Start by marking “The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition (2nd Edition)” as Want to Read:

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  11 reviews
US Student Edition. Hardcover. ISBN-0321599888 Used couple times. no writing or highlight. ship fast
Published July 25th 2009 by Prentice Hall (first published June 1st 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition

I really loved this book and class. I found out that I would really enjoy investment banking. Plus, I also realized how much I like Economics. It has made me excited about getting my Master's. I am looking forward to some more Econ classes next semester.
Shere
i think that it would be a good book and help us in our search
Bill Zhou
Basic ideas for finance and financial market.
San San
A great book for people in economics field. I have read this book when I studied in university. Its take a sense of knowledge in Banking, Financial markets. This book is very usefull. I have recommended this book for my friends and all of them like it ;)
This book is the same as the macroeconomics or Microeconomics, which introduced to reader the based knowledge
Alessio Lidozzi
Good ideas for the ground level of financial markets.
Melissa Brogan
Not a great textbook layout, and relies a little too heavily on the class using MyEconLab, which my professor chose not to use.
Fran
Note to self: Main text for Econ 121: Money and Banking under Prof. Beth Tan, 2nd Semester 1996-97, UP School of Economics
Joshua
Probably one of the best Economics textbooks I've read. Very insightful and a must read.
Anni
A very user friendly and practical ways to learn economics.
Yuuki
this is a good book
Haneen Elghreeb
Li
Li marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Basma Gabal
Basma Gabal marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Warakorn Awutpanyakul
Warakorn Awutpanyakul marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Ylee
Ylee marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Jamie-Lee Kleinsmith
Jamie-Lee Kleinsmith marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Gilbert Sinkamba
Gilbert Sinkamba marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Akintunde Akinkunmi
Akintunde Akinkunmi marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Matteo Marini
Matteo Marini marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Mmiska
Mmiska marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Sercan Karataş
Sercan Karataş marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Sylvia Nyakundi
Sylvia Nyakundi marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Danigrs
Danigrs marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
  • Money, Bank Credit, and Economic Cycles
  • International Economics: Theory and Policy
  • Basic Econometrics 4th Economy Edition
  • Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach
  • Guide to Financial Markets, Fourth Edition (Economist Books)
  • Economics
  • Macroeconomics
  • Macroeconomics
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • Principles of Economics
  • Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach
  • Macroeconomics (6th Edition)
  • Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
  • Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
Frederic Stanley "Rick" Mishkin is an American economist and professor at the Columbia Business School. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 to 2008.

Mishkin's research focuses on monetary policy and its impact on financial markets and the aggregate economy.
More about Frederic S. Mishkin...
The Next Great Globalization: How Disadvantaged Nations Can Harness Their Financial Systems to Get Rich Financial Markets and Institutions (Prentice Hall Series in Finance) (Addison-Wesley Series in Finance) Monetary Policy Strategy Macroeconomics: Policy and Practice Study Guide for Economics of Money, Banking and the Financial Market

“Politicians have often declared that unbridled competition among financial intermediaries promotes failures that will harm the public. Although the evidence that competition does this is extremely weak, it has not stopped the state and federal governments from imposing many restrictive regulations.” 1 likes