Start by marking “Hooked on Phonics: Learn to Read Kindergarten System” as Want to Read:
Hooked on Phonics: Learn to Read Kindergarten System

Hooked on Phonics: Learn to Read Kindergarten System

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This kindergarten learn-to-read starter kit gets kids excited about reading with musical audio CDs, flash cards, a workbook, and 24 magical books all designed to get kids started with basic phonics skills. Plus, a CD-ROM with 28 computer activities is designed to reinforce new skills with fun games designed for independent play.
Paperback
Published June 28th 2005 by Hooked on Phonics

To ask other readers questions about Hooked on Phonics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hooked on Phonics

Skylar Burris
(This review, originally written half way through the system, was updated after we completed the system.)

In my daughter's school, memorization of words by sight and “creative” (“inventive”?) spelling are emphasized instead of phonics. There is some phonics education, but I gather it takes a back seat, and so far (five months into school) still has not extended beyond initial letter sounds. After months of kindergarten, she had managed to memorize about thirty sight words (with considerable frus
Melissa Frentsos
I used all 5 boxes. Found them super cheap on a garage sale site. Some of the books are ok, some of them I didn't care for at all. Can be somewhat helpful.
Heather
I have been working on Hooked on Phonics with both of my boys (ages 3.5 and almost 6) and they love it. My 6-year-old is flying through the exercises and really enjoys making progress on the sticker chart. I like how concepts are reinforced throughout the program. There is a lot to be said for learning phonics while learning to read.
Melissa
If you've read my blog, then you know how much I loved this set. It is so easy to use and Bella is now a reader. I just discovered that the Louisville library carries these sets, so we got Bella the 1st grade set to start on now.
Rusti
Aug 31, 2009 Rusti added it
Shelves: literacy
1 kit available
Brenda Pursley
Brenda Pursley marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Vandana
Vandana marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Thomas Bush
Thomas Bush marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Wendygaunt
Wendygaunt marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Wendy Alderman
Wendy Alderman marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Siri Danthuluri
Siri Danthuluri marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Savannah
Savannah is currently reading it
May 29, 2011
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2009
Danielle
Danielle is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2009
Cyndi
Cyndi added it
Mar 16, 2009
Learn to Read Kindergarten Complete - Amazon Exclusive Edition Hooked on Phonics Master Reader Learn to Read Pre-K Complete - Amazon Exclusive Edition Hooked on Phonics Kindergarten Rhyming Words & More Workbook Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read 1st Grade Complete