Start by marking “Selling Your Services: Proven Strategies for Getting Clients to Hire You [or Your Firm]” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  3 reviews
If you sell any kind of service, whether professional, personal, or technical, this book will give you the information you need to bring in large numbers of sales at the fees you want.
Published June 15th 1992 by Holt Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Selling Your Services, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selling Your Services

Jay
I work for a large computer solutions company to sell products and services and I thought "Selling Your Services" would provide pointers in this area. In my case, I was mostly wrong. The first issue with the book is that it predates not only the social media environment, it predates email. In fact, the one time electronic media is mentioned it is radio that is being discussed. Since a lot of the book is about writing brochures and letters, the advice is not current and could be quite different i ...more
Cara
I felt like I lacked basic knowledge of how to sell services, as opposed to products, so I picked up this book. It's kind of old-school (1991--he talks a lot about direct mail, phone calls and trying to get past the secretary, and the importance of owning a fax machine), but it gave me a great sense of the basics and a lot of really useful details. Very good book.

Notes:
p. 39 Advertising: small classified and display ads most effective for him. See Standard Rate and Data Service (SRDS), 3004 Glen
Rikke Jorgensen
Excellent, as are most things written by Mr Bly. The book is from 1991, so some of the specific advice is outdated (must have a fax, overnight your contracts), but that's unimportant. The principles and experience shared are invaluable.
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Hossein Sajedi
Hossein Sajedi marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Abroerman
Abroerman marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Jim Nash
Jim Nash marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Erdy Rezki
Erdy Rezki marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Fizzbo
Fizzbo marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Blk
Blk marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Conal Cochran
Conal Cochran marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2013
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Rupak Khadka
Rupak Khadka marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Mateo
Mateo marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Dean Outerson
Dean Outerson marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells How to Write & Sell Simple Information for Fun and Profit: Your Guide to Writing and Publishing Books, E-Books, Articles, Special Reports, Audio Programs, DVDs, and Other How-To Content Getting Started as a Freelance Writer Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $100,000 a Year or More The Words You Should Know to Sound Smart: 1,200 Essential Words Every Sophisticated Person Should Be Able to Use