Start by marking “The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition (2nd Edition)” as Want to Read:

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  12 reviews
US Student Edition. Hardcover. ISBN-0321599888 Used couple times. no writing or highlight. ship fast
Published July 25th 2009 by Prentice Hall (first published June 1st 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition

I really loved this book and class. I found out that I would really enjoy investment banking. Plus, I also realized how much I like Economics. It has made me excited about getting my Master's. I am looking forward to some more Econ classes next semester.
i think that it would be a good book and help us in our search
Bill Zhou
Basic ideas for finance and financial market.
San San
A great book for people in economics field. I have read this book when I studied in university. Its take a sense of knowledge in Banking, Financial markets. This book is very usefull. I have recommended this book for my friends and all of them like it ;)
This book is the same as the macroeconomics or Microeconomics, which introduced to reader the based knowledge
Anthony Carter
I hope this helps me a lot! Fingers crossed
Alessio Lidozzi
Good ideas for the ground level of financial markets.
Melissa Brogan
Not a great textbook layout, and relies a little too heavily on the class using MyEconLab, which my professor chose not to use.
Note to self: Main text for Econ 121: Money and Banking under Prof. Beth Tan, 2nd Semester 1996-97, UP School of Economics
Probably one of the best Economics textbooks I've read. Very insightful and a must read.
A very user friendly and practical ways to learn economics.
this is a good book
Haneen Elghreeb
Kevin Nguyen
Kevin Nguyen marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Хайдзі Таха
Хайдзі Таха marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Gloria Hinson
Gloria Hinson marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Kukuemariko16 marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
chang is currently reading it
Nov 21, 2015
Tiko Vardanidze
Tiko Vardanidze marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Mevza marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Budiman Sakti
Budiman Sakti marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Leonard Wee
Leonard Wee marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Strahinja marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
  • Principles of Macroeconomics
  • Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles
  • Guide to Economic Indicators: Making Sense of Economics
  • Public Finance
  • Introduction to Business [With Booklet]
  • International Economics: Theory and Policy
  • Guide to Financial Markets, Fourth Edition (Economist Books)
  • Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach
  • Basic Econometrics 4th Economy Edition
  • Macroeconomics
  • Macroeconomics
  • Economics
  • Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
  • Principles of Economics
  • Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
  • Microeconomics and Behavior
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • The Theory of Money and Credit
Frederic Stanley "Rick" Mishkin is an American economist and professor at the Columbia Business School. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 to 2008.

Mishkin's research focuses on monetary policy and its impact on financial markets and the aggregate economy.
More about Frederic S. Mishkin...

“Politicians have often declared that unbridled competition among financial intermediaries promotes failures that will harm the public. Although the evidence that competition does this is extremely weak, it has not stopped the state and federal governments from imposing many restrictive regulations.” 1 likes