Winter Is Not Forever (Seasons of the Heart, #3)

Winter Is Not Forever (Seasons of the Heart #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  1,799 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Josh Jones realizes his family isn't typical, but it's the only life he's ever known. Aunt Lou, Gramps, Uncle Charlie, Grandpa--they all have shaped the young man he has become. But as he grows into manhood, Josh begins to face important questions about life, love, and faith. Three million books sold in the series!
Published May 1st 2010 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 1988)

Emilee
Apr 10, 2008 Emilee rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: who ever wants to read a boring book!
yeah its not one of those books that you just cant put down,its kinda boring and dosen't have much to it,but yeah i wouldn't say its a must read.(definately)
nat
Aug 17, 2010 nat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Helvry Sinaga
Recommended to nat by: Iyut
Dari keempat serinya beginilah kesanku:

Buku I : buku yang menggambarkan sisi emosional seorang anak dengan pas, unik, lucu :) Josh sebagai tokoh utama tidak hanya ditonjolkan kebaikannya, namun juga pergumulannya untuk memaafkan dan mencoba mengenal Tuhan..

Buku II : Josh yang beranjak remaja dengan cinta pertamanya dan harapan-harapannya. Khas sekali dan benar-benar pas dengan perasaan saat remaja yang dipenuhi bunga-bunga pengharapan.Persahabatan dengan Willie yang menyentuh hati, dan percikan...more
Michelle
Ok so maybe this whole series was sappy but I am a sucker for that stuff. I love series like this where you can really feel the characters personality and visualize the story playing out. I could hardly wait to read the next book and was definitely disappointed when I finished them.
Janiece
The rating I gave is to be considered within the context of the entire series. Good wholesome books. Simple books. Josh is graduating and trying to decide the path that God wants him to take. While all of his friends have direction, he does not, at least he does not recognize immediately what it is. While he is waiting to get that direction he takes over the farming for his grandpa and uncle. He grew up on the farm and loved it, but did not get directly involved in the planting, harvesting and w...more
Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
The long-awaited Graduation Day is fastly approaching for Josh and his friends. Soon they'll be done with school and they'll leave the little schoolhouse behind forever. Josh's friends all have big plans for their lives, many are going on to college, and his best friend Willie is headed to Bible College in preparation for mission work. But Josh still doesn't have an answer when people ask him what his plans are. He's considered several things, but hasn't felt God leading him towards anything in...more
Annalisa
This book is about Josh trying to find what God's calling is for him in life. He graduates from school not sure what his next step is so he begins to work on the farm. Grandpa and Uncle Charlie are aging more rapidly than he thought and they cannot manage on their own. Eventually they board the town's school marm and use her wages to hire Mary Turley to live with them and manage the household. Josh continues to pray for Camellia to become Christian and with the help of Willie (who has gone back...more
H
This was another enjoyable book with Josh. As usual, I laughed out loud several times. What I liked about this one was that when Josh was disappointed or faced with something hard, he didn't lost his faith this time--he trusted in God to work things out and comfort him. I thought it showed really well how he was maturing. I also liked how Camellia's conversion came about--how she really fought it for a while before even being curious, and then how she still resisted for a while before becoming c...more
Season Sinclair
All four of the books in this series were delightful. They were beautifully written, and captivated me right into the world of Josh and Uncle Charlie and Mary and Matilda. I could see the harvest wagons traversing the fields and smell the coffee brewing on the stove. The books are written in first person, which is unusual. However, I soon felt as though I knew the characters, and the life they lived became one that I wanted to experience.
seasonsinclair.blogspot.com
Odetta
I liked this book. It was kind of slow. It says it's number 3 in the series. I don't think I've heard 1&2, maybe that's why it was so hard to get into.

ETA: Here we go again. Talking Books sent this back to me to listen to again. So, here I am, listening to it again. This time though I have heard books 1 & 2 & liked them. 1-24-12

This time through I LOVED IT!!!!!!! But now I know Josh & Willy & the other characters.
Joy
I love picking up Janette Oke to re-read. Her writing is familiar as I've been reading her since I was a young teen. I know the stories so well, it is like sitting down with a good friend. I don't have to think, so these books I'm usually reading at 11:30 PM when I need ten minutes of reading before hitting the pillow!
Breena
My iPod has stopped working...arg....I hate stopping in the middle of a book.

