Start by marking “The Viking's Captive” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Captive

The Viking's Captive

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  103 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Rorik finds an exquisite beauty lying beaten and helpless in an English manor hall and can't leave her to her vicious husband...or to be found by the advancing Viking raiders. So he carries her away to his ship. But is Rorik intent on saving her--or having her for himself?

Yvaine, Lady of Selsey, is wary of her warrior rescuer. He's caring for her bruises and closely prote

Mass Market Paperback, 299 pages
Published May 28th 2004 by Harlequin (first published May 2nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Captive

Ale Rivero
Apr 15, 2016 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No sé qué me ha conquistado más de esta historia, si los personajes o la ambientación.
Respecto a la ambientación, me gusta cómo la autora muestra la cultura y la vida, tanto de ingleses como noruegos, en una época que era más que común la lucha por conseguir tierras u obtener venganza. Las pequeñas incorporaciones de la mitología nórdica a lo largo de la trama también le dan un toque especial.
En cuanto a los personajes, resultan muy realistas, las escenas de peleas entre Rorik e Yvaine son más q
Heather
Average read. To be honest I got bored before the halfway point, but hey I'm a sucker for Vikings so I finished it. I read it in a day because honestly if I put it down odds were I wouldn't pick it up again. Generic captive viking bride story, with a few twists. It all wraps up in the end, ehh 'bout average love scenes as well.
Didn't love it..didn't hate it but only a one time read and forget for my opinion.
Lpgreads
I usually read paranormal romance so this was a bit off the beaten path for me. The writing was good and overall I liked the style. If I were a fan of historical romance I'd probably rate this 5/5 stars. The start of the book is exciting and pulls you in right away. The premise of this woman living with a husband for five years and was still a virgin was a bit hard to imagine. The story drags a bit in the middle but the interactions between the hero and his brother are good and keep you guessing ...more
Kristy
Yvaine sees her chance for freedom from her overbearing husband when vikings raid their manor. But her husband catches her before she can escape and decides to beat her and leave her to the vikings. Rorik is immediately captivated by the golden haired beauty. She is tied up and it takes him a few seconds to realize she has been beaten. But when he does he is enraged and seeks revenge on her behalf. Then he breaks his own rule about taking women captive, and takes her to his ship, because Yvaine ...more
Missy
Oct 12, 2014 Missy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. There is wonderful passion and love between Rorik and Yvaine, once they get past the mistrust of each other and her fear of Vikings. But then there are many twists and turns in this book that will keep you turning the pages as things are not always what they seem. A good story plot, interesting characters, and wonderful location descriptions.
Jilly
Mar 05, 2016 Jilly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It sounded better then it ended up being. Yvaine is taken from her abusive husbands home by a fierce Viking. Of course, Yvaine is upset that she's been kidnapped from her country and will quite possibly be a slave to a Viking. Rorik is captivated by Yvaine the moment he sees her. He doesn't want a slave but a wife.

Yvaine and Rorik go back to his home where a lot more happens which most seems contrived. The story wasn't terrible but things ran along the predictable line and while I'm a sucker for
Amanda Bayle
C'était ... mignon. Une romance douce, avec un méchant comme on les aime et un peu d'aventure.
J'ai beaucoup aimé l'ambiance générale, la Norvège, la civilisation Viking, quelques rappels de leur mythologie.

L'héroïne est un peu agaçante parfois à ne jamais savoir ce qu'elle veut où à trop cogiter, mais ce n'est pas une TSTL, elle est plutôt du genre à réfléchir avant d'agir, un peu trop même parfois.
Le héros est plutôt charismatique. Peut être un peu trop gentil et bien élevé pour un Viking qui f
Titelaura

Netanella
Cindylisse
ok romatico y cursi jaja para entretenerse un rato esta mas que bien...
Rinou
L'héroïne est un peu butée et a tendance à parler d'abord et à réfléchir ensuite. Le héros est une perle pour un viking. L'ensemble est mignon.
Roub
Feb 28, 2013 Roub rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was a nice book overall but at times quite boring and slow for me at least :-P
Andrés Susaeta
Andrés Susaeta rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Ann Zapolska
Ann Zapolska marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Sory
Sory rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Neni Ch
Neni Ch rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Abby King
Abby King marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Roxanyeli
Roxanyeli marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Julieta
Julieta marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Penny Raspenny
Penny Raspenny rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Tilda
Tilda marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Kayla Holthe
Kayla Holthe marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Moochiekabuchi
Moochiekabuchi rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016
Carolyn Tagariello
Carolyn Tagariello rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2016
Hot Reading Mom
Hot Reading Mom rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Julia Byrne lives in Australia with her husband, daughter and two overgrown cats. She started her working career as a secretary, taught ballroom dancing after several successful years as a competitor, and presently works part-time in the history department of a Melbourne university. She enjoys reading, tapestry and playing mah-jong.
More about Julia Byrne...