Start by marking “Arthur's Valentine: Book & CD” as Want to Read:
Arthur's Valentine: Book & CD

Arthur's Valentine: Book & CD (Arthur Adventure Series)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,580 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
This edition includes an audio CD, read by the author with a 32-page paperback book with ISBN 9780316111874.

Arthur's wrong guess about the identity of the secret admirer sending him valentine messages leads to teasing by the other children, but clues in additional messages allow him to get his due.
Audio CD, 32 pages
Published January 1st 2010 by LB Kids (first published September 30th 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur's Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur's Valentine

↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Well I needed a book from 1980 for a challenge, and it's Valentine's Day, so figured why not. But the ending????? When the kids say, ummmm what???? Well......

*Challenge: A book that came out the year yo were born*
Ronyell
Apr 06, 2010 Ronyell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal-books
“Arthur’s Valentine” is another classic book from Marc Brown’s legendary “Arthur” series. When Arthur discovers valentines in his lunchbox, he tries to figure out who this secret admirer really is. “Arthur’s Valentine” is a cute book about the trials of having your first love interest that will make children feel all cuddly inside themselves.

Marc Brown has done it again at both illustrating and writing this book about the trials of puppy love. Marc Brown’s story is cute and bittersweet at the sa
Kristin
Arthur’s Adventures has always been one of my favorite series but sadly this book is not one of my favorites. The basic plot is Arthur finding valentines from a secret admirer but he can’t figure out just who they’re from. The overall story is cute and would get some giggles from a young group of kids. Unfortunately I was disappointed in the story’s ending. I found it sad and thought there were much better ways to go about it. My biggest problem with this story is that there really is no lesson ...more
Monica Mathis-Stowe
huh?

He left her at the movies after all the cards she made him? That was my 6 year olds response.
Lizzy Herda
Apr 05, 2016 Lizzy Herda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Arthur’s Valentine Marc Browns
Arthur starts getting secret admirer letters around Valentines Day at school. He starts getting embarrassed and thinks they are from his crush in his classroom. He receives multiple within a day, hides them in his coat pocket for no one to sees then has them blow out when he goes to play soccer outside and everyone sees them. All his classmates laughing at him he becomes extremely embarrassed. The narration in this book is also very appropriate for young readers. To
Cory Schulz
Valentines day come once a year so it makes sense that Arthur would have a experience as well. This book is about Arthur finding a valentines in his locker. The Valentines does not show who it is from so it turns out that Arthur has a secret admirer. Arthur starts to expect a lot of different people in the class. This book would be terrible in the classroom. First off there is no good moral to the story. Also this encourages kids to start to have crushes on each other, even if the age is not rig ...more
Alesha Palmer
Mar 29, 2015 Alesha Palmer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Authors valentine.

Author was reviving valentines from an anonymous person. He wondered who it was, so he began to think of the possibilities. He had several people in mind, but he hoped it would be Sue Ellen. The next one explained that there was a treat in his lunch box. The day before Valentine’s Day, Buster made a card for Sue Ellen to give to her. Everyone found out about the letter, and began teasing him. Buster didn’t want to go to school. He felt very self-conscious and wanted to be alon
Andrew Stockle
Through the entire book the reader is left in suspense as Arthur tries to find out who his secret Valentine’s Day admirer is. Furthermore, the reader is launched into Arthur’s thoughts as he receives a secret valentine day after day. Arthur secretly hopes that his valentine is the new girl “Sue Ellen”, he even suspects that it is actually her and sends her a love note of his own. Near the end of the book however, the mystery of the secret valentine is finally revealed. I have really never been a ...more
Bailey
Feb 23, 2016 Bailey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Arthur books are some of my favorite books, I read all of these when I was younger. This one is one of my favorite's because I loved celebrating valentine's day in elementary school because we all brought valentines for each other. It is one that kids can relate to, all of the Arthur books are very easy to relate to for many age groups I believe. Really recommend this series of books.
Tracy Poff
Third Arthur book. Nice art, and this one even has a real story. Francine is secretly sending Arthur valentines, but Arthur hopes it might be the new girl, Sue Ellen, sending them. Francine has teased Arthur in the previous books, and he gets her back with a little trick, once he discovers that she is his secret admirer. This is the best Arthur book so far.
Danelle Spicer
Feb 28, 2015 Danelle Spicer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Valentine's mystery on who is Arthur's secret admirer. A very good book going through Arthur's journey trying to figure out who his secret Valentine is from. Great for young readers just starting out already knowing who the character Arthur is.
Brianna Toepfer
Feb 04, 2014 Brianna Toepfer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
his book is about a secret admirer that leaves quite a few love notes for Arthur to find. Until they are supposed to meet at a movie the day after Valentine's Day. I think this book is very cute and that younger kids will probably find it entertaining.
Max
Jun 28, 2013 Max rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the early Arthur books as well as the debut of Sue Ellen, whom I had a crush on when I was younger...

