Virtually His (Virtually, #1)

Virtually His (Virtually #1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  204 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Chosen to be the ultimate secret operative, Helen Roston has become the most dangerous woman in the world. Two years of training and she's now ready for the final phase—a risky combination of virtual reality and a mind-altering serum.

When her mysterious and faceless "trainer" syncs his mind to hers using the program, she's amazed at her sizzling response to his virtual tou...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Mira Books (first published May 1st 2007)

Stacy McKitrick
The book is marked as a romantice suspense. It should say - THIS BOOK WILL PISS YOU OFF!

I'm giving this 2 stars for the following reason: IT DID NOT END. No where on the book cover or blurb did this indicate a series. Even so, it should have had a satisfying ending. It did not.

It was also clearly NOT a romance! But if you like techy virtual reality stuff, you'd probably like this book. I went in expecting something totally different and was sorely disappointed.
ElaineY
Note: 2 stars is for half the book I managed to struggle through.

I can't continue. The sci-fi element is overwhelming the whole story! I'm seriously pissed off because I waited years (!) for Jed's story and while I enjoyed what little interaction Jed had with Hell, it was such a drag trying to follow that futuristic experiment of trying to create super soldier spies. This is actually my second attempt to read this. The first time I got so confused as to what was going on and this second time, I...more
Amanda
First of all, this book is a bit too technical for me to remember all the names, technical terms or the operation. The plot is beyond confusing that half the time I don't what is happening with the mission. So bear with me that I'm only going to describe what is happening between the H/h.

Helen aka 'Hell', is the military experimental subject who is being trained to be some kind of super spy. She had this rare ability to remote view through virtual reality and able to cope with the serum than mos...more
Samantha
This book was the basic setup of a new series. It was at parts very interesting and at times very boring. I think individual concepts of remote viewing and virtual reality are interesting, but that a government agency would create a unit that could do both is fascinating. However, the time it takes to really explain both in a way that an average reader would understand is draining. I didn't think that there was any real romance in this book because it's based in virtual reality. Think the Sims g...more
La La
I loved this book. The Heroine was cocky and was a good match for emotionless Jeb. I think out of all the female characters only she could bring him out of himself and make him lose some semblance of his control. + it was about time that we heard Jeb's story instead of him always being that silent but compelling shadow in the background of everyone else's story.

There wasn't much romance in this book since the heroine spent most of the book trying to figure out who her invisible handler was. I re...more
Monique
Virtual reality, supersoldier-spies, yummy guys, kick-ass women, and a healthy dose of off the wall sexual tension. I loved this book, even though it took me three reads to get the hero and even though it was the first Gennita Low book I read. I highly recommend that you read her books in order. This is a very cerebral book, mind games dominate the plotline. I'm only giving this 4 stars because there is at least one, and possibly two, more books in this story. This is not the end.
JPerceval
I saved this book to read until the other two books in the set, Virtually Hers and Virtually One came out. Little did I know that I was going to have such a long, long wait! But, at long last, Samhain is releasing Virtually Hers this week, so I finally got around to re-entering the wonderfully complex world of Gennita Low with Virtually His.

Click here for full review
Nenia Campbell
You can read my reviews on my blog, The Armchair Librarian!

Well. This was interesting.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about Virtually His. It wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it also wasn't as bad as I'd feared. Science-fiction/romance crossovers are tricky bits of business because you're writing for a nerdier clientele who want some brain with that booty. But at the same time, you also have to balance the sex and romance with the world-building.

Virtually His takes place in a government testing...more
Angela
The writing is just terrible. Only 56 pages in and I just can't take it anymore. Our heroine has three names,and our hero doesn't even have one. The acronyms are ridiculous and don't even make sense. The stereotyped "tough chick" from the streets of Russia and the mysterious "trainer" or "monitor" (no, our author can't stick to one word/name for pretty much anything. ARRRGGG.
Carolyn Davis
first few pages alittle boring then got into the real story and started moving along, the interactio9n among charactors was true to life, and blended well with each other
A good romance/action book, Hell and Hades make a good team,the sparing between them, the best of the book, looking forward to the next in this series.
Miranda
"Can you figure out who is the sexy rouge spy that controls you?"

Visit my blog, Sweet Vernal Zephyr Reviews, for the full length review of Virtually His and many more!

Miranda
K
I loved this book. It's unique and liked not knowing who the hero/monitor was and it was fun trying to figure it out. The remote viewing scenes can be a bit technical but it became clearer to me the second time I read the book.
Kaylea Cross
Another great book by Low. A kick-ass heroine and mysterious hero, with lots of mystery and danger thrown in with the steamy build up to one of the most memorable love scenes I've ever read. Love this author.
Sherri needs a twin
Ended up DNF'ing this book. Got to page 185 and not a hint of romance in it. Good story but not what I was looking to read. More of a mystery/scifi set up than romance.
Sue
I will agree this book was a Little hard to get into but once I got past the intro it really snagged and held my attention. Glad I have book two to go too.
Alicia
This was an interesting ride thru virtual reality. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to more books by this author.
Jimmy Hanson
Not bad writing, very technical, but interesting. I'm just not feeling it right now, though. Will come back to it another time.
Sarah S
What a terribly long set up for a rape fantasy. I kept hoping that wasn't where it was going, but no. It did.
JenRider
One of the best spy books I have ever read... Can I just say that I love Jed?? I want more...
Whtyac
The book was not well balanced between sci-fi and romance.
Ann (Noumena12)
This book has a killer ending. Can't wait for Virtually Hers!
Debbie
This book SUCKED!!!!!
Puna
Puna added it
Apr 17, 2014
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Apr 07, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Deep Breath (Smithson Group SG-5, #7)
  • Unleashed (Gemini Men, #3)
  • Edge of Darkness (T-FLAC, #10)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Fire And Ice (Ice, #5)
  • No One Left to Tell
  • Tasting Fear
  • Hot Pursuit (SEAL and Code Name, #4)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
341927
Jenn, as everyone calls her, likes to keep things simple. That's why she runs a roofing construction business, teaches, writes and does her own business taxes eight days a week. She considers herself a multi-cultural and well-rounded person. Workers leave her alone when she starts yelling at them in Chinese and Malay. She also studies German and Russian because she can't pronounce French very well...more
More about Gennita Low...
The Protector (Crossfire, #1) The Hunter (Crossfire, #2) Into Danger (S.A.S.S., #1) Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando) Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)