Start by marking “Wish” as Want to Read:
Wish

Wish (Wish #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,554 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
Pada suatu malam, Shuichiro menyelamatkan malaikat kecil dari serangan seekor gagak. Untuk membalas jasanya, Kohaku sang malaikat yang manis, bersikeras untuk mengabulkan permohonan Shuichiro yang ditolaknya dengan sopan, karena merasa hidupnya telah sempurna. Tapi, bukankah dalam kehidupan ini setiap orang pasti memiliki keinginan yang tak dapat dipenuhi seorang diri...?
Published 2004 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published June 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish

The Crimson Fucker
Jan 18, 2011 The Crimson Fucker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Mariel wrote: "Maybe you should make it gayer?"

No problem!:

this is gay*! This is really really really gay**! I mean seriously! I thought that movie Bruno was the gayest*** thing I’ve ever seen! But this is even gayer**** than that! is like the color pink and a rainbow had a baby! God damn! This is gay*****!!!! But the Clamp did it… I swear they are trying to turn me gay*****!!!!! It’s adorable too! And funny! I will be reading the rest of this!!!
*:no that there is anything wrong with gay of cour
Mya
Dec 16, 2007 Mya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
the angel will take your hear away, youll never be able to stop reading it
Travis
Feb 18, 2009 Travis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Man saves an Angel and as a reward, is granted one wish. The man realizes there's nothing he really wants, so the Angel is stuck on earth until the wish is made.

Cute idea and the two main characters are likable, but every time something happens it felt like I'd seen it before in other manga and done better.

It all feels a bit flat and by the numbers. The art is nice and the cast is decent, but it lacks energy and feels like they are just hitting every manga cliche as they meander to the end of th
Sonia
Jun 05, 2015 Sonia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maybe
I've been on a Clamp manga marathon recently. I grew up on the Card Captor anime and have been a fan of that series since then. So i have been going around and reading Clamp's other works in order to get hyped up for Tsubasa chronicle series which is a crossover of all of Clamp's works. (especially since it features my favorite couples Syaoran and Sakura).

I heard many great things about this manga, but the first volume did not hold up to my expectations. It was too predictable, too cliched, and
Karaoke OK
May 27, 2008 Karaoke OK rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of light-hearted romance manga
Shelves: manga-okay
[Series Length: 4 volumes / Read: volumes 1-4]

As CLAMP's version of "Ah! My Goddess", "Wish" is a manga where a bumbling angel (instead of a flawless home-maker demi-goddess) comes to live with a considerate but mysteriously lonely human male doctor.

Perhaps not as whimsical and charming as "Ah! My Goddess", but "Wish" does a surprisingly good job holding up as its own story with solid characters (I particularly enjoyed the side arc involving the angel Hisui and the reason behind her disappearanc
Jenni Noordhoek
2.5 stars. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either.

I like androgynous angels. I really do. This is a thing that not a lot of people do and very few people do it well.

Androgynous angels falling in love... mmm... idk it feels very shoujo-y and very YA paranormal romance-y and just far too fluffy for my tastes.

It also wrapped up a little too fast and a little too cleanly.

But as usual the characters were lovable and memorable. Nobody I wanted to actively strangle. CLAMP's strong poin
Leanne
I try to be an open minded English teacher and reader, and I am very supportive of any means of encouraging kids to become readers, so I asked my librarian/friend, Sarah, to give me some books to introduce me into the world of Manga. The Wish series was her suggestion.

Maybe if I were younger, or less traditional, or if it didn't constantly throw me off to read a book from right to left, I would appreciate this book more. As it is, I felt like I was reading the rough draft of a cartoon show....al
Grey Liliy
Dec 30, 2015 Grey Liliy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, loved, romance, fantasy
Out of all the series by CLAMP, Wish has always been my hands down favorite. I haven't read it in a while, so sitting down to pick it up again has been a real treat. This is definitely a series I read over and over again.

The story is light-hearted and delightful, the jokes are great, and I adore the cast. The artwork is also beautiful (to be expected from CLAMP) and each volume makes me incredibly happy to read.

