exception. I get the feeling that the same book is simply revised and republished each time a new Windows comes out. The material goes from the REALLY basic (I think everyone by now knows what the Internet is) to Intermediate level (e.g., intelligently changing your firewall settings). The writing style is breezy, sometimes bordering on being a ...more
Penny
Aug 18, 2012 Penny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wish the author did not have a monopoly on these editions for FOR DUMMIES. His material is chaotic, he is anti-knowledge, anti-science -- constanting siding with the reader who he assumes is lazy and unmotivated. Nudge nudge, Wink wink. We don't have to know that do we? That's for the nerds from Animal House. Being dumb about computers, science or math doesn't mean stupid and illiterate.

Because the material is chaotic, it's hard to redflag or highlight something and expect to find it again ba
Trilok Reddy
only a book i will recommend for people who had never used windows in their life
Boots S
Very helpful for one who finds computers difficult to. Use
Elizabeth
May 13, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Where do you go for good advice about a windows/computer problem when your son has left for college? This is a good first choice. Not too technical, informative and useful for beginners, this is a useful primer on the basics of the Windows 7 world. With this tome, I became the go-to expert on Windows at home. What a surprise!
Oct 04, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
LoL .. this is being well used right by my computer!
Ersatz
Ersatz rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Donavan
Donavan rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Ifonly
Ifonly rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2016
Greg Purinton
Greg Purinton marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
lawrence henderson
lawrence henderson rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2016
Deborah Christian
Deborah Christian rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Jenni  HAMILTON
Jenni HAMILTON rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Carol Pickett
Carol Pickett rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Prestig_en
Prestig_en marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Cheryl'S Bookshelf
Cheryl'S Bookshelf rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Dennis Caldon
Dennis Caldon rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
M D
M D rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2016
Patricia Goodspeed
Patricia Goodspeed rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Frank Bruni
Frank Bruni rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Elizabeth Chipman
Elizabeth Chipman rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
John Weis
John Weis rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Gerald
Gerald added it
Feb 07, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jenifer Morris
Jenifer Morris rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2016
  • Twitter for Dummies
  • The Art & Craft of Playwriting
  • The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers
  • Touchpoints 3 to 6
  • The Best International Recipe: A Home Cook's Guide To The Best Recipes In The World (Best Recipe Classics) (A Best Recipe Classic)
  • Burn Before Reading: Presidents, CIA Directors, and Secret Intelligence
  • Under the Influence: A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism
  • New Choices in Natural Healing: Over 1,800 of the Best Self-Help Remedies from the World of Alternative Medicine
  • 78 Reasons Why Your Book May Never Be Published and 14 Reasons Why It Just Might
  • Creating Fiction