Anyway, it's Valentine's Day and someone is sending Arthur Valentines. Who is it? Things aren't easy for Arthur because during his tries to find out, he gets embarrassed a couple of times. As for who's sending Arthur his valentines...read the book to find out.

The art is still primitive compared to the later entries, but it's getting better as Marc Brown really is developing these character
Emmy
Feb 01, 2015 Emmy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a boy named arthur.And since it was valentines day arthur got read with making valentines letters to give them to his friends.i like this book because it fun book and it nice.
Pam
First grade students were engaged when I read this book to them. They even noticed the difference in Arthur's looks on the cover vs. inside the book. Nice Valentine story.
Holly Nelson
Oct 02, 2012 Holly Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arthur's Valentine is a story about how he was getting valentines before it was even Valentine's Day. Arthur was hoping it was the new girl, Sue Ellen. He kept finding valentines in his lunchbox until he decided to write Sue Ellen one. Sue Ellen was not too thrilled that the card that Arthur gave her caused everyone to laugh at Arthur. When he got home he received another letter that had a movie ticket inside that his secret admirer wanted him to come to the movies. Francine turned out to be Art ...more
Maxine
Jul 24, 2015 Maxine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and simple

Arthur has a secret admirer- who could it be? Arthur spends the book hoping to find out. He eventually does!
Meg
Feb 20, 2014 Meg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Marc Brown does not disappoint. This one isn't anything deep or terribly original, but the art and story formula / length in Arthur books is just perfect for kids of a certain age. A good opportunity to discuss teasing, and a nice little Valentine's story. Boys will appreciate the surprise ending.
Keleigh
It is a throwback from my childhood. It is cute to think about a secret admirer.
Deb Carter
Feb 10, 2015 Deb Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arthur must find out who his secret admirer is. A sweet book for a sweet occasion.
Annie Zuckerman
Nov 13, 2012 Annie Zuckerman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holidays
Arthur's Valentine is another quality book in the Arthur series. This is a great book to have around the classroom during Valentine's day so that students can get in the spirit of the holiday.
Arthur comes to school on Valentine's day and the students exchange their valentine's with each other. After they open them, Arthur discovers he has a secret admirer. He thinks long and hard about who it could be, but no one seems to make sense. Him and the secret admirer make a plan to meet at the movies
Nelva
Jul 29, 2013 Nelva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my childhood favorites! I loved rushing my family members home so I could catch the latest episode. I love the old fashion illustrations and book smell that whisks me away back to grade school.

In this adventure Arthur has a secret admire but but he can't put his finger on who it is. He secretly hopes its the new student but will finding out who it is leave him broken hearted from his classmates relentless taunting. This book delves into the first inklings of a childhood crush,lea
Aysheh M
Apr 22, 2015 Aysheh M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is too cute! Arthur investigates to see who his admirer is.
Diana
Apr 14, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such adorable book!! Great for book kids on Valentine's day!!
Laura Carby
At the beginning of the book, Arthur was getting Valentine's from a secret admirer. He didn't know who it was. He got notes in his lunchbox. He thought it may be Sue Ellen, who he had a crush on so he made her a special card. Arthur's friends made fun of him for making the card for her. When Sue Ellen opened her card from Arthur, she couldn't believe Arthur wrote her that mushy letter. Everyone began to laugh. It ended up that it was Francine that left the love letter. In the end Arthur left Fra ...more
Alexis Fiore
Jan 21, 2014 Alexis Fiore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arthur has a secret admire and can't figure out who it is! I thought this was a very cute story, It had great illustrations and was easy to read. It is a great choice for younger children and for a classroom environment.
Morgan
May 04, 2015 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arthur
I chose this book because I loved Arthur books when I was younger.
Love Reading
PWRL
Mar 23, 2016 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zzz2016-mar-new
E
  • On The Ocean Floor (The Magic School Bus, #5)
  • Clifford's Birthday Party
  • The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • Happy Easter, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Sees Stars: A Book About Stars
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • Froggy's First Kiss
  • Franklin's Valentines
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...

Arthur Adventure Series (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Chicken Pox: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Tooth  (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Christmas (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Baby (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Teacher Trouble (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur's Underwear (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Arthur Meets The President