Shuichiro and Kohaku's love story gets their start in the first volume. We get to kno
Allison
I am not sure how to approach Wish in terms of a review. This first volume had a slightly off feeling translation, some inexplicably bad typesetting (I'd never seen word splits like this in a manga before!), and the story, about an angel wanting to grant a man's vague wish, is dippy and generic. However, reading it made me incredibly happy. It's remarkably cute, with chubby smiling animals and adorable wind spirits dotting the pages, all of the characters seem decently nice, even the ones on the ...more
Eden
One night Shuichiro finds and saves an angel. To repay him, the angel wants to grant him a wish. But Shuichiro can't think of anything he wants. So, the angel moves in with him until he can think of a wish.

And Shuichiro soon learns angels aren't the only beings around.

I've read most of the Card Captor manga, which I love. I decided to check out what other series Clamp has. I figured I'd give this one a try.

At first, it was just okay. But I think the first volume gets much better as it goes on an
Leila Anani
Salmon
Jan 12, 2016 Salmon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was quite a good read for the series but by itself it was lacking. Though the plot line may have been a bit cliche, the story itself and the art wasn't bad. The pacing was a bit too fast and the first volume was short and mainly introductory with no plot introduced. It is the first volume so it is reasonable for it to have mainly introductions but it would have been nice if the romance plot line was a little more included. The story certainly gets better but it was a little less than ...more
Sabrina  Garcia
Jun 02, 2008 Sabrina Garcia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite mangas!
WhovianatHearts
Oct 09, 2015 WhovianatHearts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
description
description
Wish, Vol. 01 by CLAMP
I admit it. Wish is one of the first mangas I have read. I just so happened to pick Wish up for dirt cheap, so I read it. The plot sounded decent and light-hearted,and it was something to read, for the sake of reading a manga. Looking back, I certainly do not regret picking up this sweet little manga.

Wish, is a cute and fluffy read with mild cursing, and one PG-13 apropriate dirty joke, to appeal to a larger audience. Kohaku, (the angel) is possibly one of the most annoyi
Klara Woodson
Feb 28, 2015 Klara Woodson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tanto, tanto dolce ed innocente: adoro le CLAMP, il loro stile delicato, i loro personaggi ingenui e i dettagli preziosi dei loro disegni. Wish è stato il primissimo manga superiore al volume unico che sono riuscita a completare. Si tratta di quattro volumi, non abbastanza per essere una long ai miei occhi, ma per sempre valido per sentirmi orgogliosa: la mia prima serie completa! La storia di Wish è davvero molto... delicata, si potrebbe dire. Un uomo trova un angioletto caduto dal Cielo e lo o ...more
Mehsi
I first read this book 5 years or so ago (if not longer) and decided I wanted to re-read the series again, to see if I still liked it as much as I did years ago.

And did I like it? Yes I did. So lovely to see all the characters again, to see them interact. I really love Kohaku, though she (or is it a he, you can't really tell) is a real ditz and does many things wrong. She/he really needs protection from various things. Luckily Shuichiro doesn't mind saving her/him. I can't wait to see what will
Selena
The story itself would have gotten a 3, maybe, but it feels like Tokyopop butchered the translationm, thus the 2.

Except for the human characters, everyone is genderless and thus androgynous. My guess is that in the original, they never said whether anyone was male or female, but because of how the English language is structured, Tokyopop felt it needed to use pronouns, which means assigning genders. While it's difficult, it is possible to make it impossible to tell the genders of characters. The
Amber
May 13, 2016 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
D'awwwww

So I picked up this series once Legal Drug/Drug n Drop gave us the run around and then heavily drew material from this series, hinting how significant it was to the plot. (Maybe?) WISH is gorgeous, it's no problem.

I think it's interesting how Japanese writers are interested in the angel/demon mythos, but then they Japanize it by, like in this volume, creating the four Angel Masters, which are masters of the four elements.

