Blank-133x176
Molly Moon und der ind...

Georgia Byng

Molly Moon und der indische Magier (Molly Moon #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  3,641 ratings  ·  148 reviews
Molly Moon meets . . . Molly Moon? In this third book in the wildly popular "New York Times" bestselling series, mesmerizing orphan Molly Moon and her fabulous pug, Petula, are off to India, where they discover a new twist in the potential power of hypnosis: time travel! With the book available in trade paperback for the first time, readers can experience Molly's adventure...more
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon und der indische Magier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon und der indische Magier

Ms. Patterson
I decided to read MOLLY MOON'S HYPNOTIC TIME TRAVEL ADVENTURE, because I loved the first two books in the series. For me, the first two books were clever fun reads. The covers in this series appeal to many and this third one is no different. Bright colors and a cute illustration of Petula (this time big and little Petulas!).

In the first two books, Molly Moon learns to a)hypnotize others to do what she wants and b)stop time. Molly adds to her abilities when in MOLLY MOON'S TIME TRAVEL ADVENTURE s...more
Mailis Viiand
Warning!- if you have an headache or are just tired do not read this book. It whirls and loops your brain into knots...i found couple of ideas of time travel philosophy endearing and i cannot imagine writing this kind of book without lots and lots of plotting lines written down...so hands down to the author...but if now after sighing happily after finally finishing the book, im not quite ready to call the author Georgia Boring, i was indeed close to that couple of times while reading. This being...more
Sandeep Mathias
Einstein is supposed to have said that the passage of time is relative to the person it affects. When you sit on a hot stove, a few seconds will seem like an hour and when you are talking to a beautiful girl (or a handsome young man, if you are a girl), an hour will seem like a few seconds. What if you can use hypnosis to slow down time so much that it actually stops. And what if, you slow down time even more that you go backwards?

Well this, in short, is basically what Molly Moon does, but along...more
Amy
Mags and I just started this one tonight. She wouldn't let me get away with less than three chapters...which means so far it's a winner. We're a little worried about the guy in the turban who keeps vanishing and has now captured Molly and her cool pug Petula. Stay tuned!
Ariel
This series deffanutly qualifies as a guilty pleasure.. Molly Moon is great. She isn't perfect and does not try to pretent that she is I love how easy to relate to she is.. I know this is a childrens book but all the charictars are loveable and it's fun to read!
Cara
This book was ADORABLE!! It was the first one I read but not the first in the series, so I was a little confused but I still loved this book. I am planning on reading the rest of them, and hopefully in the right order this time.
Alicia
Molly's adventures continue to captivate my children. Her cleverness allows her to get herself out of some bad spots and I love that she shows both her uncertainty and insecurities as well as her leadership.
Leela
Feb 20, 2008 Leela rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone with a strong sense of adventure
Shelves: reread-worthy
Something about this series just grabs you. Im not sure what it is, but you cant help but love this book.
Mahathi
good book but very long storyy. got boring in some places since it was so long but i liked the story.
Dolly
Sep 25, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their older children
I wish I had started with the first book in this series, but our oldest said that her teacher had read an earlier Molly Moon book to the class and wanted to move to this one next. I will likely go back to the first stories, but probably not for awhile because this book took a long, long time to read aloud with our girls. It has almost 400 pages and few pictures. The story is confusing, with multiple versions of Molly and Petula and lots of time travel. It was difficult to keep the story straight...more
Anagha Pashilkar
I am currently reading Molly Moon's hypnotic time travel adventure by Goeirga Byng. The main characters so far are Molly, Petula, and Rocky. Although I have only read a few pages of this book, it is really interesting even though it is a little confusing because I feel the author isn't explaining things that are happening well enough. She should slow down and explain the setting more in details because the characters fellings are written very descriptively. I really like how the author starts wi...more
Ragan
This is the third books in a series. It is fun and has some neat ideas such as when Molly (age 11) suddenly meets herself at several different ages, infant, 2, 6, and 10 and experiences all of the memories of all of herselves at the same time. I would like to say that I enjoyed the whole book, but I didn't since I checked it out from the library on CD and when I got to disc 4 it was really just another copy of disc 2. What makes me really mad is that I checked out this audio book several months...more
Paula Madrigal
Pages read: 24
Total time: 200 minutes
This is one of the most intense part of the story! In this part we can feel what Petula (the pug) is feeling now that she is in India with Molly escaping from a horrid villain. We can also feel how a poor person felt back in old India. This is because Molly goes back in time to old India. When she does this, she meets a boy named Ojas who is an orphan as well but lives on the street. We knows how he feels because they travel in a train, but on the roof of it...more
Tannis
This is the third book in the Molly Moon series.

This time, Molly learns to time travel with green and red crystals and she gets kidnapped and taken to India back in time by the Maharajah of Waqt, who then goes forward in time and comes back with younger versions of Molly. He plans to make the younger versions of Molly relive her life before he kills them--therefore the actual Molly will also be killed. So Molly has to use her new time traveling powers to stop him and to get back home.

