Start by marking “The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition (2nd Edition)” as Want to Read:

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  11 reviews
US Student Edition. Hardcover. ISBN-0321599888 Used couple times. no writing or highlight. ship fast
Published July 25th 2009 by Prentice Hall (first published June 1st 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about The Economics of Money, Banking, and Financial Markets, Business School Edition

I really loved this book and class. I found out that I would really enjoy investment banking. Plus, I also realized how much I like Economics. It has made me excited about getting my Master's. I am looking forward to some more Econ classes next semester.
Shere
i think that it would be a good book and help us in our search
Bill Zhou
Basic ideas for finance and financial market.
San San
A great book for people in economics field. I have read this book when I studied in university. Its take a sense of knowledge in Banking, Financial markets. This book is very usefull. I have recommended this book for my friends and all of them like it ;)
This book is the same as the macroeconomics or Microeconomics, which introduced to reader the based knowledge
Alessio Lidozzi
Good ideas for the ground level of financial markets.
Melissa Brogan
Not a great textbook layout, and relies a little too heavily on the class using MyEconLab, which my professor chose not to use.
Fran
Note to self: Main text for Econ 121: Money and Banking under Prof. Beth Tan, 2nd Semester 1996-97, UP School of Economics
Joshua
Probably one of the best Economics textbooks I've read. Very insightful and a must read.
Anni
A very user friendly and practical ways to learn economics.
Yuuki
this is a good book
Haneen Elghreeb
Yena
Yena added it
Jul 07, 2015
Asha Jain
Asha Jain marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Lalaine Magnifica
Lalaine Magnifica marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Syed Rehman
Syed Rehman marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Hassan Abbaszadeh
Hassan Abbaszadeh marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Raniero Polidano
Raniero Polidano is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2015
Omar Samy
Omar Samy marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Sambit Behera
Sambit Behera marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Miko Kong
Miko Kong marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Dhan Lim
Dhan Lim marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Fayechan
Fayechan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
  • Macroeconomics
  • Fundamental Methods of Mathematical Economics
  • Macroeconomics
  • Globalizing Capital: A History of the International Monetary System
  • Macroeconomics (6th Edition)
  • Introductory Econometrics: A Modern Approach
  • Principles of Economics
  • Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
  • Microeconomics and Behavior
Frederic Stanley "Rick" Mishkin is an American economist and professor at the Columbia Business School. He was a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System from 2006 to 2008.

Mishkin's research focuses on monetary policy and its impact on financial markets and the aggregate economy.
More about Frederic S. Mishkin...
The Next Great Globalization: How Disadvantaged Nations Can Harness Their Financial Systems to Get Rich Financial Markets and Institutions (Prentice Hall Series in Finance) (Addison-Wesley Series in Finance) Monetary Policy Strategy Macroeconomics: Policy and Practice Study Guide for Economics of Money, Banking and the Financial Market

“Politicians have often declared that unbridled competition among financial intermediaries promotes failures that will harm the public. Although the evidence that competition does this is extremely weak, it has not stopped the state and federal governments from imposing many restrictive regulations.” 1 likes