Start by marking “Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden” as Want to Read:
Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden

Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Thisaward-winning bookis based on delightful and humorous photographs of a chipmunk's charming antics as he explores the author's garden. Based in a natural setting, this story enlightens as well as entertains. The eighty-six photographs give the reader a close-up view of the Eastern Chipmunk, and provide interesting expressions not available to the naked eye. For children ...more
Published September 30th 2009 by Celtic Sunrise (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden

Amy
I am really not the kind of girl to go "SQUEEEE," over a tiny, cute, fuzzy little mammal, but dang it, SQUEEEE!!!!! This little chipmunk is the cutest little creature I think I have ever seen! What's more, he won the affections of my friends Pam and Lili, and he had my niece and nephew giggling over his cute expressions and busy antics. He is just too cute to pass up!

Ok. Barf. Onward.

The photographs that illustrate this book are really quite remarkable, and do leave you wondering how in the worl
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
The photography in this book is just awesome! You can see some of the interior pages at Ms. Miller’s website. Anyway, I love the idea of this book! Taking pictures of an animal and making it into a cute, believable story! The thing I like most about the pictures is the action spots – very cool! Ms. Miller is a wizard with a camera! Plus she has made a cute story to go with the pictures. Kids can read along to learn about Chippy’s day and all he does and even some dangers he faces! Kids will love ...more
Peacegal
Any photographer can tell you how difficult it can be to capture small, quick wildlife. The photos illustrating this simple story of a chipmunk's search for snacks are a marvel to behold.
Cathy Holmes
I used this as a read aloud for a group of students. It tied in nicely with our nature study on chipmunks.
Phair
Adorable picture book illustrated with amazing photos of chipmunks going about their business gathering food, washing, running from predators (cool shot of a red-tailed hawk diving low). Loved the portrait shots of Chippy with full cheek pouches. I've spent the summer watching the abundance of chipmunks dashing around my own back yard [must be at least 8 of them:], facing off against the hoard of grey and red squirrels for the sunflower seeds we put out, and listening to their "barking" wars as ...more
ReadingJungle.com
Children and nature lovers alike will be captivated by this photo-essay of Chippy Chipmunk. Author/photographer Kathy Miller has compiled dozens of brilliant close-up photographs from her own garden as she chronicles the little critter's daily challenges.

Read the entire review at: www.ReadingJungle.com
Margaret
Loved the funny nature pictures and the story was funny too!
Natalie
This is adorable! The kids and I love the pictures :-)
Dana
Dec 26, 2014 Dana rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Fun and informative storyline with really fun photos.
Chrystal
This was a delight to my girls.
Pamela Fay
I loved this children's book.
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Kathy M. Miller is a teacher, cellist, author and award-winning nature photographer. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Kutztown University with Bachelor degrees in Education and Music.
In addition to the images found in her multi-award winning children’s books Chippy Chipmunk Parties in the Garden, Chippy Chipmunk: Babies in the Garden and Chippy Chipmunk: Friends in the Garden ( 2009, 2011, 201
More about Kathy M. Miller...
Chippy Chipmunk: Babies in the Garden Chippy Chipmunk: Friends in the Garden