Start by marking “Windows 7 For Dummies ” as Want to Read:
Windows 7 For Dummies

Windows 7 For Dummies

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  7 reviews

The perfect plain-English guide to the much-anticipated release of Windows 7

"Windows For Dummies" is the all-time bestselling guide to the Windows operating system. "Windows 7 For Dummies" answers all your questions about the interface adjustments and all the new tools in Windows 7.

Whether you're new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows,

Paperback, Book + DVD bundle, 408 pages
Published October 12th 2009 by For Dummies (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Windows 7 For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows 7 For Dummies

Terri Lynn
I decided to review this though I read it years ago. My computer died and we bought a brand new one with this monstrosity called Windows 8 which has me pining for my beloved Windows 7. This is a good book that will take you through step-by-step learning about how to use Windows 7 and if you have the option of buying a used computer with Windows 7 on it versus a new one with Windows 8, GRAB the used one with Windows 7. Windows 8 was developed by some psychopathic, anti-social people-hating tech n ...more
Richard
I forgot I read this book last year when I picked it up again (July 2011) at the library. The Dummies series of books is generally OK, and this one is no exception. I get the feeling that the same book is simply revised and republished each time a new Windows comes out. The material goes from the REALLY basic (I think everyone by now knows what the Internet is) to Intermediate level (e.g., intelligently changing your firewall settings). The writing style is breezy, sometimes bordering on being a ...more
Penny
I wish the author did not have a monopoly on these editions for FOR DUMMIES. His material is chaotic, he is anti-knowledge, anti-science -- constanting siding with the reader who he assumes is lazy and unmotivated. Nudge nudge, Wink wink. We don't have to know that do we? That's for the nerds from Animal House. Being dumb about computers, science or math doesn't mean stupid and illiterate.

Because the material is chaotic, it's hard to redflag or highlight something and expect to find it again ba
A
An OK book.It misses some stuff,but is good for the average dummy,pun intended
Trilok Reddy
only a book i will recommend for people who had never used windows in their life
Elizabeth
Where do you go for good advice about a windows/computer problem when your son has left for college? This is a good first choice. Not too technical, informative and useful for beginners, this is a useful primer on the basics of the Windows 7 world. With this tome, I became the go-to expert on Windows at home. What a surprise!
LoL .. this is being well used right by my computer!
Miriam L. Barton
Miriam L. Barton marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Ilias joy
Ilias joy marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
M. B. Smelow
M. B. Smelow marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
James Tripp
James Tripp marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Jehangir S. Vazifdar
Jehangir S. Vazifdar marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Dec 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Windows 8 for Dummies Windows XP for Dummies Windows 8.1 For Dummies Windows Vista for Dummies Upgrading & Fixing PCs for Dummies