Start by marking “Mommy's Best Kisses” as Want to Read:
Mommy's Best Kisses

Mommy's Best Kisses

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  23 reviews
As youngsters beg to be kissed, the mommies in this book are happy to oblige with kisses in all the right places. A loving rhyme and tender full-color illustrations of animal mothers and their babies demonstrate the best way to say I love you.
Published April 1st 2006 by HarperTrophy (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mommy's Best Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mommy's Best Kisses

Sabrina Parsons
This book is a super sweet bed time story about the love between mother and child and the bond is displayed before bed.It shows different animals getting ready for bed and all are mother and child. It goes from giraffe to polar bear to hippo to people. At the end of the book the reader realizes that the book that we are reading is the book that the human mother is reading to her child.

The text in this book is calming and interesting, but doesn't give away all the details of the story. Each page
Not one of my favorites for baby storytime, but a solid second tier choice. The text is pretty good; it's a rhyming list of all the different and fun places to kiss a baby and it lends itself well to interaction (One of my main criteria for a good baby storytime book). There's nothing particularly special about the word choice, but the scansion and rhyme scheme aren't at all forced which is a feat unto itself and harder to do than it might seem. The illustrations are where this falls apart a lit ...more
Meg McGregor
An absolutely lovely book with outstanding illustrations showing the warmth and love between animal mothers and their babies!

Simply enchanting. The only picture I didn't like was the cover.
Ariel Cummins
Rhyming list of all the places to kiss baby as he's going to sleep, with animal illustrations to match.

Sweet colored pencil drawings are nice, but nothing outstanding.

An okay book for bedtime, but I preferA Kiss Like This if we're talking about animal kisses!
Courtney
This is one we read often. Mother animals kiss their baby's body parts--head, toes, nose. I kiss Bobo in the same fashion ending with "I kiss your dear face and I whisper good night, I blow one last kiss while I turn out the light." Beautiful illustrations and fabulous for soothing your child into sleep.
Mari
I like this type of book for our Book Babies storytimes. Throughout most of the book, the rhyming seemed to scan pretty well, but the hippo page didn't quite work. In rhyming texts, this is pretty important to me. Still, I may give it a go, and see how my families like it.
Vanda
Oct 23, 2007 Vanda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with a toddler at home
Shelves: kidsbooks
My son just "found" this book on his bookshelf (I'd sort of forgotten about it too) and now he loves for me to read it before bed time. He hands me or points to the appropriate body part that is supposed to be kissed. It's a nice bedtime book.
Crystal
This is the SWEETEST book ever. I think I will read it to my kids for bedtime as long as they are little. The pictures are so cute as well! I almost cried while reading it, just because it reminded me of how much I love my baby!
Tricia
Oh what an adorable book...illustrated so sweetly and delicately. Each animal mommy reassuringly kisses a different part of their baby goodnight, ending with the mother and child reading a book together before bedtime.
Trisan
fun book
Rocheal Hoffman
This is such a sweet book that shows the love between a mother and child. Cuddly pictures and soothing words. A favorite of my son's-- memories.
Mary Taitt
Mar 04, 2013 Mary Taitt rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: very young children and their parents ad grandparents
CUTE, loved it. (For my grandson). The illos are adorable and it rhymes. Sweet book for a very young child.
Kristin
This is a fun little story to follow along and kiss your child as the animals kiss their babies.
Valori Shellman
Loved the animals. Fun to kiss you little one while you are reading. I love interactive books!
Pearl Tuell
I absolutely love this book. I read it to my oldest son every night for a year!!!
Celticoracle
A sweet book made all the sweeter for the many opportunities to give kisses as you read.
Christine Turner
Animal mommies lovingly kiss their animal babies. www.hcpl.net
Alison
Opportunity to make animal noises and blow kisses.
Sarah Stumphf
Love Kissiing baby while you read them this book!
Todd
lots of nice illustrations of animals.
Mary
Another book chosen by my daughter.
Kari
Love these sweet illustrations
Thia
Mar 20, 2012 Thia added it
Shelves: baby, toddler
mothers
Selune
Selune marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Monica
Monica added it
Jul 26, 2015
Lane
Lane added it
Jul 09, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015