Start by marking “Storm Over the Lake” as Want to Read:
Storm Over the Lake

Storm Over the Lake (MacFadden Romance #139)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Three years ago, spirited reporter Dana Meredith had ruined--and lost--the only man she'd ever loved.

Now businessman Adrian Devereaux seemed bent on evening the score with the woman who'd cost him his empire--and his heart. Dana felt as though she was facing time in hell and her boss was the devil himself And yet...there were those precious moments when Adrian swept Dana o
Published August 2009 by Harlequin (first published 1979)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Over the Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Over the Lake

Amanda Sheila
I don't know what to say about this book. I mean, I have this love-hate relationship to this one.

I love how awful Adrian treated Dana, because I knew eventually he'll grovel and beg for her forgiveness. But on the other hand, I hate this book because the ending is too quick and I feel like Adrian needs to beg more.

Overall I enjoyed this book.
Inspire
Oh man where to begin? Talk about a tiring book. What I mean by tiring was I got really tired of the story. I just wanted to wrap it up because I had read so far an was curious as to how the Hero would redeem himself.

(view spoiler)
Anya
This is of the few books I just couldn't bring myself to finish. There's formulaic and then there's form novels. Change the names and places, shuffle the confrontations around and you have any of her earlier works.

This one includes the standard sweet, innocent, desperate, misunderstood ingenue complete with nightmares. A standard rich, overly masculine, scheming, tortured and grouchy "hero" nearly 2 decades her senior complete with scheming, gold-digging feme-fatal mistress and loyal mother fig
Kay
Mar 01, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
This is an emotional read with angst upon angst ... a delicious read! Dana's determined not to show Adrian just how much she cares and Adrian is determined to make Dana feel something, even if it's hate. Both have tough lessons to learn, and learning them is like a roller coaster ride. If you reach for this one, you'll find yourself absorbed from the first page.
Jenny
I love the banter between the two main characters. What can I say I love bantering? Not sure what the title has to do with the story though. As I'm reading Diana Palmer's backlog I have actually noticed a lot of times the title has nothing to do with the story.
Giada
cotto e mangiato. mi ha presi subito, anche se la storia manca di originalitâ
Chanpreet
Traditional Diana Palmer.
marilyn camacho
marilyn camacho marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Becky
Becky added it
Jan 14, 2015
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Sapphire Bengier
Sapphire Bengier marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Oct 24, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Arlene
Arlene added it
Oct 18, 2014
  • Response
  • No Way to Begin
  • Dark Master
  • No Longer Mine
  • Angel of Darkness (Lynne Graham Collection, #9)
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Roman's Heart
  • Ready & Willing (Kentucky Derby, #2)
  • His Boardroom Mistress
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #11)
  • Tamed: The Barbarian King (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #2)
  • Captive in His Bed (Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Gypsy
  • Melting Fire

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

MacFadden Romance (1 - 10 of 269 books)
  • Sweet Deception (MacFadden Romance, #1)
  • The Widow and the Wanderer (MacFadden Romance, #2)
  • First Love (MacFadden Romance, #3)
  • Dawn of Love (MacFadden Romance, #4)
  • The Ivory Princess (MacFadden Romance, #5)
  • The Way of Love (MacFadden Romance, #6)
  • Light of Love (MacFadden Romance, #7)
  • Blue Skies, White Sands (MacFadden Romance, #8)
  • The Winds of Paradise (MacFadden Romance, #9)
  • Night of the Tempest (MacFadden Romance, #10)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)