Anyways, if I say anything else, I'll just spoil it.
Desvita
Feb 14, 2014 Desvita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish is a manga from Clamp that surprise me. Because the artwork was not drawn by Mokona. Instead by Satsuki Igarashi. It is create a whole new level of Clamp's style. In my opinion, Igarashi's draw was soft and sweet. As sweet as the story itself. The story was about a man who safe an innocent angel. It may seem simple, but as we know about Clamp, there are no simple. So there maybe something hidden later.
Ellen
Jan 13, 2015 Ellen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, middle-grade
not my favorite CLAMP series by far. It does pull a little bit out of its own cheese by the end of volume one and manage to have a sweet Master Demon/Master Angel love thing going on

NO kudos to the English translation which made all the demons men and all of the angels women when everyone is supposed to be genderless (but also, because it's CLAMP, look like very pretty or very studly boys).
Marie-Luise
Es ist durchaus unterhaltsam, wenn Japaner über Engel schreiben. Die Chibi sind süß, die Männer leider nicht so sexy gezeichnet. Dennoch tut es gut, mal wieder einen Manga in der Hand zu haben und die Geschichte ist eine gute Mischung aus Romantik und Action.
armando perez
Aug 29, 2015 armando perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute

I give it a five out five stars. Wish is an amazing manga series written by the best team of writers in the world. Every page kept me going, it's one of the cutest book I read so far!
Alissa Nolan
Oct 02, 2014 Alissa Nolan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another sweet manga from CLAMP. Shuichiro rescues the angel Kohaku from a crow. She then feels obligated to pray him. Unfortunately he is quite self sufficient and she is sort of bumbling, but it is still fun.
Yuu Sasih
This rating and review are for all completed volumes.

Now, when I'm biased, I can't give those authors stars less than three, and CLAMP is one of my biases so.

And I put my Yaoi-Shoai shelf, thank you, why no one notice that the Angel (who his name? I forgot) who lives with Shuichirou is actually genderless, and more so that Hisui and Kokuyou refer him as a 'he'?

Ah well, it's a romance after all. Light and funny, like CLAMP's other works when they decided to do some light story. And the ending! So
Echoes
Dec 30, 2015 Echoes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It started off a little slow but by the end I was hooked. I'm still not very interested in Shuichiro and Kohaku, but I'm eager to see how Hisui and Kokuyo's story develops.
Alessandra
Uma história bem tipica do Clamp, cheia de fofuras e diálogos nonsense. Não gostei muito por ser bem bobinho, mas os fãs das autoras com certeza vão gostar.
Lissa Valle
May 07, 2015 Lissa Valle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
It's a very cute manga, full of fluff and pretty people and handsome people and lots of homosexual tension. Everything one wants in a manga right? Haha! Well, it's a lot of fun with a simple story. Probably CLAMP's cutest work. At least thus far. We'll see how it changes as the story progresses (though I'm not sure I'm fond of how this one ended, but we'll see how they work with it).
Karolina
Feb 18, 2009 Karolina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really like the style of art, and the whole idea of the story really sparked my childish imagination. In general, this mangaka is good at creating suspense and surprise, and making you really curious. I do want to find out what happens, but it's pretty predictable and generic. A lot of the time I ask, "Why is this happening?" in regards to the social situations.. like, why are so many people and strange beings gathering in this guy's house, and he is just okay about it? There's no developement ...more
Nicole
Jul 07, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ein kleiner Engel namens Kohaku fällt vom Himmel und dem Arzt Shuichiro fast in die Arme. Dieser ist ein aufgeklärter Mann, und glaubt natürlich zunächst nicht an die Existenz himmlischer Wesen. Bald jedoch muß er feststellen, daß es Dinge gibt, die seine Vorstellungskraft übersteigen. Unbeabsichtigt rettet Shuichiro den Engel vor dämonischen Kräften. Zum Dank möchte Kohaku ihm einen Wunsch erfüllen, was Shuichiro allerdings ablehnt. Von nun an weicht Kohaku dem Mediziner nicht mehr von der Seit ...more
  • Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 3: Suzumi
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 11
  • Angel Sanctuary, Vol. 6
  • Demon Diary, Volume 03
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Fake, Volume 04

Nekoi Mick 猫井みっく
[born: 21 Jan 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: O]

Igarashi Satsuki 五十嵐さつき
[born: 8 Feb 1969, Oosaka-metropolis, Kyouto; bloodtype: A]

CLAMP originally began in 1989 as a twelve-member dōjinshi circle, but by 1990, the circle had diminished from
More about CLAMP...

Wish (4 books)
  • Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)
  • Wish, Vol. 03 (Wish, #3)
  • Wish, Vol. 04 (Wish, #4)