Start by marking “Red School” as Want to Read:
Red School

Red School

Washington reporter Brian Mason's article is about to expose a government black op that will be a turning point in his career...but only if he can survive the night. Brian has unearthed details on Red School, a government-run school where the curriculum includes killing. Noal Cavanaugh and five other orphans were taken thirteen years ago to a remote and forgotten section ...more
Published October 20th 2009 by Minor Planet Press

To ask other readers questions about Red School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red School

Debbie
Jul 08, 2010 Debbie rated it it was amazing
My husband read this, too, and really liked it. We both give it 5 stars. It's a fast read and would make a great movie -- hey Hollywood! We're looking forward to reading the other two books in this series.
Katty
Mar 24, 2011 Katty rated it really liked it
Shelves: addictive, 2010
This blew my expectations out of the water. I had taken a break from this book very early on in reading it, due to another book series that I was pressed into reading and let me just say that makes me sad, now knowing what I had missed out on for a while. When I picked this back up, I decided to go back to the beginning and I didn't really put it down after that. Dishes and laundry went undone for the day, the phone was left unanswered, I just read.

The character development was wonderful, the p
Jen
Dec 25, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
I'm giving this book five stars, despite it not being of the genre that I would typically be drawn to. It was a quick and very enjoyable read and the plot pulled me in very quickly. The convincing writing made a somewhat far-fetched scenario seem quite believable (which is a bit scary - it makes you think)! The book had a distinct conclusion, yet I'm very anxious to see what comes next for Noal and his cohort. Red School represents an outstanding debut book for Bryce Holt, and I'm anxious to see ...more
Caroline
Jul 16, 2012 Caroline rated it really liked it
Recommended to Caroline by: Mark
Really fun romp through and interesting twist on the spy thriller genre. Author did a great job of managing multiple characters, building suspense, and setting the groundwork for a series.

Best 99 cents I've spent on a kindle book!

Bottom line: I immediately purchased the 2nd and looked for the 3rd upon finishing the first, so that kind of says it all. Highly recommended to anyone interested in the genre and looking for a quick summer read.
Brandee
Dec 14, 2009 Brandee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: book clubs; those who like suspense or conspiracy theories
Recommended to Brandee by: Joanna Miller
A true page turner, the attention to detail that Holt uses to make his characters and plot come alive, is unique and refreshing. Red School, an excellent book club selection, will no doubt cause you to consider the moral drivers that determine right from wrong, and whether there indeed is an area that lies somewhere in the middle.
Jami Goodwin
Nov 29, 2009 Jami Goodwin rated it it was amazing
A thrilling novel. It opens as if it were an action movie, and the pace does not stop! I was very surprised to find myself on a bit of a moral journey with the characters, however. Holt reminds me of a more accessible Tom Clancy--action packed, but not afraid to make you think. An excellent first novel in a series I know I'll make sure to finish.
Doug Schasteen
Jun 23, 2010 Doug Schasteen rated it really liked it
A great concept and a stellar beginning and ending. It is a little slow in the middle as it works through the details but the payoff is worth it as a great introduction to a series that just gets better with each book. I've read through this one twice. So far everyone I have lent the book to has enjoyed it.
Joanna Miller
Nov 27, 2009 Joanna Miller rated it it was amazing
Red School and its characters invite you to explore the moral gray area between right and wrong. I'm excited to share Red School with my friends to hear their perspectives about whether the plot opens up the door to a world of heroes or trained assassins. This is definitely a page turner, and it will be a great selection for book club. I can't wait to read the next novel in this series!

Katy Edwards
Sep 23, 2013 Katy Edwards rated it it was amazing
A fabulous book with a phenomenal voice. The story-telling is strong, the plot thick, and the characters engaging. I have enjoyed this sires and cannot wait for it to continue!
Julia
May 05, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it
Very fast read, very enjoyable. I am going to read the sequel. It has some edge-of-your seat moments. And a crazy awesome end.
Susan Bell
Nov 01, 2010 Susan Bell rated it it was amazing
This book is great and the sequel "Little Island" is just as awesome. Can't wait to see what Holt dishes up for his next book.
Colleen
Dec 20, 2011 Colleen rated it it was amazing
This book kept me reading until 2 a.m. Over Thanksgiving break- it was wonderful! I'm annoyed that I didn't bring the 2nd book with me on our trip!
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Debi
Debi rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
Tony
Tony rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
Tim
Tim rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2010
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2010
Mark
Dec 11, 2010 Mark rated it really liked it
Excellent adventure.
Loved all the midwest connections.
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2011
Stacy Farr
Stacy Farr rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2010
James
James rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2014
Sarah Page
Sarah Page rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Amanda
Nov 27, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Exciting beyond words! The pace of the book runs faster than Maurice Green.
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2010
Eileen Kranz
Eileen Kranz rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2011
Kyle Holt
Jan 12, 2010 Kyle Holt rated it it was amazing
Of course this book is awesome!
Ben Cigich
Ben Cigich rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2010
Kate
Kate rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2012
Kent
Kent rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012