Start by marking “Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul” as Want to Read:
Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul

Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of a Music Mogul

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Jermaine Dupri has reached modern-day mythical status in the music industry. He is the power behindthe music of top artists including Mariah Carey,Usher, Lil Jon, and Janet Jackson.

At the age of sixteen, Jermaine Dupri had discovered the child rap duo Kris Kross; by the age of nineteen, Dupri had produced a platinum album and had become a millionaire; and by twenty he wa
Published October 16th 2007 by Atria Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Young, Rich, and Dangerous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young, Rich, and Dangerous

Douglas
Mar 21, 2008 Douglas rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People wanting to pursue a career in the music industry
Shelves: biographies
Jermaine Dupri was a guest on one of Jay-Z's albums and I loved his song, "Money ain't a thing!"

He was a guest on KIIS FM and spoke about his new biography, which included details of him discovering Kris-Kross and being a multi-millionaire. These details piqued my interest into checking his biography out cause I wanted to learn how does someone make that much cash at such a young age.

It was a GREAT book. I really learned a couple things about the music industry and how he operated. He was big
India Celeste
When I heard about this book when it came out, I HAD to buy it. Absolutely no regrets either! I didn't read this book as someone pursuing a career in the music industry or wanting to know people's business, but I still ended up learning so much about the creative process when making albums as well as the juggle of personal life with business. JD's story is a strong reminder that when your spirit fills you up with vision and passion, you MUST follow. He was very open about his personal and financ ...more
Kimberly Hicks
I read this book a few years ago, and I remember thinking how incredibly smart Jermaine is. He was a man on a mission, and that mission paid off in a big way. When he discovered the group Kris Kross, I was too excited for I had never seen anyone wearing their clothes backward--how brilliant, as only Jermaine can do.

This was a wonderfully written book and you will enjoy following his career.
Adrienna
I wanted to know his story, and interesting to hear about Kris Kross and how he got the female group...and made music in his mom's house. He is a celeb now. Also, I was surprised how Babyface and LA Reid treated him, differences, and don't remember too much about his relationship with Janet.
Fantasia Williams
Fantasia Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Cassey Pineda
Cassey Pineda marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Quannta
Quannta marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Jewel
Jewel marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Pronto
Pronto marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2012
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2012
Patrycja
Patrycja marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2011
Sylvin
Sylvin added it
Jun 09, 2011
Madelyn Azcueta
Madelyn Azcueta marked it as to-read
May 26, 2011