Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)

Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  5,565 ratings  ·  235 reviews
Namaku Blair Mallory, dan aku berusaha melangsungkan pernikahan, namun Takdir TIDAK MAU bekerja sama... Aku benci Takdir, kau juga, kan?

Jadi target pembunuhan ternyata bukan pengalaman sekali seumur hidup untuk Blair. Di tengah kesibukan menggila antara menyiapkan pernikahan dan mulai berbelanja hadiah Natal--meskipun ini masih bulan September--Blair harus menyelamatkan di
Published November 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead Gorgeous

Zeek
Dead Gorgeous- the continuation of the Blair and Wyatt show (mostly Blair Show) started in To Die For.

I am a Linda Howard fangirl all the way. I started reading her books ages ago with Heart of Fire. Back then her men were sexy, smart and strong- as were her women. Her plots were exciting- if fairly the same. Still, she had a way of making them into page turners and all night reads. I read her entire backlist and auto-bought her new releases. Sad to say, since Mr. Perfect, this has all changed f
Bark's Book Nonsense
I just finished listening to the unabridged audio version of this book and though I haven't read a Linda Howard book in quite awhile I was quite surprised to find that her writing has changed so much. This book was a contemporary quasi-mystery with a whole bunch of hot sex between the empty headed heroine and her blinded by lust alpha cop fiance. Apparently there was a book about these two that came before this one but as the synopsis reads like an exact copy of this book I'm sure not going out ...more
Jane Stewart
Not enjoyable because I did not like the heroine.

This is 2nd book in the series with Blair Mallory and Wyatt. The 1st book is "To Die For". I rated both of these books as 1 star because I disliked the Blair character so much. She was petty, mean, insincere and snotty. Some examples of her thoughts and actions follow. Page 11, she calls off the wedding because she doesn't like what her married name will be. Page 75, she argues with her fiance, insisting that she will need to reorganize his home s
Pat Cromwell
I just wanted her to friggin DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dana Nelson
Favorite quote (pg 102)

"Is it time for your period, or something?"
With unerring instinct, he'd found a great big red button, and pushed it. Wyatt fights to win, which means he fights dirty. I understand the concept because that's how I fight, too, but understanding it didn't stop me from reacting. I could practically feel my blood bubbling with steam. "What?"
Karla
I enjoyed this second book in the Blair Mallory series. She's back at it again. That endless banter that goes on in her mind, justifying her reasoning for her thinking, is so funny. Wyatt was his moody, sex crazed self and borderline mean to Blair, which I found somewhat disturbing. Okay she's a nut-case, but he knew what he was getting into with her. They both grew on me, I really loved the series and I wish it would continue. I could go for some more of the Bloodsworths!
Kimberly
ѕєяєηιтι
Bir cinayet girişiminden kurtulmuş birinin hemen arkası yeni bir cinayet girişimine maruz kalma şansı yada şanssızlığı nedir acaba! Blair'den başkasına da olması beklenemezdi zaten:D
Elii Vela
Este es el segundo libro donde aparece Blair Mallory, creo que es un error tremendo que en el libro no se mencione que se trata de la secuela, por que te quedas un poco desorientada y como que hay cosas de las que ni idea; y sólo te enteras cuando la chica dice algo como "si quieres saber de qué hablo, lee mi primer libro"...

Es claro que el amor en este libro es un poco soso, un poco aburrido y un poco flojo, pero hay momentos en que dan ternura que es lo que lo hace rescatable...

Blair no e
Wayne Wilson
I listened to this book and I had a good time.

Blair Mallory soon to be married finds herself in the cross hairs of some woman who wants her dead. We get to know Blair and I really like her. Maybe because she is smart, sexy, independent, sassy, and caring that it made her easy to like.

The narration was good if not great. I think the voice should have been a little more southern and deeper maybe with a Lauren Bacall scratchiness. I am not sure I could wade through another of these books. There is
İlkim
Orijinali Kitap Esintisi adresinde.

