Once Upon a Thanksgiving

Once Upon a Thanksgiving (PTA Moms #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  10 reviews

It's A Time For Giving And Receiving...Love
As if working and raising her family of five--four kids and one demanding cat--isn't enough, Samantha Williams has been volunteered to oversee a Thanksgiving pageant at her kids' school. So a relationship is the last thing on this stretched-too-thin single mother's mind.
Until she meets the new interim principal--sexy, single Har...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Harlequin American Romance (first published September 20th 2008)

Harlequin Historical
Fun read!

Once Upon a Thanksgiving is the first in a 3 book series. It is a delight to read and I am looking forward to the rest of them.

In this series, 3 single parents missed the first PTA meeting and were "volunteered" for social planning committee. They will be heads of Thanksgiving play, Christmas fair, and Valenteine's day. Samantha our first mother takes on Thanksgiving since she has a third grader which is the grade that does the actual play. Other grades just do some singing. But poor Sa...more
Dina
Nov 19, 2008 Dina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Samantha Williams, is a divorced mom with 3 boys, a daughter and a very demanding cat. So, as if trying to work and raise her family was not enough, she has now volunteered to do a Thanksgiving pagent at the kids school. So there is no time to even think about a relationship anytime soon or so she thinks until she meets up with an old childhood friend Harry Remington, who turns out to be the new interim principle at the same school. Harry is enjoying spending time with Samantha's family as frien...more
Nicole
I love, love, loved this book. I fell in love with Holly's voice when I picked up the middle book to this series with the free reads Harlequin gave out. If they were hoping to generate sales out of doing that it totally worked for me. I went out and immediately bought the other two and have already started the third. I spent so much of this book in watery tears of happiness that it was hard to read! I've always been told that having kids in books is a big no and for some lines I suppose I can se...more
mandy
My first foray into romance; I won't assign a star rating. I tried to start with the tamest of the 5 and I think I succeeded. Writing reminds me of the formulaic Sweet Valley High, Babysitters Club, etc that I read as a pre-teen. There was a well-developed, if not predictable, backstory to Samantha so there was a little more to the book than just the romance between she and Harry. Overall not as terrible as it could have been. Would be good for readers of gentle contemporary romance.
Shelley
Oct 03, 2008 Shelley rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Celli
Shelves: chicklitromance
This was really solid writing. A great story, well rounded and actually completely realistic characters, and a logical ending not often found in romances. Awesome! I'll definitely check out the next in the series, about Michelle.

(Okay, I thought that naming two of her children Stan and Stella was kind of weird and possibly creepy, but other than that, can recommend it without hesitation.)
Amy
Fun romance set around Thanksgiving.. Single mom of 4 kids organizes the school thanksgiving pageant and falls for the principal :)
Ellen
Loveable characters with real conflict in their lives, a great small town setting and a cat called Grunge---what's not to adore!
Amanda
FANTASTIC Thanksgiving/holiday read. This book has real life situations and makes you fall in love with everyone involved.
Racheal
Review to come
Winona
Winona added it
Jul 23, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
KimberlyDawn
KimberlyDawn marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Maryellen Kunkel
Maryellen Kunkel marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Jen Ayers
Jen Ayers marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Reem Taha
Reem Taha marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Fernande
Fernande marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Alla Alex
Alla Alex marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Buffie Baldwin
Buffie Baldwin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Holly Jacobs leads a life full of romance and adventure. From skydiving to jet-setting around Europe, from snorkeling in coral reefs to writing while wearing beautiful silk peignoir sets and popping chocolate bonbons, Holly Jacobs leads a life that is the epitome of romance...

Well, my fictional life sounds more interesting, but not better than my real life. Really, I'm the happily married mother...more
More about Holly Jacobs...
Just One Thing Steamed: (Maid in LA, #1) Everything But a Groom Everything But a Bride Unexpected Gifts