Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast

Batman: Ten Nights of the Beast (Batman)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Batman Graphic Novel
Published October 1st 1994 by Dc Comics (first published June 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Batman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman

Stephen
3.0 to 3.5 stars. One of my favorite Batman "series within a series" featuring great work by Jim Starlin and Jim Aparo and a superb new villain, the KGBeast.
Yves
Ce que je n'aime pas des vieilles BD ce sont les dessins, les couleurs et les histoires trop simplistes. Ici, ces trois points sont tous réunis. Malgré sa simplicité, l'histoire n'est pas mauvaise mais elle est quand même trop semblable au millier de films d'actions des années 1980. Batman doit se battre contre les ennemis de la droite. Un des méchants est un communiste et l'autre un méchant Iranien. Ça fait très cliché.

Pour ce qui est du côté artistique. Les dessins ne sont pas si mal mais les...more
Nicolas
I picked this up because I was interested in reading some Batman stories with Jason Todd as Robin. Luckily the book was good because it had very little Jason. The story deals with Batman going up against a Russian assassin. It was interesting to see how irrelevant Robin was during this time. He was present throughout, but didn't really do anything. He had one or two moments in the spotlight but spent the majority of the time hanging back while Batman did everything. Overall, a good story, but do...more
M
Created to correspond with the Cold War conclusions and Reaganomics, Batman faces off against the Russian super-soldier known as the KGBeast. During the course of the titular ten days, the Beast works his way through a list of targets - culminating with attacks on Reagan himself. While the idea of a Russian supersoldier was started here, it worked much better with Marvel's Winter Soldier than our masochistic assassin KGBeast. A nostalgic read, but one that will takes less than one night to concl...more
Mike
Groundbreaking work -- I only go as low as I do because I found some of the attempts at hiding "the big reveal" to be a tad heavy-handed, and because I have become addicted to modern, glossy-paper full-spectrum palette color work, and this is still in the format of a generation back.
Steve
I had 3 of the 4 singles from the original run, so this story wasn't new to me.

Reading it now, it hasn't dated as badly as some stories that try and touch on current events.

The ending is excellent, only marred by the fact that there are sequels (of sorts) out there.
Federiken Masters
Apr 09, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Batmaneros.
Recommended to Federiken by: Bajo precio.
Historia algo quedada en el tiempo pero no por eso mala. Es uno de esos comics que tienen un tufillo a su época que puede tanto oler bien como apestar mal. A mí me generó ambas sensaciones en distintos momentos. Cuando lo relea, seguro lo rerreseñe.
Ryan Scicluna
A true Batman classic. The first introduction to the KGBeast and a memorable on at that. Very good writing and very good story telling. This story set the example for the mini-series within the series format.
John Yelverton
A great collection of Batman stories that is one part mystery and the other part adventure.
Andrew
Batman faces a Russian super assassin and saves Ronald Reagan? This book has it all.
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Zack360
Zack360 marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Brendan Ferraro
Brendan Ferraro is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Yan Yanyan
Yan Yanyan marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Jose
Jose marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
David Byrne
David Byrne marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Nick Lugo
Nick Lugo marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
James P. "Jim" Starlin is an American comic book writer and artist. With a career dating back to the early 1970s, he is best known for "cosmic" tales and space opera; for revamping the Marvel Comics characters Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock; and for creating or co-creating the Marvel characters Thanos and Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu. Death and suicide are recurring themes in Starlin's work: Pers...more
More about Jim Starlin...
Batman: A Death in the Family The Infinity Gauntlet Batman: The Cult The Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos The Death of Captain Marvel