Bu serinin ilk kitabı bizde "Ölümcül Hata" ismiyle GOA yayıncılıktan çıkmıştı. Tabi yıllar yıllar geçtiği için kitap halini bulmak çok zor durumda şu an. Orada Blair isimli asıl karakterimiz ölüm tehlikesi atlatıyordu. Hatta kendisinin yerine ona benziyor diye başka bir kadın öldürülüyordu. Soruşturmaya gelen polis ise iki yıl önce bir anda ondan ayrılan yakışıklı polis Wyatt oluyordu ve katili ararlarken araları da düzeliyor ve birbirlerine aşık oluyorlardı. K
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Another case where the audio fails to live up to the print (which was another five star read for me). Joyce Bean is a huge improvement over To Die For's Franette Liebow but it still doesn't rate a 5 star audio performance. Here's a short review from a Speaking of Audiobooks column titled The Funny Ones. Both To Die For and Drop Dead Gorgeous are extremely funny in print and audio.

To Die For by Linda Howard is one of my favorites and quite hilarious as well. Listening wasn’t as funny as reading t
Marla
Again I got this from a co-worker after another one had read it. It looked a little too romance novel-ly, but I gave it a go. Neither of my co-workers said anything about this being part of a series, but as soon as I started reading I had the feeling that I was missing something. By page 11 I googled it and, sure enough, there was another book that came first.
I went ahead and read the book, but I always left like I was missing something. Like why the two main characters were together. I just did
Joycrazy
This is the only book of Linda Howards that I do not like.
The first in the series (To Die For) was amazingly funny and flat out fantastic. The second outing was horrible.
By the end of the book I didn't think the Wyatt deserved Blair. Not in any way. He was a complete donkey's end and too stupid to live. Literally too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time.
I also want to say that Linda Howard is on my "auto buy that now wait is it a reissue/rename... YES new book buy buy buy" list. I have r
justmeri_an
Like my sentiment on most of LH books, I was berating myself for not reading this SOONER. I didn't, well because, like the many characters in these books (To Die for & Drop Dead Gorgeous), I mistakenly took Blair for a fluff. I didn't realize how smart she is that she lets people (including me) think that she's a dumb bimbo, upto the point that it's too late to realize she'd been turning us in circles all along.

FIVE stars, for me. I was laughing out loud at some scenes, and then squealing at
Alois ★ Azuyu
Even though Blair was annoying me with her attitude and smart-ass mouth, this book was still hilarious. The suspect is predictable but throughout the story I still kept wondering who the psycho bitch was. More review to come.
Geri
Blair and Wyatt are back.

Somebody is trying to kill Blair.....again.

Wyatt doesn't believe it at first......meanie.

I loved this story.
Melanie
I am usually a big Howard fan. Her books usually grip me from the beginning and do not let go until the end. To Die For was an OK book - not one of my favorites but you get your hits and your misses. But to take two mediocre characters and write a sequel about them just made no sense to me. Especially this first person account who made a halfway likeable character less so. She should have left the hero and heroine in To Die For and not bothered with another book about them. The book was boring, ...more
Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)
3.5 stars :D Ridiculousness. It was nice to laugh with Blair again.
Bookish
I have to admit I was really doubtful at first that I would like Blair. Because she seemed like a drama queen & I always stay away from heroines like that because of past experiences with that type of characters. I picked up the first book after putting it down for 2 times, because I love Linda Howard's books and I had faith on her writing :D. Guess What! She didn't fail me :D :D :D

I just loved this series. Can's say enough about how much I loved "Blair Mallory" character. Yes she is a dram
Sue
Excellent title, not quite as good as "To Die For" but nearly there. Great conclusion to a book series, Blair was as good and Wyatt an alpha male all the way. The culprit was easy to identify in my book, but the exact "who" was a mystery as well as the motivation behind it.

That sounds like a take away but it's not... Blair is the story whether she's shopping, writing lists or just plain pulling the tiger by the tail.

