Start by marking “Mommy's Best Kisses” as Want to Read:
Mommy's Best Kisses

Mommy's Best Kisses

As youngsters beg to be kissed, the mommies in this book are happy to oblige with kisses in all the right places. A loving rhyme and tender full-color illustrations of animal mothers and their babies demonstrate the best way to say I love you.
Published April 1st 2006 by HarperTrophy (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mommy's Best Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy's Best Kisses

Laia
Nov 03, 2015 Laia rated it liked it
O.K., this is not a book that if I saw on a shelf would draw me to it.

But. In the actual practice and experience of reading this to my child, this was the best one on my shelf of all the "mommy loves you" message books I had been given. I mean, my kid loved all the different types of kisses (on the nose, on the belly button, etc.) I would give them, copying the mommy and baby animals in the story. The text was short, rhyming and soothing. It ends with putting a baby to bed, blowing a kiss as you
Felicia Moore
Mar 06, 2016 Felicia Moore rated it really liked it
read it to baby Elizabeth cute book :D
J
I read this during my toddler storytime. The moms kissed their little ones along with the narration of the book and it was so sweet and perfect. The kids had been running around all over the place before that but they sat still and paid attention to the book as their moms kissed and snuggled them. One of the moms asked for a copy of the book when storytime was over.
Feb 03, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
Not one of my favorites for baby storytime, but a solid second tier choice. The text is pretty good; it's a rhyming list of all the different and fun places to kiss a baby and it lends itself well to interaction (One of my main criteria for a good baby storytime book). There's nothing particularly special about the word choice, but the scansion and rhyme scheme aren't at all forced which is a feat unto itself and harder to do than it might seem. The illustrations are where this falls apart a lit ...more
Sabrina Parsons
This book is a super sweet bed time story about the love between mother and child and the bond is displayed before bed.It shows different animals getting ready for bed and all are mother and child. It goes from giraffe to polar bear to hippo to people. At the end of the book the reader realizes that the book that we are reading is the book that the human mother is reading to her child.

The text in this book is calming and interesting, but doesn't give away all the details of the story. Each page
Ariel Cummins
Mar 05, 2013 Ariel Cummins rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Rhyming list of all the places to kiss baby as he's going to sleep, with animal illustrations to match.

Sweet colored pencil drawings are nice, but nothing outstanding.

An okay book for bedtime, but I preferA Kiss Like This if we're talking about animal kisses!
Courtney
Dec 01, 2010 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: bobo-challenge
This is one we read often. Mother animals kiss their baby's body parts--head, toes, nose. I kiss Bobo in the same fashion ending with "I kiss your dear face and I whisper good night, I blow one last kiss while I turn out the light." Beautiful illustrations and fabulous for soothing your child into sleep.
Trudi
Aug 25, 2016 Trudi rated it it was amazing
This is adorable. The different animals get different kisses from their mommy's...either on their cheek, fingers, toes, belly, nose. The story rhymes and you can kiss your child as you read it...love it!
Mari
I like this type of book for our Book Babies storytimes. Throughout most of the book, the rhyming seemed to scan pretty well, but the hippo page didn't quite work. In rhyming texts, this is pretty important to me. Still, I may give it a go, and see how my families like it.
Tricia
Nov 11, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it
Oh what an adorable book...illustrated so sweetly and delicately. Each animal mommy reassuringly kisses a different part of their baby goodnight, ending with the mother and child reading a book together before bedtime.
Vanda
Oct 23, 2007 Vanda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone with a toddler at home
Shelves: kidsbooks
My son just "found" this book on his bookshelf (I'd sort of forgotten about it too) and now he loves for me to read it before bed time. He hands me or points to the appropriate body part that is supposed to be kissed. It's a nice bedtime book.
Crystal
Aug 12, 2008 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-books
This is the SWEETEST book ever. I think I will read it to my kids for bedtime as long as they are little. The pictures are so cute as well! I almost cried while reading it, just because it reminded me of how much I love my baby!
Todd
Dec 22, 2008 Todd rated it really liked it
lots of nice illustrations of animals.
Valori Shellman
Mar 07, 2011 Valori Shellman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the animals. Fun to kiss you little one while you are reading. I love interactive books!
Celticoracle
Jun 06, 2012 Celticoracle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mini-me
A sweet book made all the sweeter for the many opportunities to give kisses as you read.
Pearl Tuell
Oct 13, 2009 Pearl Tuell rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. I read it to my oldest son every night for a year!!!
Mary Taitt
Mar 04, 2013 Mary Taitt rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: very young children and their parents ad grandparents
CUTE, loved it. (For my grandson). The illos are adorable and it rhymes. Sweet book for a very young child.
Kristin
May 08, 2012 Kristin rated it it was amazing
This is a fun little story to follow along and kiss your child as the animals kiss their babies.
Meg McGregor
Mar 01, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
An absolutely lovely book with outstanding illustrations showing the warmth and love between animal mothers and their babies!

Simply enchanting. The only picture I didn't like was the cover.
Trisan
Jan 07, 2014 Trisan rated it really liked it
Shelves: child-2
fun book
Alison
Opportunity to make animal noises and blow kisses.
Rocheal Hoffman
Apr 03, 2013 Rocheal Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ece-3601, rhyme
This is such a sweet book that shows the love between a mother and child. Cuddly pictures and soothing words. A favorite of my son's-- memories.
Mary
Jan 12, 2010 Mary rated it liked it
Another book chosen by my daughter.
Sarah Stumphf
Feb 05, 2013 Sarah Stumphf rated it it was amazing
Love Kissiing baby while you read them this book!
Irene Grumman
Feb 02, 2017 Irene Grumman rated it it was amazing
Giraffe mommies kiss their babbies, too. Polar bear mommies tickle their cubs. I'll be reading this sweet book to my grandson many times.
Alex
This book is about all kinds of different animal mothers kissing their children tonight. They say their favorite places to kiss them, and that they will start all over again tomorrow.
Mandee
Mandee rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2014
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Rivers
Rivers rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Aspen
Aspen rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2011
  • Dinosaur vs. the Library
  • Fred and Ted Go Camping
  • Love Is a Handful of Honey
  • Imagine a Place
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say I'm Mad?
  • Hello, Day!
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse!
  • Night Lights