Ok it kicked on long enough to finish.

Such a good book. I love the clean, simple life. I love that he finally thinks that maybe his calling in life is to be a farmer. I was thinking that for a long time already!
Kelli
I listened to this as an audiobook as well. I really enjoy this series by Jeanette Oke. I appreciate the application of Christian values to handling life's problems. The plot is interesting, the characters are lovable. I am looking forward to listening to the last book in the series.
Ruth
Josh is graduating & branching out into love himself. A mans coming of age story if there ever was one of inspirational proportions. Girls will like the blooming relationships & perhaps guys can learn a positive way of treating the fairer sex. Good for all kids 9 or older.
AmblingBooks
"Gavin's reading lends a quaint yet realistic voice to Josh's dilemma." �Booklist

Listen to Winter Is Not Forever on your iPhone, desktop, or smartphone.
Meadow
Josh is struggling with what is futur will hold. Willie is a missionary, Camilla is going to be an interior designer and Josh is left caring for his Grandpa and Uncle Charlie's farm, he doesn't mind. In fact he loves it. But is it what he was meant to do.
Connie
This book spans several years of Josh's life, beginning just before his graduation. Josh was struggling with understanding what God had in store for his life. This book was a fast read for me and a pleasant one.
Amy
I liked that this book was clean and that it included God in the day-to-day life of the main character. I was very surprised at the ending, because it left me hanging, but maybe there's a subsequent book.
Rishi
This one was pretty good. We kept wondering when the main character was going to figure things out. This one was more of a pause before the main event, the final book. But it was good.
Megan
Didn't love it as much as the others. A little sadder, kind of how you feel in the winter I guess. Was one of the books that you have to read so you can read the next one.
Hannah
Not my favorite book, but much better than the second one of the series. It was a fun, easy read. I liked it enough to read the last one that's for sure!
Rebecca Rash
It was more enjoyable than the first book of the series, but still managed to bore me. Perhaps I'm just not used to a boy character out of Janette Oke.
Terri
May 20, 2008 Terri rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: everyone
THis was one that I loved and hated at the same time. I was so involved by the story that as soon as I finished it I had to start number 4.
Kathy
I thought that maybe this was like Little House on the Prairie, wrong! It was very wholesome, however somewhat boring. Not much a story line.
Marci
Third book in the series. Josh is more grown up and responsible, and he is seeing how family and friends are changing around him. Enjoyed :)
Kassie
Josh is now a grown man and trying to figure out what he should do with his life, whether to go on to more schooling, to marry etc.
Ashley Carpenter
My Nana loaned this book to me. Now that she has passed away, it reminds me of her and the wholesome world that she grew up in.
Edy Gies
I remember being incredibly connected with this story. Very moving and uplifting and I would recommend the series.
Mary Chambers
I picked up this book because I wanted to end winter. I love Janette Oke's books. It even had a teacher in it.
Meita
cerita ketika Josh telah selesai sekolah...
cerita di sini lebih menarik, sebab lebih banyak konflik yang ditampilkan.
Bethany
It started out a little slower than the others did, but it still ended up okay. Just different.
  • Sean Donovan (The Californians, #3)
  • The Damascus Way (Acts of Faith, #3)
  • The Union Belle: 1867 (The House of Winslow)
  • A Dream to Follow (Return to Red River, #1)
  • A Fragile Design (Bells of Lowell, #2)
Janette Oke writes with a profound simplicity of what she knows best—real life, honest love, and lasting values. With over 23 million in sales, her historical novels portray the lives of early North American settlers from many walks of life and geographical settings. She also writes engaging children's stories and inspiring gift books that warm the heart.

Janette was born during the depression year...more
More about Janette Oke...
Love Comes Softly (Love Comes Softly, #1) When Calls the Heart (Canadian West #1) Love's Enduring Promise (Love Comes Softly #2) Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly #3) Love's Abiding Joy (Love Comes Softly #4)