Start by marking “The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet” as Want to Read:
The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet

The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  276 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
This is a comprehensive reference book on all aspects of crochet. This book provides a reference for all methods, including Tunisian, filet, intermeshing, broomstick lace, bruges lace, and freeform crochet. Includes step-by-step instructions for all the basic stitches and swatches of 100s of stitch patterns with complete instructions. Also provides instructions and pattern ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Creative Publishing int'l

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet

Sherry Lee
Apr 08, 2013 Sherry Lee rated it it was amazing
OMG! I love this book! It's the best thing since sliced bread! Super easy instructions with lots of ideas and projects. Bright, colorful photos that just make me wanna go into Super Crocheting mode and crochet my whole entire family a complete wardrobe! So now my only problem is having to take it back to the library!
Grace
Feb 01, 2011 Grace rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts, crochet
As a beginner of crochet, this book is absolutely amazing. It has more stitch variety than I've encountered before. There are directions for every stitch type that are easy to follow. There is even the occasional pattern for a project using a stitch pattern previously described.

My favourite feature of this is the pictures. I can get an idea how the stitch looks without having to do it myself first. There is so much for me to explore in this book that I really can't decide where to start.

The on
Sara
Jan 06, 2016 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2015, crochet
I don't think I can live without this book. This book has taught me so much of what I know about crochet...wonderful! Pictures are so helpful!
Apr 09, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Add to collection
Lindsay
May 20, 2013 Lindsay rated it really liked it
It seems great, but since I don't know how to crochet, I'll have to work with it more in-depth to know for sure. I'm am avid knitter, so it will be fun to pick up a new skill. The introduction goes over a lot of basic steps, and it seems like everything else is very detailed.

This book was also given to me by a friend who works for the publisher, but this review is my own opinion.
Katharine
Jul 10, 2011 Katharine rated it really liked it
I really like this one. As a beginner, the directions and photos are very easy for me to follow. I've tried several crochet books from the library and I keep comic back to this one. The only thing I'd change is the size. It's big and I have to set something on the book to hold it open. I'd really prefer it around 8" tall with a spiral binding so it would be easier to carry around.
Lisa
Apr 05, 2011 Lisa added it
I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet, so I can't really rate this book in good conscience (I stink at trying to teach myself anything from a book -- others might fare better than me). I think anyone who has the basics down will find this book inspiring, as there are loads of pretty stitches to try and lovely motifs to make. Lovely pictures.
Lil' Grogan
Mar 30, 2013 Lil' Grogan rated it really liked it
Shelves: handmade
Interesting stitches and techniques that I haven't yet seen in books (but have seen online). CHARTS!! and written patterns, lovely big photos. Seems quite comprehensive in presenting different stitches.

However, would have liked more about the finishing details, mechanics, etc.. on crocheting.

Great book to have as inspiration for projects.
Medungan
Feb 26, 2012 Medungan rated it really liked it
This books seems like the crochet encyclopedia. The pictures aren't as helpful as in Chicks with Sticks but is more whole in what it offers. There are so many stitches and patterns that I'm sure this will be my go to book for questions or new projects.
GoldenjoyBazyll
May 04, 2013 GoldenjoyBazyll added it
Shelves: craft
Borrowed this book from a friend and have probably held on to it a little 2 long because I am constantly using it. Easy to read directions and interesting stitch patterns! Learned to make a 4 leaf clover and other neat motifs!
Darlene
I didn't exactly read this marvelous book. More/less just looked at the great illustrations. But I loved it and wished I had it in my own personal library. Too bad it is due back now and I couldn't renew it.
LibraryLady
Jun 28, 2013 LibraryLady rated it really liked it
Excellent resource for all things crochet. Great photos of the stitches with clear explanations of how to execute them. Nice introduction to the craft and tools needed for various types of crocheting.
Jen
Sep 26, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
This is a fantastic crochet book! LOTS of stitches and projects in this book. I've learned a couple of things and I hope to learn more from it.
Carol
May 09, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing
Teaching myself to crochet. I searched many many books to find one clear enough for me to learn from. This one looked the best. Love it!
Nikki
Mar 12, 2013 Nikki rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I began crocheting again and this book helped me learn to read patterns, new stitches, etc.
Jec
Oct 06, 2013 Jec rated it it was amazing
wonderful book...excellent stitch descriptions...beautiful photos...clear concise instructions....a keeper
Dana Wright
Jan 20, 2012 Dana Wright rated it it was amazing
This book has great photos and how to's to take you anywhere you want to go in crochet. :) Loved it!!!
cecilia
i love it the book shows patterns and what the abriasions i recomend it to anyone that whats to crochet
Hilary
Jan 28, 2012 Hilary rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
I am learning to crochet using this book. Lots and lots of pictures, and directions are pretty simple.
Melanie
Feb 07, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
GREAT BOOK with lots of photos! Considering buying this one. Got it from the library.
Ilene
Oct 22, 2011 Ilene rated it it was amazing
Excellent reference book for novice to advanced crocheters. Must add to your library!
Monique
Jul 09, 2011 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crochet
Great book with clear pictures, written directions and charts
Kcastro
Jul 21, 2011 Kcastro marked it as to-read
Shelves: crochet
page 225, 119 and more
Athina
Athina rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Linda Dulah
Linda Dulah marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Alice Yoder
Alice Yoder marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Lyn Gaynor
Lyn Gaynor rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Everyday Crochet: Wearable Designs Just for You
  • Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia: 300 Stitch Patterns, Edgings, and More
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Crochet Boutique: 30 Simple, Stylish Hats, Bags & Accessories
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet #15906
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • Hip to Crochet
  • The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
From her Ravelry Profile: I have been knitting and crocheting forever. I am a mother and grandmother, and a great grandmother. I design, teach, and write books. My first book was published in 1978, and I just completed my 19th book In addition to the books, I have 2 independently produced video’s/dvd’s, and 3 self published entrelac crochet patterns. My flicker name is MHDesigner. I love it all!

I
More about Margaret Hubert...