Narrator 4.25, story same
Darcy
This book had me laughing. I know some people won't like Blair, as she comes off a very vain, ditzy blond, but I sort of follow her logic and scatterbrained thought paths. I also think the chemistry between Blair and Wyatt is so strong that you can't help but root for them. Both of their antics through out this book made for crazy things happening left and right. If you are looking for a fun beach read this is the book for you!
Norma
I tried reading this once before and DNF. I've been listening to this for the past week and I did enjoy it. However, I did NOT like Wyatt. I found him to be a jerk! In the first book he was your average cocky alpha. I like that. But in this book, he was a jerk. I didnt like the way he treated Blair. He never seemed to take her seriously. I realize she's a nit-wit, but still. I found his treatment of her just mean.
Lisa
I only read this book because someone gave it to me.... I shouldn't have bothered. The main characters is so self-absorbed, spoiled and superficial that I really didn't like her. It's hard to enjoy a book when you have no sympathy for the apparent "victim" in the story. I'm not sure if the author thought she was going for a "modern woman" type character... but if that's a modern woman we're in serious trouble.
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

Review to come
Aarann
3.5 stars.

I think this review is going to have to be short by necessity, mostly because I forgot to leave one right after I read it and, despite that only happening a little over a week ago, I've already forgotten a big chunk of the book.

Blair is at it again and the book takes up not too long after the first one left off. We start with an unknown entity trying to run Blair down at the mall as she is shopping for her wedding (after several delays getting the date, Wyatt has thrown down a 30 day g
Robin
Wyatt Bloodsworth has given his fiancee, Blair Mallory, 30 days to plan their wedding, or they are flying to Vegas. While shopping for her wedding dress, Blair is nearly run down in the mall parking lot and furious that no one seems to notice her lying on the ground until she has already called for help. Soon after getting out of the hospital, Blair notices a white Chevy following her. When she tells Wyatt, he blows it off as it being her overactive imagination. This make narcissistic Blair's bl ...more
Karen
Apr 23, 2008 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all Linda Howard Fans
Non stop laughs through out the book as Blair and Wyatt try to work things out between them and resolve a friends family problem and try to avoid getting Blair killed by a psycho. The battle of the sexes and just who wears the pants in this relationship ensues. A real page turner.
Ria Lize
3.5/5

Dear Wyatt,

Here is my list of your transgressions:

- You don't just leave a woman for years and explain to her it's because she's 'high maintenance'. Maybe she is, in that case you have no business being in a relationship with her.

- You don't lock the woman you love for hours in a patrol car! You don't talk to her. You tell people not to talk to her... A relationship can't be built upon declarations of love alone, you need to trust and respect her too.

- And when she says someone is trying
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jan 17, 2013 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary romance
This is an excellent stalker mystery with characters you will love. Though it is the second Blair Mallory book, either one works as a stand-alone.

The mystery side of this book was well laid out, I did not guess the culprit until the author's reveal.

The interactions between the protagonists are absolutely hilarious most of the time. When discussing their upcoming wedding in the first chapter, she realizes that her first name and his last name do not go together all that well. She wants to keep
  • Exposure
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Beachcomber
  • Murder List (Buchanan-Renard #4)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Poison (The Devil's Eyes, #4)
  • Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6)
  • Innocent as Sin (St. Kilda Consulting, #3)
  • Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7)
  • Overkill
  • Don't Look Now (Look Trilogy, #1)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)

Linda S. Howington was born on August 3, 1950 in Alabama, United States. She began to write at nine years old, and wrote for twenty years for her own enjoyment. She worked at a trucking company where she met her husband, and then decided to try and get her work published in 1980. [1:] Her first work was publishe
More about Linda Howard...
Mr. Perfect After the Night Dream Man Open Season Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1)

“Is it time for your period, or something?"

He turned around, all controlled aggression, and damned if he didn't push the button again. "What is it about having a period that makes women so bitchy?"

... It was an effort, but I said as sweetly as possible, "It isn't that we're bitchier, it's that having a period makes us feel all tired and achy, so we have less tolerance for all the bullshit we normally SUFFER IN SILENCE." By the time the sentence ended the sweetness was long gone, my jaw was clenched, and I think my eyes were bugging out.

Wyatt took a step back, belatedly looking alarmed.”
218 likes