Just like t...more
Carter
Molly Moon is taken to India in the past. The maharaja is planning a new life for Molly because she ruined his plans. She needs to find a way back to her place and time before the highly hynotically skilled maharaja goes back in time to change Molly's life. Petula is with her and she helps Molly,but Molly is still scared. Molly learns to time travel but doesn't have the stycrals to do it on her own. He brings baby Molly, three year old Molly, six year old Molly, and ten your own money to the pal...more
Ellie
This is an extremely fast paced book filled with suspense and action. The protagonist is a witty eleven year old girl who can hypnotize people. In the book, she is kidnapped by a mysterious man who turns out to be from the seventeenth century, and is taken back in time. She quickly learns how to travel forward and backward in time. When the villain, Waqt, captures three versions of her formal self, she must take risks to save her life along with her best friends Rocky and Forest. A great read fo...more
Anna Lembke
This is an adorable book filled with amazingly original ideas. Molly meets herself from different ages if her life, and is faced with an evil villain.
If you are looking for a quick fun read, go for this series!
Bioncaw
molly is traveling through time bumping into earilier verisions of herself.shes trying to rescue them from an evil maharage named waqt but the only thing slowing him down or stopping him is molly and her brave pug Petula.

This book reminds me of a movie i watched called back to the future. back to the future is kind of like molly moon but molly goes foward in time to follow waqt. in back to the future a kid is trying to warn\save his proffessor from being murdered.

i would reccomend this to peop...more
Elizabeth Meadows
Lots of fun with a plot that played out in a logical, albeit fantastical, way. No loose ends left dangling, although there are subsequent books, and the characters, although stereotypical, are well-enough developed. Glad to know of this author/series.
penelopewanders
Read this, or at least started this, years ago with my children, although I don't remember if we ever got to the end (it was at the time when they became impatient with being read to and whipped the book away to finish by themselves, which is why I haven't read the last Harry Potters.)
Now reading this to see if the style is appropriate to do with a class. This would not be the one I'd start with, obviously, but my copy of the first is in Mallorca and I'm not.
It turns out I had not finished this...more
Ethan
Very confusing. Time travel, that's the way it is.
L.C.
This book was so boring I had to stop reading it.
Cathyl
I thought the book was okay. It was boring and scary at the same time. That is why I gave it three stars.
Matchedmeow
Wow. All I can say is wow. This book got me hooked on Molly Moon and it was just so thrilling with the time travel and adventures and just, wow. This is an amazing book for people who like sci-fi stuff and adventures. It's also very funny, if you read it in class, you might disturb the people around but by laughing so hard it sounds like your dying!!!!! Anyways, READ THIS BOOK IT'S AMAZING!!!!!! Leaves you wanting more especially with a twist at the end that leaves you hungry for more. :)
Swarnima
Very similar to the first book, but in a different backdrop of India. Author hasn't really used the backdrop of India well. Very kiddish book. The first book was at least worth glancing (for adults) , this one is not even worth that. Yet, good for kids with light story and easy English.
Julia Haddad
I kind of got bored and confused in the first couple chapters of this book one of the main reasons was that I didn't read the 2nd book before the first.
Heidi
Torin and I finally finished this book!

It had so many twists and turns and suspensions of reality, what with the time travel plotline that I wasn't a fan. Might have helped if we'd read books 1 and 2 in the series first!

It took me a good 35 pages to realize Molly Moon was a person, not a pug, as pictured on the cover. Oh well...it's the time together at bedtime that really counts, right?
Christy
We picked up this audio book because we've basically run out of audio books available at the library. We soon discovered it was a sequel but the story stood well enough on it's own that we continued. I've never read a book on time travel that considered so many amazing angles. It was very enjoyable and the plan is to go back and read the other books in the series.
Flora
How on earth does Georgia Byng think of all this stuff? I mean it isn't even stolen ideas or semi-stolen ideas... IT IS ALL COMPLETELY ORIGINAL! I was engrossed in this book in noone could make me put it down, you won't want to stop reading any of her books once you stop. I only had one small problem with this book and it was that the first chapter was slightly confusing but other than that this book was complete and utter perfection!:)
Katie
At first this book was slow going, but I realized it was because there was a lot of backstory, which is helpful if you haven't read the first two books (which I hadn't). I really love how powerful Molly is and how she can one up the grownups in this book. She is also very emotional, feeling rejected by her mother and feeling loved by her friends.
I wish she liked better foods than ketchup sandwiches,but I guess picky eaters will relate.
  • The Girls Take Over (Boy/Girl Battle, #8)
  • Emmy and the Home for Troubled Girls
  • Whisper
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Back To The Divide (The Divide, #2)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep (Emily Windsnap, #2)
  • The Secret of Platform 13
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike, #2)
  • Whispering To Witches
  • Clarice Bean Spells Trouble
  • The Haunting Of Freddy (The Golden Hamster Saga, #4)
  • Measle and the Wrathmonk
  • May Bird, Warrior Princess (May Bird, #3)
  • Starring Tracy Beaker
  • Lily B. on the Brink of Cool
  • Touching The Waves (Dolphin Diaries #2)
  • Laura und das Orakel der Silbernen Sphinx (Laura, #3)
Lady Georgia Mary Caroline Byng, (b. 1965), is a British author of children's books and a former actress. Her first writing was for a comic strip, and her first published book was The Sock Monsters. Byng's best known work is Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism and its sequels, about a girl who finds a book about hypnotism and learns how to hypnotize people. Georgia's first published item was...more
More about Georgia Byng...
Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1) Molly Moon Stops the World (Molly Moon, #2) Molly Moon, Micky Minus, & the Mind Machine (Molly Moon, #4) Molly Moon & the Morphing Mystery (Molly Moon, #5) Molly Moon's Hypnotic Holiday (Molly Moon, #2.5)

“There's no time like the present,
No present like time.
And life can be over in the space of a rhyme.
There's no gift like friendship
And no love like mine.
Give me your love to treasure through time.”
21 likes
“Let's stick together."
"Well, you're going to have to wait here for me there: I'm going to the bathroom."
"But how long are you going to be?"
"Oh, three hours?"