Purple Panties: An Eroticanoir.com Anthology

Purple Panties: An Eroticanoir.com Anthology

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  672 ratings  ·  44 reviews

Zane, the New York Times bestselling author and Queen of
Erotic Fiction, brings a new collection of lesbian erotica
that will blow the sheets off beds everywhere.

What happens when "The Finest Man" you have ever laid eyes on is a woman? What happens when a woman comes home to her man after a hard day's work with "Lipstick on Her Collar?" What happens when a married woman...more
Published May 6th 2008 by Strebor Books

To ask other readers questions about Purple Panties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purple Panties

OOSA
Lukewarm

Bulging at the seams with potential, "Purple Panties" never quite becomes what I expected or for which I hoped. Where some anthologies leave readers wanting more of each story or author, I can't really say I found that here. The majority of the stories were mediocre at best. That was disappointing and diluted the full book. Although disappointed with the majority, there were a few stories that managed to shine, entertain and intrigue.

In the future, if Zane continues to present anthologi...more
Megan
I'm trying to decide if this should be two or three stars. I originally heard about this book on LJ and at an erotica panel at a convention. There has been some controversy over the cover of the book and a number of bookstores have pulled it from the shelves. The cover itself is actually rather nice. It isn't any more graphic (probably less) than most erotica novels - and it definitely gives an indication of what you will find inside. I think what you will find inside is what has caused the cont...more
Sara
Ok, so I really only read this book because I work in a library and it's constantly coming through. I've been curious about what the big deal was, and, since Fifty Shades of Grey is all the rage right now, I figured why not; I just went with a different color. That being said, I don't really think erotic fiction is my thing. Most of the stories, in my opinion, were not very well written. Zane, for example, is pretty much a constant disappointment to me. There were a couple of exceptions; a few s...more
Shawnda
This book was a FLOP!!! As a Lesbian I was so disappointed with this book. Either Zane hasn't had her cloack cleaned right by a chick or she isn't a lesbian or Bi-curious at all, or maybe she just doesn't have the imagination needed to write Lesbian Erotic Fiction. Out of 50 stories only 3 are good. Sadly enough I would say, Don't Read It.
Elizabeth
Reading Zane's introduction, I was hopeful about this anthology, but 5 stories in and I'm finding myself decidedly unimpressed.

Each story thus far has been really formulaic: some plot/context; Woman A has the hots for Woman B, whom she barely knows; they hook up (usually at Woman B's instigation) and have intense sex, usually living happily ever after. The set-up feels boring, the move to sex feels rushed, the sex itself doesn't do it for me (possibly because I'm stuck at "What? WHY?"); the impr...more
Velvet
This book is the most disturbing yet satisfying erotic fiction I have ever read, these writers truly have skill and imagination working for them. While putting things in their correct perspective, I found that this is something that can truly happen especially for women of a certain statue, like "professional" black women who lives have become pure boredom and mundane.... I loved it, and will recommend this to all readers with a vivid and open immagination (both men and women)
Rachel
Beautiful lesbians having sex with one another
Sierra Bamiro
This was a mixed bag.... Like maybe one or two stories were pretty good but I pretty much skimmed through the book. Not a lot of passion and you can tell some of these writers, namely Zane herself, skimmed over the nitty gritty cause they're probably not attracted to women in the first place. Could've been more imaginative in terms of story lines but I guess that's what you get with anthologies. Zane seems to have definitely lost the heat she used to have with Nervous and Addicted.
Carla
I have to say that I was disappointed in the stories in this book only one of them stood out and right now I can't tell you what the name of that story really was.

Zane's story was of course the most interesting but that is not the story that I was referencing. I will have to say that this was just was not it for me.

Maybe next time
Sumayyah
Very eye-opening and erotic. Zane has done it again.
Char
I love anything Zane writes
Ray Childress
Purple Panties is the type of erotically interesting work she tends to put out that inspires readers like me to read more, then write more.. Her sensuous characters seem to come alive on the page right before your eyes. This book took me on a vivid ride, it was as if I were navigating my way over the smooth voluptuous thigh of a beautiful woman; right along with one of her incredibly constructed female characters.
Wyldchild
I was pleased in reading this group of short stories some were okay and some left me wanting a longer story. I was glad I read it
Klalina Johnson
Not a lesbian, bi sexual or curious. But this book was HOT!!!! #NoJudging
Alex
I rated this book a 1 out of 5 because, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of the stories, most of them are very predictable, which made it kind of boring. There's practically not much build up to the sex parts. Mostly the plot is like two women meet. At first it's awkward, but then they have great sex. Congrats , you've just read half of this book already :). I do appreciate that it was geared toward women of color.
Lydia
Erotica is such a strange phenomenon, especially in short story form. This is a collection of lesbian erotica and the stories seem to follow a set formula. The most outstanding issue is that the women seem to exist in a world where every woman is a lesbian and as a result it is difficult to get lost in the story.
Kat
I could barely get halfway through this garbage. The short stories were so predictable. 2 girls, a bunch of dialogue, other pointless details, they have sex, story over.
Stephanie
Oct 08, 2011 Stephanie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People recovering from yeast infections
Recommended to Stephanie by: Various patrons at PLCMC
Shelves: badgirls
An old favorite from my days at Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, this is a decided improvement over the James Patterson, Robert Parker, and Nora Roberts drek we'd usually shelve.
Symphony
Purple Panties is very vivid and detailed, quite interesting to see how things really are and can go with the same sex...interesting to say the least...thanks!
Nikko
Wish some of the stories happened to me.. I'm in love with a married woman.. And the thing is I just can't like anyone else!!! Damn!!
Amanda
hot, hot, hot. I have only realized recently that erotica is a genre that holds wonderful promises. Hooray for book sex!
Chene
Wish I had left this in the store! This was not what I expected. I think I will put this in my donate box it was that bad!!!
Mariah
This Is A Really Good Book For Lesbians And Bisexuels Who Like To Read. I Really Enjoyed Reading It.
Tamika Fletcher
great read for the bi-curious I'm not sure what a lesbian would think about it though because it's very mild
Ms.tiptress
Jan 10, 2011 Ms.tiptress rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lesbians, curious women
Shelves: read-to-buy
Darren Sanders
I like her book,u jst.keep it real!!! Keep doing wat you do, for get tha haters!!!!!
Marisa Ynostroza
Loved it! Intensely hot, interesting, and thought-provoking ;)
Jasmine
i loved it...romance...lesbian lover...my favorite book so far
Leslie
it was ok. took me a while to read. didnt really keep my attention
Theresa
some of the short stories I could do without...Zane's was great!
  • Tales From Da Hood
  • The Dirty Divorce
  • The Response
  • Black Friday
  • California Connection
Zane (real name Kristina Roberts) is an African American author of erotic fiction. She is the daughter of two former educators: an elementary school teacher and a world-renowned theologian who is also the author of nearly two dozen books. She was born and raised in the Washington, D.C. area where she still resides with her three children.

In 1997, Zane began writing erotic stories to pass the time...more
More about Zane...
Addicted Nervous Afterburn Shame on It All Zane's The Sisters of APF: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick